Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phil Heath 2009 vs 2017 6 & 7 weeks out (Enhanced)

Bow down to the king baybeeee.

In the sea of heavy metal, you are plankton.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeKindofMonster View Post
    There was a big change between 2011 & 2012. His face & kneck looked bloated plus I
    noticed the stomach but not many made a big deal out of it. I noticed it right at the beginning
    of his posing routine. It was very obvious. From 2012, probably the day of the night show I
    made these. Saying this, He was pretty awesome in 2013. His 2nd best Olympia. He was
    actually massively round and really dialed in except his midsection was never like 2011 again.

People over look 2013 for some reason his midsection had grown but it was like a 2003 Ronnie he came in huge and round with dry conditioning. 2016 he looked good but his flow was way off compared to earlier years. I think Phil is regressing in some areas but gaining in others he probably looked better in his earlier years but is a better modern bber now.

Quote Originally Posted by Womanthrower View Post

I know you're very smart, and funny, and don't agree with the "Phil sucks" assessments. But I'm not sure if posting this pic of Dorian is supposed to be buttressing that-- or proving exactly why we all thing your "Phil doesn't suck" assessments are slightly nuts.

See how in Vin's pic of Heath hitting a front double, Heath looks like a shriveled turd, with legs posed overly wide to try to make his legs look bigger than they (which is completely unnecessary, even counterproductive, given that his quad sweep is now literally wider than his shoulder, making what can perhaps be described as a reverse-taper, heretofore unseen in the bodybuilding world, except perhaps with others knocked in the past for their lackluster symmetry, such as Platz and Branch Warren)--- with crunching down on his abs to hide his overblown gut, but in the process, taking away any semblance of lats and width he may have ever had (when it wasn't great to begin with)-- a chest that is starting to look like sagging implants on an old woman--

...while the criticism of Dorian in this picture is what, exactly? A torn biceps? Check. Waistline isn't the smallest we've ever seen? Still far smaller than Heath's, with far better taper (hurts when the man known for "ruining the direction of bodybuilding because he was too blocky", is now an aesthetic god compared to the current champ).

Yeah, Heath has some strong points. So long as we can avoid ALL poses from the front. Maybe next, we can just judge them with the lights off, then your point will REALLY carry some weight.

Not worth debating, I'm out-- I have to go watch yet another travesty of a bodybuilding competition this weekend, then spend the next 364 days trying to wrap my brain around the many reasons why the "sport is dying".

Keep fighting the good fight-- the industry is doing great for it, and future generations will 100% understand why Heath got support. Yup.

-lifepulse

Quote Originally Posted by lifepulse View Post
    I know you're very smart, and funny, and don't agree with the "Phil sucks" assessments. But I'm not sure if posting this pic of Dorian is supposed to be buttressing that-- or proving exactly why we all thing your "Phil doesn't suck" assessments are slightly nuts.

See how in Vin's pic of Heath hitting a front double, Heath looks like a shriveled turd, with legs posed overly wide to try to make his legs look bigger than they (which is completely unnecessary, even counterproductive, given that his quad sweep is now literally wider than his shoulder, making what can perhaps be described as a reverse-taper, heretofore unseen in the bodybuilding world, except perhaps with others knocked in the past for their lackluster symmetry, such as Platz and Branch Warren)--- with crunching down on his abs to hide his overblown gut, but in the process, taking away any semblance of lats and width he may have ever had (when it wasn't great to begin with)-- a chest that is starting to look like sagging implants on an old woman--

...while the criticism of Dorian in this picture is what, exactly? A torn biceps? Check. Waistline isn't the smallest we've ever seen? Still far smaller than Heath's, with far better taper (hurts when the man known for "ruining the direction of bodybuilding because he was too blocky", is now an aesthetic god compared to the current champ).

Yeah, Heath has some strong points. So long as we can avoid ALL poses from the front. Maybe next, we can just judge them with the lights off, then your point will REALLY carry some weight.

Not worth debating, I'm out-- I have to go watch yet another travesty of a bodybuilding competition this weekend, then spend the next 364 days trying to wrap my brain around the many reasons why the "sport is dying".

Keep fighting the good fight-- the industry is doing great for it, and future generations will 100% understand why Heath got support. Yup.

