Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Arnold Schwarzenegger: The Mr. Olympia Wins | Mr. Olympia 2017

Default Arnold Schwarzenegger: The Mr. Olympia Wins | Mr. Olympia 2017

Little Guy

Nice profile of the 7 wins by Arnold. I was in attendance in 1970 and believe that this was the contest where Arnold tricked Sergio into walking off. Also, unless I am mistaken, I don't believe that Serge Nubret competed in the 1974 Mr Olympia. As for 1972 in Essen, I had Sergio as the clear winner. I was in the audience for the first 6 Mr Olympia contests.. Nice memories. Thank you a fine article on the King, "The Austrian Oak"

Quote Originally Posted by tomavi View Post
    Nice profile of the 7 wins by Arnold. I was in attendance in 1970 and believe that this was the contest where Arnold tricked Sergio into walking off. Also, unless I am mistaken, I don't believe that Serge Nubret competed in the 1974 Mr Olympia. As for 1972 in Essen, I had Sergio as the clear winner. I was in the audience for the first 6 Mr Olympia contests.. Nice memories. Thank you a fine article on the King, "The Austrian Oak"
    You're right. 1970 was the year that Arnold tricked Sergio into walking off the stage. Also, there were only 4 competitors in the 1974 Mr. Olympia. Zane and Franco in the Under 200 Pound category and Arnold and Lou in the Over 200 Pound Class. In the 1972 Mr. Olympia, Arnold scored a total of 11 points with 5 first place votes, Sergio scored a total of 15 points with only one first place vote and Serge Nubret scored a total of 17 points with 2 first place votes.

Quote Originally Posted by tomavi View Post
    I was in attendance in 1970 and believe that this was the contest where Arnold tricked Sergio into walking off
    Yup. In fact, that moment can be seen on GMV's DVD, Arnold: The Early Years.

Arnold could have won at least 5-6 more Olympias !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bantamweightchamp2014 View Post
    Arnold could have won at least 5-6 more Olympias !!!
    Agreed. I believe he could've at least won it more in '76, '77, '78 and '79 for him to come back and win it in 1980!