Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Phil Viz will do the NPC Nationals!

Quote Originally Posted by bigoso View Post
    Phil alludes to one of his undiagnosed GI issues being colitis. If he is referring to ulcerative colitis lots of veggies could certainly irritate and distend his midsection. I have UC and that is the case with me
    And you can still eat the immense amounts of food needed to get its size without problems?
    "In the future, my name anger attached to greatness. I am dynamite."

I knew Phil was goin' to do NATS '17
    MY KING OF KINGS

So dude has some sorta digestive issue that he would know vegetables aggravate, proceeds to eat copious amounts of them. The Viz is most wise.
    In the sea of heavy metal, you are plankton.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    Thanks for letting us know. If that was the case is there any viable alternative other than quitting veggies altogether?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
    UC is largely about finding what foods aggravate you personally. There are some that are universal but others vary lots from one individual to the next. First is getting the UC under control as well. There are some with UC that can eat whatever without issue. For example this last prep I found that I do just fine with cauliflower. I ate tons of that riced cauliflower. Broccoli is a big no no for me though

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    And you can still eat the immense amounts of food needed to get its size without problems?
    Last few years (knock on wood) my UC has been under good control so eating my meals hasn't been an issue. That being said for a guy my size I really don't have to eat much....or at least as much as folks would expect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

UC is largely about finding what foods aggravate you personally. There are some that are universal but others vary lots from one individual to the next. First is getting the UC under control as well. There are some with UC that can eat whatever without issue. For example this last prep I found that I do just fine with cauliflower. I ate tons of that riced cauliflower. Broccoli is a big no no for me though

Last few years (knock on wood) my UC has been under good control so eating my meals hasn't been an issue. That being said for a guy my size I really don't have to eat much....or at least as much as folks would expect

I have actually heard that it doesn't take as much to maintain or add once a certain size.. Meadows told me that a few years back. What do you think your off season daily cal intake is?

Quote Originally Posted by Bully God View Post
    I have actually heard that it doesn't take as much to maintain or add once a certain size.. Meadows told me that a few years back. What do you think your off season daily cal intake is?
    Hard to say as I always get too fat in the offseason....lol. For me it takes pretty diligent attention to my diet and consistency with cardio to stay under 300lbs. About 3500 cals with a decent amount of cardio I would say keeps me in pretty good shape. 270-280 is a good offseason weight for me.

I think part is definitely that it doesn't take as much to maintain once there but I also think it's greatly individual genetics. I was a fat kid. My cals and carbs have to come low low to get in shape with high cardio

Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

My cals and carbs have to come low low to get in shape with high cardio
    How much cardio?

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    How much cardio?
    This year I started 10 1 hour cardio sessions per week at 6 weeks out I believe

This year I started 10 1 hour cardio sessions per week at 6 weeks out I believe
    Wow, that's pretty cardio.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123