Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: D-NUTZ's Training Log

Default D-NUTZ's Training Log

Hey everyone. Joe asked me to do my best to start one of these up and I figured it would be a good time.

5'11" 263 currently.

If there's anything you wanna know, ask up!

Nice, will be reading this!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A3003 met Tapatalk

whats your macros like at this point? and how you stracture your meals? ( as far as training time etc?)
    and if you have time to post a detailed typical daily meal plan would be cool!

Excellent Derek , this will be great . Thanks for starting a kournal

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

Thanks D.
    Anything you feel like adding, just do it. Maybe something your adding, subtracting or a tweak or twinge you're working around etc. Change in diet. You know.
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

Thanks for stopping for stopping by guys! I'll get to your questions and get some more detailed information up during the afternoon today when I can sit on a computer and type it.

My goal is to give you guys as much insight into my life as I can. Plan is to post diet, diet changes, workouts, progress pictures, daily thoughts, different ideas I have, as well as answer any questions you guys may have.

My training is based on an 8 Day rotation with days off as I need them. I follow a mix of progressive overload and then more traditional training following my progressive overload exercises.

Day 1 - Legs
    Day 2 - Chest/Front And Side Delt/Tris
    Day 3 - Back/Rear Delts/Bis
    Day 4- Legs
    Day 5 - Chest/Tris
    Day 6 - Back/Bis
    Day 7 - Shoulders
    Day 8 - Arms

Quote Originally Posted by D-NUTZ View Post
    My training is based on an 8 Day rotation with days off as I need them. I follow a mix of progressive overload and then more traditional training following my progressive overload exercises.

Day 1 - Legs
    Day 2 - Chest/Front And Side Delt/Tris
    Day 3 - Back/Rear Delts/Bis
    Day 4- Legs
    Day 5 - Chest/Tris
    Day 6 - Back/Bis
    Day 7 - Shoulders
    Day 8 - Arms
    Interesting split definitely not a typical bodybuilding. How much is your training influenced by powerlifting

Quote Originally Posted by bill2 View Post
    whats your macros like at this point? and how you stracture your meals? ( as far as training time etc?)
    and if you have time to post a detailed typical daily meal plan would be cool!
    I'm not 100% on macros at this point because I haven't had a chance to sit down and calculate them exactly...but here's a normal day of eating for me. I tend to eat my pre meal about 1:15 pre workout and post as soon as I get home and get it around so maybe 30-45min later.

I tend to train either between meals 2 and 3 or after meal 4.

All meat is weighed after cooking. Rice, pasta, egg whites all weighed raw.

Meal 1 - 460g egg whites, 30g protein powder, 100g rice, 4 whole eggs, 1 serving cheese, 2 servings bacon bits, 100g pineapple

Meal 2 - 8oz 93/7 beef, 112g whole wheat pasta, 100g pineapple

Meal 3 - 8oz Chicken, 100g rice, 15g red palm oil, 100g pineapple

Meal 4 - 8oz Chicken, 1/2 bag Alexia garlic fries or sweet potato fries, 100g pineapple

Pre - 5oz chicken, 100g rice, 15g coconut oil

Pre Shake - preworkout powder of choice (right now Animal Fury or Shock Therapy), 25g glycerine, 6g Hydromax, 3g taurine, 6g citrulline, 3G beta alanaine, 5g creatine, 1/2tsp each salt and potassium.

Intra - 50g carbs, 20g EAA, 25g glycerine, 6g Hydromax, 3g taurine, 6g citrulline, 3G beta alanaine, 5g creatine, 1/2tsp each salt and potassium.

Post - 4 slices Ezekiel toast with jelly, 4oz chicken, 2 Light&Fit Greek Yogurts, 4 rice cakes

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon View Post
    Interesting split definitely not a typical bodybuilding. How much is your training influenced by powerlifting
    Funny you say that. That split is actually stolen from Dallas' and Matt's big old thread. I liked the frequency and started following it with my own tweaks post show last year and loved it. I take time off from frequency once or twice a year to rest but I tend to follow this most of the year with tweaks based on needs and goals. Right now I have a lot more Arm frequency than normal to see if I can spark something there.

Up until recently, my legs were pretty split. Day 1 was very quad dominant and day 4 was Ham/Glute dominant. But my quads had fallen behind so now I do a lot more quads on day 4 than I had been to try and bring them up

As far as my training and powerlifting....it goes in spurts. Right now there is very few influences just based on how things are going. I do some non traditional movements that powerlifers tend to do because I feel they are super beneficial like Reverse Hypers and Floor presses. But most of my training is pure bodybuilding/hypertrophy based at this point since I am full blown.

When backing off supps and stuff, I tend to revert back to more powerlifting styles to keep loads and intensity up but volume down to help since recovery is decreased

I'll start posting workouts for you guys tonight! I just finished my first rotation through my split yesterday and today is my first chance to beat the log book this phase.

Got Back/Rear Delts/Bis on the menu. Progressive movements are Rack Chins and Seal Rows.

Also, I tend to post a lot of quick clips on my IG and Facebook so look me up there and follow along!

www.instagram.com/DerekLutz

Facebook is Derek Lutz and my profile pic is a picture of me and my girl at the zoo so you know which one is me. If you can't find me, just PM me your account and I'll add you

Here's my planned workout

Also some pictures from yesterday morning. Weight was like 263.2 right out of bed.

IMG_5505.JPGIMG_5507.JPGIMG_5508.JPGIMG_5509.JPGIMG_5510.JPGIMG_5511.JPGIMG_5513.JPGIMG_5514.JPGIMG_5515.JPG

I was wondering how you approach your PED use since you are an endo for offseason and precontest if you don't mind addressing those things..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dallas and Matt good stuff . I'll have to dig up that thread. As far as PL I'm a fan of single arm DB floor presses.

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

I feel you are 100% with how you approach BBing style when "full blown" and PL style when not. Makes perfect sense!
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2