-lifepulse
    You're being a bit favorable of Dorian's midsection there. It's definitely bigger than Heaths, and just purely on its own merits, it looks bigger than both his legs combined. If there were bodybuilding commandments one of the first would be don't let your waist look bigger than both your legs.

vis a vis Phil sucks, from one perspective I agree. Other than a couple of Ronnies wins that are just too amazing for me to ever discredit, I think overall every Mr Olympia from Dorian on has "sucked." Yates overall legacy is being a bloated toad that brought on the size queens. Jay Cutler while he was winning was a swimming pool/block of butter/fridge. Dexters win was great but he looks like a ninja turtle so who cares. Phil Heath is narrow and scrunchy after his first few wins and now aesthetically looks like dried dog turds from the front. The last time there was a Mr Olympia where throughout his entire reign you could truly look at the physique they brought to the stage and think, "now this.. this is bodybuilding," was Lee Haney.

As far as the criteria that wins bodybuilding shows? Phil's one of the best ever. All the crying in the world about him looking bloofy and scrunched and not what bodybuilding is about isn't going to change that. When it comes to the fanboys that say the same things over and over in every thread about Heath, why not stir the pot?

So once Hea7h wins his 7th sandow, is he considered to be greater than Dorian?

Quote Originally Posted by Bully God View Post
    So once Hea7h wins his 7th sandow, is he considered to be greater than Dorian?
    Never

I've always wanted to see myself as Jay, Priest or Flex. Dorian, Ronnie, Kevin or Haney would not be bad options either.

I have never had Heath on that list of BB, regardless of whether massive or aesthetic, or whether have won MO or not.
    "In the future, my name anger attached to greatness. I am dynamite."

Quote Originally Posted by Womanthrower View Post
    You're being a bit favorable of Dorian's midsection there. It's definitely bigger than Heaths, and just purely on its own merits, it looks bigger than both his legs combined. If there were bodybuilding commandments one of the first would be don't let your waist look bigger than both your legs.

vis a vis Phil sucks, from one perspective I agree. Other than a couple of Ronnies wins that are just too amazing for me to ever discredit, I think overall every Mr Olympia from Dorian on has "sucked." Yates overall legacy is being a bloated toad that brought on the size queens. Jay Cutler while he was winning was a swimming pool/block of butter/fridge. Dexters win was great but he looks like a ninja turtle so who cares. Phil Heath is narrow and scrunchy after his first few wins and now aesthetically looks like dried dog turds from the front. The last time there was a Mr Olympia where throughout his entire reign you could truly look at the physique they brought to the stage and think, "now this.. this is bodybuilding," was Lee Haney.

As far as the criteria that wins bodybuilding shows? Phil's one of the best ever. All the crying in the world about him looking bloofy and scrunched and not what bodybuilding is about isn't going to change that. When it comes to the fanboys that say the same things over and over in every thread about Heath, why not stir the pot?
    Great post overall, even if I disagree with some of the specifics, very concise analysis. Though, I think Arnold's waist may have been bigger than both of his legs, lol.

-lifepulse

Quote Originally Posted by lifepulse View Post
    Great post overall, even if I disagree with some of the specifics, very concise analysis. Though, I think Arnold's waist may have been bigger than both of his legs, lol.

-lifepulse
    Arnold's only flaw is that he's too perfect.

I know most people say 2011 Phil was his best. He had great conditioning, but I actually prefer his 2013 look to be his best. He had close to the same conditioning as 2011, but he was also bigger and fuller/rounder than 2011.

It's the same thing with Ronnie 1998 and 1999. Similar conditioning, but he was bigger and fuller/rounder than 1998. I prefer that look.

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (21.3 KB, 28 views)
    1000's OF PICS OF YOUR FAVORITE BODYBUILDERS!!! http://www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vin77 View Post
    I'm sure he is working with what he has done and what has won for him the last few years but I agree with above, not on the level as past legends imho and that stomach isn't going anywhere. It will be hard come game day but distended. He blew his gut out trying to get really big. He should have stuck to his streamlined 2011 physique and he would be a legend had he brought that similar look the past 5 years.

I still can't believe that 2014 photo isn't shopped. God he looks so weird in it. Even the crooked 2016 FDB looks better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12