Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Dorian I Know - Reflections On the 6-Time Mr. Olympia | Mr. Olympia 2017

Default The Dorian I Know - Reflections On the 6-Time Mr. Olympia | Mr. Olympia 2017

“There’s no such thing as instinctive training. If you followed your instincts, you wouldn’t think of getting under a 500-pound squat bar … you’d go down to the pub, have a couple of beers and start chasing women.”

IT should be the biggest bullshit in history.
    "In the future, my name anger attached to greatness. I am dynamite."

dorian_fls.jpg

Taken last night. Best front last spread of all time. Dorian's is decent too.

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

I enjoy the post bodybuilding Dorian and getting to know him as a person on the great London Real interviews. I will never forget those Freaky black and white pictures of Dorian in Flex Magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    I enjoy the post bodybuilding Dorian and getting to know him as a person on the great London Real interviews. I will never forget those Freaky black and white pictures of Dorian in Flex Magazine.
    Kevin Horton shots they were mate.

Kevin has told me the story several times about taking those. Dorian sprang it on him and said "lets take these shots now Kevin"....Kevin had literally no time to set up the lighting and only used ONE single light. Kev actually said he hates those shots, from a photographic point of view he just doesn't like them.

Needed time to set up better lighting, aperture etc.

Ironically they became his most famous EVER photos in bodybuilding. Go figure.
    The Tiger and Rascal Show Episode TWO- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YRSS_1fWpA

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    Kevin Horton shots they were mate.

Kevin has told me the story several times about taking those. Dorian sprang it on him and said "lets take these shots now Kevin"....Kevin had literally no time to set up the lighting and only used ONE single light. Kev actually said he hates those shots, from a photographic point of view he just doesn't like them.

Needed time to set up better lighting, aperture etc.

Ironically they became his most famous EVER photos in bodybuilding. Go figure.
    Hearing that about the famous Dorian shots, I feel like there is a great aphorism buried somewhere in here, that helps to distinguish the current instafamous era (that many of us dislike), with the more traditional "classical era" of bodybuilding-

Perhaps something like:

You can filter a turd with the greatest filters on the earth, but end of the day, it's still a turd. Meanwhile, you can take a truly unique specimen, put him in the worst lighting imagineable, in a pair of socks, with no planning- and if it's Dorian Yates, well, it's still Dorian Yates. Leave your filters at home.

-lifepulse