Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mormonism

We have a lot to discuss

I'm sending you a message via the email apparatus they have in here

glad your safe brother !!!!!

ps - who taught you that Mormons weren't christians ???? Lol

We are christians !!!

Christ is the center of our religion !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DEADn View Post
    This week has been a very busy week for me thus it has been a week since I posted anything here. Work has been in overdrive and I have been a part of the catalyst in getting the ball rolling. I work for a large supermarket in FL and it has been a chore getting stock back into the stores. I have this weekend off though.

Bantam......you said you are a rebel, a nonconformist. What does that look like for you in your personal life?
    My natural side is more of a loner. I was a nonconformist in my teen years. For me that meant not going on the the fads in life. Not a party person especially when alcohol was involved. I just stayed to myself but that comes with a price. I developed issues in my mind and heart along that way as a teenager that held me into my 20s until I became a believer and that is when things changed in my life.

I like your James reference.

You said something a bit striking and it begins to show a bit of your Mormon teaching.

'Both are Gods" This would be true for Mormon doctrine but you realize this is not true for Christian doctrine? What it says is that there are 2 gods there and isn't it true that in Mormon doctrine there are many gods and you yourself are looking to become a god just as Jesus is? In this 'realm' it becomes very important to make sure we have definitions for these terms.

Do you know that Mormon teaching is very different from Christian teaching?

I do know where you are going with the Genesis and Romans reference regarding 'Man is as God once was'. Do you realize that in that phrase Mormonism is teaching that God was once a man before He became God? Do you agree with that?

My belief about the Holy Ghost?
    I believe that the Holy Ghost aka The Holy Spirit is God and always has been God. I believe the Holy Spirit is a Person and the 3rd Person of the Trinity of God. I believe God is a Triune Being which means 3 Persons but One God.............not 3 persons 3 god's. Even in the OT it was said of the Jew's 'Hear oh Israel the LORD our God is One' I believe the Holy Spirit was a part of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Jesus, the Father and the Holy Spirit raised Jesus body from the dead.

Do I believe in the resurrection of the dead BUT at the same time I don't understand how that is going to work especially for those who are saints and their bodies were cremated. That is a mystery to me how that is going to work.

In Mormonism it is said that the bible is correct so far as it is translated. Would you agree with this? If so how do you determine where the bible is not correctly translated?

I have been working on a blog that gives some story to my life in reference to hurricane Irma coming through here. I have some video and pictures I am putting on it. I am trying to make it into a journey through the storm. At this posting I just have to put the pictures up on the blog before I publish it. Some folks in the city didn't get their power back on for some 5-6 days. Lot's of complaints about the heat. My solution to that is take cold showers. I have a wife who is from the Philippines and they would take 3 baths a day to keep cool. Sponge baths. We are spoiled. We were good for several days if power would have stayed out. I just would have had to take a few more showers to keep cool.

Otherwise I am good. I am awaiting an insurance adjuster at this time. I am not sure if I need a new roof or just some new shingles in areas. The east side of the roof has about 25% shingle damage and it looks a bit rough from the road. The west side had no damage. Otherwise the neighborhoods look like we all have brown shrubs along the roadway. We should all get some bottomless barrels and just burn the stuff vs. waiting for the county to come pick them up.

Iron Addict

Quote Originally Posted by bantamweightchamp2014 View Post
    We have a lot to discuss

I'm sending you a message via the email apparatus they have in here

glad your safe brother !!!!!

ps - who taught you that Mormons weren't christians ???? Lol

We are christians !!!

Christ is the center of our religion !!!!

What do you think is the difference between Christianity and Mormonism?

Iron Addict

Mormonism teaches that the bible is true only so far as it is correctly translated. As a Mormon how would you recognize this about the bible?

Also, lets compare something that is very striking.

Book of Mormon

2 Nephi
    23 For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.

Holy Bible
    Ephesians 2:
    8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Do you see a subtle difference? Which one is correct?

Mormons are Christians

I️ hate that word “ mormonism “

but ill answer your question cuz we have invested time in this

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints difference IS -

We believe in the Bible and the Book of Mormon

and - We clarify The meaning of Jesus Christ’s mission and the Holy Ghost

Whereas “ Christianity “ in general is incredibly vague with specifics

What do you think is the difference between Christianity and Mormonism?

Muscle Head

This week has been a very busy week for me thus it has been a week since I posted anything here. Work has been in overdrive and I have been a part of the catalyst in getting the ball rolling. I work for a large supermarket in FL and it has been a chore getting stock back into the stores. I have this weekend off though.

Bantam......you said you are a rebel, a nonconformist. What does that look like for you in your personal life?
    My natural side is more of a loner. I was a nonconformist in my teen years. For me that meant not going on the the fads in life. Not a party person especially when alcohol was involved. I just stayed to myself but that comes with a price. I developed issues in my mind and heart along that way as a teenager that held me into my 20s until I became a believer and that is when things changed in my life.

I like your James reference.

You said something a bit striking and it begins to show a bit of your Mormon teaching.

'Both are Gods" This would be true for Mormon doctrine but you realize this is not true for Christian doctrine? What it says is that there are 2 gods there and isn't it true that in Mormon doctrine there are many gods and you yourself are looking to become a god just as Jesus is? In this 'realm' it becomes very important to make sure we have definitions for these terms.

Do you know that Mormon teaching is very different from Christian teaching?

I do know where you are going with the Genesis and Romans reference regarding 'Man is as God once was'. Do you realize that in that phrase Mormonism is teaching that God was once a man before He became God? Do you agree with that?

My belief about the Holy Ghost?
    I believe that the Holy Ghost aka The Holy Spirit is God and always has been God. I believe the Holy Spirit is a Person and the 3rd Person of the Trinity of God. I believe God is a Triune Being which means 3 Persons but One God.............not 3 persons 3 god's. Even in the OT it was said of the Jew's 'Hear oh Israel the LORD our God is One' I believe the Holy Spirit was a part of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Jesus, the Father and the Holy Spirit raised Jesus body from the dead.

Do I believe in the resurrection of the dead BUT at the same time I don't understand how that is going to work especially for those who are saints and their bodies were cremated. That is a mystery to me how that is going to work.

In Mormonism it is said that the bible is correct so far as it is translated. Would you agree with this? If so how do you determine where the bible is not correctly translated?

I have been working on a blog that gives some story to my life in reference to hurricane Irma coming through here. I have some video and pictures I am putting on it. I am trying to make it into a journey through the storm. At this posting I just have to put the pictures up on the blog before I publish it. Some folks in the city didn't get their power back on for some 5-6 days. Lot's of complaints about the heat. My solution to that is take cold showers. I have a wife who is from the Philippines and they would take 3 baths a day to keep cool. Sponge baths. We are spoiled. We were good for several days if power would have stayed out. I just would have had to take a few more showers to keep cool.

Otherwise I am good. I am awaiting an insurance adjuster at this time. I am not sure if I need a new roof or just some new shingles in areas. The east side of the roof has about 25% shingle damage and it looks a bit rough from the road. The west side had no damage. Otherwise the neighborhoods look like we all have brown shrubs along the roadway. We should all get some bottomless barrels and just burn the stuff vs. waiting for the county to come pick them up.
    Thank you, please pray for me as you are in church.
    I had severe pain in my joint.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12