Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 120 to 136 of 154

Thread: Goon's training journal

  1. #120
    Freak of Nature thegoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Boston Area
    Posts
    11,425
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    I've been all over the place with real life stuff recently. I have been training . I'm back at it now.

    10 / 4 Delts

    Shoulder presses using squat machine
    1 plate x 15
    2 plates x 15
    4 plates per side x 12
    5 plates per side x 12
    7 plates per side x 12
    6 plates per side x 12

    Single arm leaning cable side laterals
    15 x 15
    20 x 12
    25 x 12

    Incline rear delt flyes John Meadows style straight arm
    20 x 15
    25 x 15
    30 x 12

    Cable rope face pulls
    80 x 20
    100 x 15
    120 x 15

    Dumbbell side laterals
    25 x 20
    35 x 15
    40 x 12
    45 x 10 , 30 x 12 , 20 x many

    Wide grip upright rows
    85 x 15
    95 x 15
    95 x 14

    DB front raises
    3 sets TJoe style
    25 x 15 - 12

  2. #121
    Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    17,621

    Default

    I like it! LOL
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

  3. #122
    Freak of Nature thegoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Boston Area
    Posts
    11,425
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    New training split started today

    Day 1 - delts and Tris
    Day 2 - Back
    Day 3 - 0ff , cardio and
    Day 4 - Arms
    Day 5 - Legs
    Day 6 - Chest and Bi 's
    Day 7 - Off , cardio and abs

    11/20
    Shoulders and Tri 's
    Keeping it relatively light until we get in the swing

    Shoulder press on squat machine
    1 plate x 15
    2 plates x 15
    3 plates x 12
    4 plates x 12
    6 plates x 12

    Dumbbell side laterals
    30 's x 15
    35 's x 15
    40 's x 15
    45 's x 12 , 35 x 8 , 25 x 10 , 20 x 11

    Wide grip upright rows
    4 sets x 15

    Side lateral machine
    3 sets x 12 reps with pause at top followed by bottom partials to failure , last set double drop

    Tri 's
    Karate chop machine
    3 sets x 15

    Decline close grips
    135 x 15
    185 x 12
    185 x 12
    185 x 10

    Cardio 20 minutes

  4. #123

    Default

    Good shit Goon, glad to see your back in the section

  5. #124
    Freak of Nature thegoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Boston Area
    Posts
    11,425
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Hungwell View Post
    Good shit Goon, glad to see your back in the section
    Last month or so has been hectic. I got training , but clients for fall contests took a lot of time

  6. #125
    Freak of Nature thegoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Boston Area
    Posts
    11,425
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    11/21

    Back

    Wide grip lat pulldowns
    4 sets x 12

    Incline bench dumbbell rows
    70's x 12
    90's x 12
    105's x 10
    120's x 10

    Metroflex rows - push incline bench up to pulley face away from the machine using neutral grip
    4 x 12

    Wide grip cable rows
    3 x 12

    Rear delt flys superset with rope face pulls
    4 sets

    Hammer shrugs
    3 x 15

  7. #126
    Freak of Nature thegoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Boston Area
    Posts
    11,425
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Okay

    Wednesday did cardio and abs
    Thursday hit arms
    Friday supposed to be leg day will do tomorrow

    11/25
    Chest

    Decline bb press
    135 x 12
    185 x 12
    225 x 10
    275 x 8
    275 x 8
    245 x 9

    Landmine press off of supported row
    3 sets x 12

    Superset incline cable flys with hammer inclines
    40 pound flys / 2 plates on hammer
    4 rounds

    Single arm cable flys from bottom arm across chest twisting from neutral to over hand grip
    3 sets x 12 - 15

    Bi 's
    Alternate db curls
    35 x 12
    40 x 12
    45 x 10
    50 x 8 drop 35 until failure

    Single arm cable cable curls
    FST 7

  8. #127
    Freak of Nature thegoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Boston Area
    Posts
    11,425
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    11/26
    Legs

    Leg extensions
    2 x 20 warm up

    Front squats
    3 warm ups
    4 x 10 - 12

    Super set leg extensions into leg presses feet together pushing with balls of feet
    4 sets 15 - 20 reps each

    Seated leg curls
    3 x 15

    Hacks Platz style on toes super settled with laying leg curls
    3 sets 12 reps each

  9. #128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegoon View Post
    11/26
    Legs

    Leg extensions
    2 x 20 warm up

    Front squats
    3 warm ups
    4 x 10 - 12

    Super set leg extensions into leg presses feet together pushing with balls of feet
    4 sets 15 - 20 reps each

    Seated leg curls
    3 x 15

    Hacks Platz style on toes super settled with laying leg curls
    3 sets 12 reps each
    funny you mention this.

    in 2015-16 the gym I was at had one of these hacks which pretty much mimic the old school ones from the early eighties and back.


    This one was the best I have seen to be able to to them platz style, and one of the best for hacks next to the barbell, the old old ones from the old old days and of course doing them facing outward on the hammer strength super squat like the one bewlow(neither of these machines are in my gym) I am going back to something really more equipped in a few weeks, I love old hardcore gyms but my mind and older body craves more variety and colors
    I find most of the modern day hack squats(which are in reality reverse leg press) suck ball for the most part with the exception again being the above machine and facing out from this one below

  10. #129
    Freak of Nature thegoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Boston Area
    Posts
    11,425
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    funny you mention this.

    in 2015-16 the gym I was at had one of these hacks which pretty much mimic the old school ones from the early eighties and back.


    This one was the best I have seen to be able to to them platz style, and one of the best for hacks next to the barbell, the old old ones from the old old days and of course doing them facing outward on the hammer strength super squat like the one bewlow(neither of these machines are in my gym) I am going back to something really more equipped in a few weeks, I love old hardcore gyms but my mind and older body craves more variety and colors
    I find most of the modern day hack squats(which are in reality reverse leg press) suck ball for the most part with the exception again being the above machine and facing out from this one below
    I'm a fan of using that machine for shoulder presses

  11. #130
    Freak of Nature thegoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Boston Area
    Posts
    11,425
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    11/27
    Delts and tri's

    Neutral grip shoulder presses
    2 warm up sets 15 - 20

    Smith machine presses
    3 sets 8 - 12

    Dumbbell laterals
    35 x 15
    40 x 15
    45 x 12
    50 x 11 full drops starting at 40 down to 15

    Icarian standing lateral machine
    Single arm
    4 sets multiple reps drops , partials and rest pause

    Machine press
    Rack 3 x 15

    Super set v bar push downs w overhead rope extensions
    4 sets

    Super set single arm reverse grip push downs superset with db front raises
    4 sets

    Single arm push downs
    3 sets x 12

  12. #131
    Freak of Nature thegoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Boston Area
    Posts
    11,425
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    11/28
    Back

    Wide grip pulldowns
    4 x 10 - 15

    Superset T bar rows with rack pulls
    4 heavish sets

    Cable rows
    4 sets 10 - 12

    Hammer front pull down sitting sideways
    3 x 12

    Rear delts
    Superset pec deck reverse fly with rope face pulls
    4 sets

  13. #132
    MD staff Daibhí O'Buadain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    One thousand calories below maintenance
    Posts
    20,165
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegoon View Post
    11/27
    Delts and tri's

    Neutral grip shoulder presses
    2 warm up sets 15 - 20

    Smith machine presses
    3 sets 8 - 12

    Dumbbell laterals
    35 x 15
    40 x 15
    45 x 12
    50 x 11 full drops starting at 40 down to 15

    Icarian standing lateral machine
    Single arm
    4 sets multiple reps drops , partials and rest pause

    Machine press
    Rack 3 x 15

    Super set v bar push downs w overhead rope extensions
    4 sets

    Super set single arm reverse grip push downs superset with db front raises
    4 sets

    Single arm push downs
    3 sets x 12
    I bet your delts were fried after all that volume

  14. #133
    Freak of Nature thegoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Boston Area
    Posts
    11,425
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daibhí O'Buadain View Post
    I bet your delts were fried after all that volume
    My delts were fried. I feel that I can get more from volume these days. Gone are the days of me pressing the 120's my joints can't take it

  15. #134
    Freak of Nature thegoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Boston Area
    Posts
    11,425
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    11/30

    Arms
    Hammer dip machine seated
    4 sets working up to 4 plates last set with a drop

    Seat curl bar curls focusing on top range
    4 sets 9 - 12 reps highest weight 90

    Super set skull crushers into close grips the close grips performed extremely fast taken for John Meadows

    3 sets x 12 - 15 each brutal burn

    Plate loaded preacher curl machine
    3 sets 12 - 15
    Last set a drop

    Superset reverse grip push downs and overhead
    4 sets tons of reps

    Dumbbell incline curls
    4 sets x 12

    I'm going to throw in forearms from now on

  16. #135
    Freak of Nature thegoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Boston Area
    Posts
    11,425
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    12/1
    Legs

    I wasn't really feeling but I got in a grove and destroyed my legs

    Warm up leg extensions 2 x 25

    Leg curls
    4 x 15

    Front squats
    135 x 15
    185 x 15
    225 x 10
    275 x 12
    275 x 12
    275 x 11

    Hacks on toes legs together
    2 warm ups
    3 plates x 15
    3 plates x 15
    3 plates x 12
    2 plates x 20

    Leg press legs together
    6 plates per x 67
    6 plates x 54
    6 plates x 42

    All done after that

  17. #136
    Freak of Nature thegoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Boston Area
    Posts
    11,425
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    11/2
    Chest

    Incline bb
    135 x 12
    185 x 10
    225 x 10
    275 x 10
    275 x 10
    275 x 8
    All heavier sets done with a long pause at bottom

    Plate loaded incline somewhere between a fly and press
    4 sets 8 - 12

    Superset cable cross overs and extremely wide grip hammer dips with elbows out 3 plates on dips
    4 sets

    Superset hoist incline fly machine with hammer incline machine 3 sets

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •