Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ask Ron Episode 2

Default Ask Ron Episode 2

Spotter

Enjoyed the answers to the questions and in the late 80's when I was a teenager I worked at a golds gym near Toronto and my boss was a IFBB Pro and he saw me working out one day and he yelled out to me Hey Jimbo I didn't know you lifted and everyone in the place heard him and it was pretty devastating for a 16 yr old to hear that from a pro ......just kinda reminded me of the Flex story but the only difference is this guy was really a asshole ! Good to hear Flex isn't a bad guy I've always admired him.

Great episode!! Posted it on Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron,
    Great narrative on the back in the day Venice Golds and World gym.

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Outstanding series Ron!

Thanks, Part 3 should be up tomorrow
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Ron in case I miss part 3 thread my question is How did you develop such a sane approach to your bodybuilding? Who were your personal bb mentors when getting into the game?

Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    Ron in case I miss part 3 thread my question is How did you develop such a sane approach to your bodybuilding? Who were your personal bb mentors when getting into the game?
    Good question!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bostaff View Post
    Enjoyed the answers to the questions and in the late 80's when I was a teenager I worked at a golds gym near Toronto and my boss was a IFBB Pro and he saw me working out one day and he yelled out to me Hey Jimbo I didn't know you lifted and everyone in the place heard him and it was pretty devastating for a 16 yr old to hear that from a pro ......just kinda reminded me of the Flex story but the only difference is this guy was really a asshole ! Good to hear Flex isn't a bad guy I've always admired him.
    What a fucking disrespectful tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostaff View Post
    Even if the guy was an asshole, can you really hold it against the guy for not noticing you lifted? At the age of 16 just how much progress would you have really made? Bit of extra definition, more pronounced veins? I doubt you would have looked much better than a genetically gifted 16 yearold who played sports and had never lifted.

Spotter

There was only 2 Canadians that were active pros at the time and they both worked out at the same golds gym and Steve Brisbois was the complete opposite of this goof and Steve always had advice for the young guys and was a great guy .

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by Donflex View Post
    Even if the guy was an asshole, can you really hold it against the guy for not noticing you lifted? At the age of 16 just how much progress would you have really made? Bit of extra definition, more pronounced veins? I doubt you would have looked much better than a genetically gifted 16 yearold who played sports and had never lifted.
    He knew I lifted !!!! Just wanted to try and embarrass me or somebody and it just happened that I was the only kid in the gym and he prolly figured I wouldn't talk back and all I can say is that some guys are jerks and others like Steve Brisbois who was a pro at the time was great with everyone and was quick to offer advice and another top amateur at the time was in town for a week and he noticed me doing a exercise with bad form and came over and showed me the proper way ! Matt Mendenhall was the guy and that is one of those things you never forget.