Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NelsonMuntz Training Journey

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Sunday December 10,2017
    arms, legs
    lying face down incline barbell curl(on incline bench) 4 sets
    1 arm rope pushown 4sets
    Seated leg curl 6x15-8---------15-30-45-60-75-90
    modified syanding leg curl(on leg extension facing machine) 4 sets(alternate legs each set, no rest until all 4 sets done 4x15 to failure(first set got 15 reps after resp fell each set), forgot the weight used
    good girls 5x15-6---10-130lbs add weight each set
    bad girls 5 x15-6----10-130lbs
    leg extensions 6 setsx15-6---10-30-40-50-60-70
    hack squats 2 sets (just wanted to try it out bodymasters model, havent used one of these in 4 years I belive)
    45 degree leg press(precor) 1x100(machine only, feels like 90), correction looked up model on net it weighs 136 without added weight), 1x60( 1 plate per side so 226), 1x40(2 plates per side so 316), 1x total fucking fail because my legs were rubber from the other sets lol, with 3 plates per side so 406lbs, Those 3 prior sets plus the extensions and all the other shit I did including the good/bad girls and curls just pre-exhausted me to the point of no return, with that last set I got like 3 reps before I knew my legs were fried and it was time to stop. I like being sore but I want to be able to train legs again in the next 4-6 days

anyways good workout
    The Body Masters' Hack machine is great on your back but hell on the knees. I keep my feet high on this machine and watch my weight it's an ego buster

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon View Post
    The Body Masters' Hack machine is great on your back but hell on the knees. I keep my feet high on this machine and watch my weight it's an ego buster
    agreed. Definitaly would not start with this as a first exercise unless I warmed up with several sets of both leveraged bodyweight squats follwed by bodyweight squats. The machine by itself has a higher starting weight by itself.
    learned my lesson years ago on an old smith machine that was 90lbs just the bar alone lol when I walked under it to do shoulder presses and thinking it was probably 25-45 lbs(this was before all the floating counterbalanced smiths came out and ruined those machines forever)

I like this gym though, it is close to where I live. I may join sometime in the new year after I take care of some other stuff that is more important

They basically have something for everyone's fitness tastes here
    GrassyKnowles1.jpgGrassyKnowles2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon View Post
    I still like old school Barbell Hacks.
    Hack Squat Using Barbell.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Donny View Post

I haven't done them in years. I'm going to give them a.try light

Quote Originally Posted by Donny View Post
    me too have incorporated them on an off over the years.

very touch movement that hits the thighs and cardio vascular hard, best done with the smaller plates(5's,10's,25's)

Today was supposed to be Back day, however the day got in the way because of running around and something I am getting into business wise.

other than that my bodyparts are coming up, my arms finally. Over the next few weeks after the holidays I will start adding a bit more structure into my eating again

My daily schedule will be changing to the point where I will have to be more spot on with what I do. Right now I am at the advantage where I am never really far from home so I can eat my meals most days when I want whereas with this upcoming new opportunity things change. I absolutely fucking hated every moment from may until the end of October as I was dependant on the weather and other people's schedules when it came to my work time which affected my subsequent play time, personal time and everything else

Basically I finally have alot coming up in the new year so I have to be prepared more for everything. I am looking forward to this. The last month and a half have been make my own schedule and that is great but I thrive on having too much to do.

so in january I will be training on specific days, eating at specific times and my free time and other things at specific times rather than it being all over the place.

Thursday December 14, 2017
    Back traps calves
    Iso one arm Hammer row warmp ups then 4 x12-6---up to 2 1/2 pplates per side
    close grip pulldown(facing away from machine, using 2 single handles in the same loop) 4x10-15
    Techno gym pulldown 4x10-15(forgot the weight was progressive though) this is hands down the best pulldown machine I have ever tried, gopes long the same planes as those old nautilus duo lat machine]

straight arm straight fixed bar barbell pullover(lower only to paralell to floor) 4x15
    t- bar row(finally a real fucking t-bar row machine) 5 sets from machine to adding 10lbs each set wide grip... done lee haney style not this 79 degree bullshit so many do
    t-bar.jpg
    db shrugs and face pulls 4 sets each(face pulls pulled high above forehead

toe press on seated leg press atlantis 6 sets worked up in weight.rolled up my sweats and watched my calves during set, they are really coming back up and can see the vein on the inside when flexing and contracting during the set
    Last edited by NelsonMuntz; December 15th, 2017 at 05:58 PM.

Friday December 15, 2017
    chest biceps forearms
    Incline machine press(techno gym) 3 warm ups the 4x6-8-40,60,80,100
    Incline db flyes warmup then 4x12-15- 10,15,20,25
    db flat bench feet on bench warm up then 3x6-8---30,40,50
    db pullover flate bench warm up then 3x15-20 30, 40,50
    ALL sets above done slow to med speed with stretch and contract at each rep
    incline db curls warm up then 4x10-12---10,15,20,25
    ez bar curl(fixed bar, wide grip) war up then 3x8-10---super strict and super slow 30,40,50
    one arm high cable curl 3x12-15---facing machine cable basically like in this video, same machine as well

Going to start updating again after the holidays

but here is my year in review lol

getbig2017pt1.jpg

hopefully this gif I made works, some of it is my photoshops and memes I made during the year on getbig, the last fews shots show me going up and down and up and down in weight from 2011ish to this past week

output_zRa7zF.jpg

220ish 2011ish
    lats2011.jpg
    same weight range 2011, notice the bad tan, undiagnosed goring high bp probably at that time and mediocre arm develpment
    Thing 2011.jpg
    end of 2016 fat and bloated from food and a med side effect 250lbs
    thing2016.jpg
    couple months ago end of october ish 200lbs lost 50 since last year still have distension from those meds
    djIsSkinny.jpg
    this past week 218 back training regularly since beginning of november club restaurant bathroom
    IMG_20171223_231914.jpgIMG_20171224_000630.jpgIMG_20171224_002057.jpgIMG_20171223_231925.jpg

Goal is to trim down slowly, be at a weight where I am comfortable, strong and virile

Totally forgot to enter here lately

anyways have been training everything with the exception of quads because I twisted my ankle almost 2 weeks ago, ironically I was just healing up and slipped and fell again today on the sidewalk face first.

That being said
    Monday Jan 15, 2018
    Shoulders, Triceps, abs
    Seated plate loaded atlantis press 5x6-8(all very slow reps working up in weight machine looks like this one)-45-55-65-75-85

front db raise 4x10-12-5,10,15,20
    side db raise 4x10-12-5,10,15,20
    bent db raise 4x15-20-5,10,15,20
    rear delt machine 4x15-20-30,45,60,75
    high pulley rope extension 5x6-8(on functional trainer)--in kg-20-25-30-35-40
    swiss bar close grip 5x10-12-45,65,85,105,105---love this bar, never tried it before
    low pulley 1 arm cable extension 4-10-12-
    seated dip machine 4x15-20
    incline leg raise 4 sets
    techno gym ab crunch 4 sets
    ab roller 4 sets

tuesday Jan 16,2018
    Back,traps,hamstrings
    Wide Grip Bent BB rows(old school style) 5x6-8-65,85,105,115,125 done very slow from bottome to top
    one arm hammer row 4x10-12-nice, slow full feely reps, last week I worked up to a few plates per side, today I backed off to get the total feel again in my lats started with a 25 each side for the first 2 sets, then a 35 each side for the last 3 sets
    Wilkins style one arm Pulldowns on Hammer(like goon was talking about) 4x10-12
    stiff arm cable pulls straight bar bent paralell to floor, stretch at top pull till my fists face the floor 4x15-20 on functional trainer
    wide paralell grip 60 degree pulls to upper chest on function trainer sitting on floor 4x15-20
    db shrugs 4 sets
    shrugs off seated hammer bench press 4x15-20 I made this idea and modifed it to shrugs that I stole from Ron Harris doing rows on the Incline hammer press here, only I used to seated reg hammer bench press and grabbed the grey bars and shrugged them, honestly this is hands down the best time I have ever felt my traps ever like this. Thanks to ron for giving me the idea to modify this further for my shrug needs

