Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ronline Report Episode 46 - Lee Labrada | Mr. Olympia 2017

Default The Ronline Report Episode 46 - Lee Labrada | Mr. Olympia 2017

Just watched the entire interview.
    Has to be the best Ron-line show overall.
    1. Lee is a true legend of the sport and very intelligent gentleman.

2. He articulated the view points and opinions on what pro bodybuilding should be about.
    I agreed with him on most of it and feel his status lends credibility to those views.

3. Ron did a good job leading him in/out of interesting topics most wanted to hear.
    * Sadly, Ron's back drop was lacking and his wife should go shopping for some new curtains LOL.

That's the kind of legend and show the Ron-line needs to be whenever possible.
    Good job Ron!
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Little Guy

I loved this interview. Lee Labrada is the real deal. I have been a fan of his since 1985. In fact, I adopted his style of training back then and still use it today at age 48. Lee is straight-up genuine, an awesome bodybuilder and just a great, humble human being.
    BTW- Lee, since you were born March 8th, 1959, you're 58 and not 57 as you state in the interview... hahaha.

great interview.. what a mustache back in the 80's this guy had.. always delivered epic posing also

Outstanding interview Ron! Lee looks great for his age. Looks very healthy and of course is still pretty jacked.

I met him in 2012 at the hotel for the Dallas Europa.

Introduced himself saying "Hi, I'm Lee Labrada, nice to meet you". I liked that, shows zero ego. Didn't just assume I knew who he was. Classy.

And Lee's posing routine at the 1991 Mr Olympia....

Greatest EVER posing routine? Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    And Lee's posing routine at the 1991 Mr Olympia....

Greatest EVER posing routine? Discuss.
    His epic rotating archers pose was breath taking to see performed on stage.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Spotter

I have nothing but the up most respect for Lee and always put him at the top of my list as one of the most classy, professional, successful pros ever!! He seems to be a genuine nice guy that is a great ambassador to the sport and some one for younger guys starting the sport to look up to and follow in his foot steps!! He continues the bodybuilding life style and still looks incredible!!

With that said... is it me or does it seem like the smaller guys always have a problem with mass or the bigger guys?? I thought that was what bodybuilding is all about, MUSCLE?? I know about being balance, symmetry. proportions, condition and all but it seems that when one gets to big there not good enough any more to win or place high in a show and its all about being pretty!! BOOOODDDDYYBUUUUIIILLLLDDDIINNG!! Am I missing something here?? Is that not why we now have the "physique" class?? Can we "bodybuilders" now have our platform of building muscle to the extreme to where we want and I thought that is what is was always about?? SIZE!!! I don't know it was called "pretty physiques" or "asthenic body or bodybuilding" or mr great proportions? NO! bodybuilding!! Glad they started the physique class for the people like Lee who never seem to appreciate an athlete that has huge amount of muscle that also takes a lot of work to achieve! I never hear a bigger guy put down a smaller guy with good lines but Smaller guys seem to always put down bigger guys with size. If you have a pretty physique or nice lines good for you, now build that muscle to the max!! This is bodybuilding!!! Ill say it again, as I started lifting back in the 70's it was pretty much about who was the biggest and NOT the prettiest with of course with in reason of balance and more but was about MUSCLE or MUSCEL SIZE!! I didn't like the sport because something was or was not achievable but because of muscle size and how the guys looked. Being achievable was a whole new story.

How about we start a class called "mass monsters" so we don't hear people any more complain, oh he is to big!! WOW!!!

With all due respect to Lee but how does Phil beat Ramy in the front lat spread??! Come on!! That is like his worst pose! If you wanna knock his calves what about Phils close clavicles, huge arms and terrible abs that make that pose for him look terrible and in many ways that so many say so also!! Guess that's ok huh??!!

Ill end it there!

Good interview Ron!! You seem to be a humble person enjoying interviewing all these guys!

Quote Originally Posted by mllginny View Post
    With that said... is it me or does it seem like the smaller guys always have a problem with mass or the bigger guys?? I thought that was what bodybuilding is all about, MUSCLE??

It seems to be the nature of these guys, they will defend their era as the best, and of course, they will support bodybuilders who look similar to them. Arnold has done the same thing by praising Cedric over and over again.

With all due respect to Lee but how does Phil beat Ramy in the front lat spread??! Come on!! That is like his worst pose! If you wanna knock his calves what about Phils close clavicles, huge arms and terrible abs that make that pose for him look terrible and in many ways that so many say so also!! Guess that's ok huh??!!
    Looks like Lee is full of shit.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

^^And they banned a.j. who never spoke bad about the greats, only promoted the sport, and it's champions, yet this Spaniard hijueputa that trains in a basement in his house gets to call the great Lee Labrada full of shit on MD boards.

Abu Dhabi, time out for this ass hat please..
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

In the quote part, he is full of shit. But obviously, he's not as Heath, Phil Visicaro or Carla.

Lee is one of my idols in the sport, best poser ever and a great guy.

Now, stop your crying, fucking kid.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Quote Originally Posted by dave415 View Post
    ^^And they banned a.j. who never spoke bad about the greats, only promoted the sport, and it's champions, yet this Spaniard hijueputa that trains in a basement in his house gets to call the great Lee Labrada full of shit on MD boards.

Abu Dhabi, time out for this ass hat please..
    At least he adds value to the forum while the only thing you do is rage . Btw is that your avi on grinder too?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A3003 met Tapatalk

Thanks Ron, this is definitely my favorite one to date....sorry BMC, yours was still better than most of the others. I like why he said he still trains. I see it as there's 2 different types of bodybuilders. Those who train because they love to be a bodybuilder and those who are a bodybuilder, because they love to train. Thanks Lee for agreeing to this interview.
    I stop me....no one else does.

I have nothing but the up most respect for Lee and always put him at the top of my list as one of the most classy, professional, successful pros ever!! He seems to be a genuine nice guy that is a great ambassador to the sport and some one for younger guys starting the sport to look up to and follow in his foot steps!! He continues the bodybuilding life style and still looks incredible!!

With that said... is it me or does it seem like the smaller guys always have a problem with mass or the bigger guys?? I thought that was what bodybuilding is all about, MUSCLE?? I know about being balance, symmetry. proportions, condition and all but it seems that when one gets to big there not good enough any more to win or place high in a show and its all about being pretty!! BOOOODDDDYYBUUUUIIILLLLDDDIINNG!! Am I missing something here?? Is that not why we now have the "physique" class?? Can we "bodybuilders" now have our platform of building muscle to the extreme to where we want and I thought that is what is was always about?? SIZE!!! I don't know it was called "pretty physiques" or "asthenic body or bodybuilding" or mr great proportions? NO! bodybuilding!! Glad they started the physique class for the people like Lee who never seem to appreciate an athlete that has huge amount of muscle that also takes a lot of work to achieve! I never hear a bigger guy put down a smaller guy with good lines but Smaller guys seem to always put down bigger guys with size. If you have a pretty physique or nice lines good for you, now build that muscle to the max!! This is bodybuilding!!! Ill say it again, as I started lifting back in the 70's it was pretty much about who was the biggest and NOT the prettiest with of course with in reason of balance and more but was about MUSCLE or MUSCEL SIZE!! I didn't like the sport because something was or was not achievable but because of muscle size and how the guys looked. Being achievable was a whole new story.

How about we start a class called "mass monsters" so we don't hear people any more complain, oh he is to big!! WOW!!!

Ill end it there!

Good interview Ron!! You seem to be a humble person enjoying interviewing all these guys!
    The Open class pretty much is the "mass monsters" class now.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Ill end it there!

With all due respect, you are missing something. Bodybuilding has never been all about size. It's the combination of size, shape, symmetry and definition. Before the '90's, when the bodybuilders went into super size mode, the judges and fans respected and rewarded the bodybuilders who had all those aspects to their physique. It should never be different categories of "pretty physiques" and "mass monster physiques". Bodybuilders like Arnold, Sergio, Lee Haney and Robby Robinson were all massive bodybuilders who also had great shape and symmetry to their physiques. When you start ruining the lines and natural symmetry of your physique by adding too much size, you ruin the look of your body. Size shouldn't be more important than all those other aspects of bodybuilding. At least it shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by moycon123 View Post
    I loved this interview. Lee Labrada is the real deal. I have been a fan of his since 1985. In fact, I adopted his style of training back then and still use it today at age 48. Lee is straight-up genuine, an awesome bodybuilder and just a great, humble human being.
    BTW- Lee, since you were born March 8th, 1959, you're 58 and not 57 as you state in the interview... hahaha.
    I believe that Lee was born in 1960, not 1959.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast