Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: "RHABDO": A Scary Side of High-Intensity Training

Default "RHABDO": A Scary Side of High-Intensity Training

That's why the Arthure Jones, Mike Mentzer and Ellington Darden propose ample amounts of time between workouts to recover properly and prevent such extremes side effect

Quote Originally Posted by OZ1972 View Post
    That's why the Arthure Jones, Mike Mentzer and Ellington Darden propose ample amounts of time between workouts to recover properly and prevent such extremes side effect
    Exactly.

Common sense, people!

There are no bodybuilders in the world that will ever get rhabdo from training too hard. Actually a laughable thought that someone could achieve rhabdo training "delts"

The ideas of Mentzer or Arthur about intense training were not designed to avoid this problem, they were designed to respect recovery and support muscle growth.

I suppose if you do some crap as German volume training, you can get this disease.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

People are mentioning the Aurtur Jones/ Mike Mentzer HIT in this thread and how it was designed to be favourable to good recover between workouts and how they are also brief so you can train in short bursts and have a "life" while keeing in shape etc.

Now that is all fine and dandy but the one thing that always bothered me is how come neither mike nor aurtur actually trained the last couple decades of their lives?

Surely with their system all you needed was 30-45 minutes 3-4 times a week and they expected every trainee to do this yet they themselves "could not" or "would not" find the time to do it.

Just something that has always bothered me about their own system. Not knocking the system because enough people claim to like/love it or a version of it whatever the case may be. It is just my opinion that how a person really trains for success has to do with longevity, and before someone says that Mike retired that is fine but why could he not workout anymore? Sorry not taking advice from someone who does not practice what they preach, kinda like my GURU rant its the same thing, have those fuckers don't even workout or follow a healthy lifestyle of any sort themslves and look it.
    Or that guy who thinks he is a journalist and thinks every bodybuilder, offical or industry person is his new best friend becuase they acknoeleged his existence so they could get mentioned in a video and he looks like shrek's fat stepbrother

Anyways none of this was a kncok on Hi intensity AJ/MM training. I could say the same for the guy who invented CrossShit, guy looks like shit

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Hungwell View Post
    It is just my opinion that how a person really trains for success has to do with longevity, and before someone says that Mike retired that is fine but why could he not workout anymore?
    Although I agree with what you say, in most sports, athletes stop practicing it when they retire. Maybe they are burned out of everything related to exercise and performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    Although I agree with what you say, in most sports, athletes stop practicing it when they retire. Maybe they are burned out of everything related to exercise and performance?
    I get what you are saying but most athletes and weight trainers still practice some kind of activity.

Think about it from the weight training aspect of retired pros from way back
    Draper trains in his seventies
    Bill peal is like almost 87, still works out
    Frank Zane, 75 still works out
    Arnold, 70 years old tomorrow, still trains
    Stallone 71, still trains
    Haney looks like he still trains in his mid fifties
    Gaspari, Labrada, Mike Christian, Berry Demay, all still train consistently in their fifties and look good for their age

Lots of retired hockey players for example do those old timer games for charity, tons of retired figure skaters do ice capades and other events

Dorian does yoga and cycling but my point is to all of these guys is they still do some kind of exercise and follow a certain lifestyle, not strict like when they were tops obviously but you get the picture.

That was my point about A Jones and Mentzer, they constantly arugued about brief training yet could not nor would not take care of themselves

The GURUS, other than Farah up until recently where he got sick, generally don't look like they have picked up anything heavier than a buurger king whopper the past decade.

One other guy who used to train people in canada and changed his focus to other demographics of the weight trai9nign public is Scott Abel, that guy is in his mid fifties, had a freak physique until about a decade ago and is now just fit and muslar for his ageand looks fantastic(mid fifties)

My whole point is all of the above trained hard for a period of their hey day, but also trained smart enough that they could stay consistent and look way better than 90% of their age demographic. In other words to me they are hardcore because they did not train like morons and within their abilities once they toned shit down.

these other ones who are in the " I am all in or I will live on cheetos" brigade are fucking idiots

I do not understand why to abandon exercise and diet, but it seems that there are many athletes who do not develop passion and love for it, and are only for money, fame or attention.

Perhaps, Menzer -Arthur was not even an athlete, we could say that he was a "scientist of the exercise"- decided to devote himself to his intellectual activities and consider that his stage regarding development and physique care had ended. I think that bullshit, that both are compatible. It may also be that he was depressed for not having get the victory over Arnold, but that is no reason to give up exercise and a healthy lifestyle.

If your Kidney functions are normal you won't have an issue with this from any form of exercise.

Forum Leader: No Bull Sports, MD Pets! paradox's Avatar

I would like to read the logical physiological process as how this process happened. Other wise, it's bro science. yes there certain biological markers that indicate the muscles were stressed and injured ie; weight training, doesn't mean they're having going through extreme catabolic process.
    "#KillingShitz #HaterRepz"

Banned

Rhabdo is caused by bad form and high volume/frequency. Really sad how even today so many "bodybuilding" articles try to discredit the HIT school with this kind of nonsense.

This is a pointless article with nothing to do with bodybuilders. Stay true MD stay true.
    In the sea of heavy metal, you are plankton.