Lying leg curl 5x6-8 elbows on pad
    glute ham raise(just started using this apparatus) 4 sets
    standing leg curl on leg extension(techno gym) 4x10-12

glute kickbacks on techno gym 4x15-20

Note...that is not me above doing the movement lol

Friday Jan 19, 2018-Chest, light delts abs
    all sets reps done fairly slow with a pause at bottom and top of movement
    DB Bench press 4x8-20,30,40,50db
    incline cable flye/crossover 4x10-12
    decline bench press with swiss bar 4x10-12-bar, 60, 95,115
    incline db pullover 4x15-20- 25db
    incline machine press(techno masters) wide grip 4x15-20
    incline one arm db raise 8x8 back and forth no rest---I basically ly side ways against the angled side of the preacher bench
    lying leg raise (swiss ball between legs 4 sets
    crunches with head and shoulders off bench 4 sets
    techno gym total ab machine 4 sets
    horizontal chops on cable 4 sets
    ab roller 4 sets

Saturday January 22, 2018
    I am hopefully going to be able to train quads again in the next few days, my ankle still hurts but the dwelling and pain has started to subside slowly. Just another reason it made sense use that opportunity to go a bit lighter and squeeze the reps, aside from re-introducing alot of exercises back in I can't stand or walk with alot of weight on my ankle still. Reading those haney articles also made me realize that I can still do certain moves but the training heavy is really relative to the rep range I am doing, and just because I am doing 6-8 reps does not mean that is supposed to be superhavy no more than 15-20 reps is supposed to mean light.

Back,traps
    Wilkins One arm hammer pulldowns 4x8---25/side, 35/side, 45/side, 55/side---done with slow full reps with a pause at bottom and top
    wide grip t-bar rows(a real t-bar guys) 4x8- machine, +10-, +20, +30 these are done old school bent over row style, same rep cadence as above, weight was too light though, had more to do with ankle and stabilization
    Gravitron Chins 4x10-12----180,160,140,120x9 same rep style, have not done these for quite a while
    Seated dual row machine (atlantis) 4x10-12(forgot the weight)
    decline db pullover 4x20- done slow same reps style as above---25 db awesome move, I did do it last month but the facility I was at the decline was super steep so I was more concentrated about being literally upside down in comparision where I felt this 100%
    60 degree rope pull/row 4x15-20---seated on floor, because every time I use a different pully due to access, etc when I do some cable movemants it down not really matter what the weight is, as 60 lbs on one machine feels like 120-150, where as other machines 120-150 feels like 60. This is why I chuckle sometimes where people mention(not on here) using the whole stack on some rope pushowns with perfect form you know what kind of cable apparatus that is.
    Hang Power cleans 4x6-8- 65, 65, 85,85, Have not done this for ages. I should have just stuck with 65 though not because 85 was heavy but because 85 was a bit tough on the ankle. Remember I weigh 220 so that is over 300lbs on my banged up ankle or whatever the distribution is
    Rope face pulls to above head 4x10-12----add weight each set hold at top for 2 count
    Shrugs pulling from front of Seated Hammer Bench like a few posts above 4x20- 10lbs per side..literally I am typing this and the area I felt it best when doing this is fucking nice and sore in a good way

did a few pump sets of arms(lying db across face, plus one arm cable concentration curls)

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Thursday December 14, 2017
    Back traps calves
    Iso one arm Hammer row warmp ups then 4 x12-6---up to 2 1/2 pplates per side
    close grip pulldown(facing away from machine, using 2 single handles in the same loop) 4x10-15
    Techno gym pulldown 4x10-15(forgot the weight was progressive though) this is hands down the best pulldown machine I have ever tried, gopes long the same planes as those old nautilus duo lat machine]

straight arm straight fixed bar barbell pullover(lower only to paralell to floor) 4x15
    t- bar row(finally a real fucking t-bar row machine) 5 sets from machine to adding 10lbs each set wide grip... done lee haney style not this 79 degree bullshit so many do
    t-bar.jpg
    db shrugs and face pulls 4 sets each(face pulls pulled high above forehead

toe press on seated leg press atlantis 6 sets worked up in weight.rolled up my sweats and watched my calves during set, they are really coming back up and can see the vein on the inside when flexing and contracting during the set
    Those old school t-bar rows are my favorite back exercise.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast