Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Bubble Gut Phenomenon | Will Bodybuilders Require Maternity Leave?

Default The Bubble Gut Phenomenon | Will Bodybuilders Require Maternity Leave?

Omg! Rotfl (Maternity Leave)!

Anyway, things are really going South recent years and Arnold already voiced his disgust about it.
    With the Weider brothers out of the way I think things will get even more out of hand.
    I hope that the AC will keep other standards and guide us back to what BB is suppose to be.
    Last edited by Squat Junkie; September 21st, 2017 at 11:47 AM.
    A forum without humor is like a gym without Iron.

Snowflake feeding time.
    Confirm what I already know

Np.
    All these 'freaks' can drop mass to a point that their frames allow without having 'bubble guts'.
    Say Heath can drop to below 230 on stage.
    Then we can see a 'Smaller Freaks Phenomenon] Do Freaks need to get larger?' report.

Preach!

I agree with lui on the bubble gut -- should be like a 'red card' in soccer. You have a bubble gut, you're DQ'ed instantly.

I don't see any reason why the men's open guys shouldn't basically be bigger, blown-up versions of the CPD guys. This would also ensure the guy who wins has a physique that flows, rather than just a 'collection of body parts,' like Heath.

Way to try to cash in on the bubble gut bonanza MD.
    In the sea of heavy metal, you are plankton.

I'm getting so tired of hearing about this bubble gut nonsense. It just doesn't make sense to me why people care so much about it. Instant disqualification, really? To me it's just another body part. Obviously it doesn't look good but every bodybuilder has flaws. I can't understand why having one flaw is so offensive and should lead to someone being disqualified. The other problem is that what constitutes a "bubble gut" is arbitrary. Unless they break out the measuring tape on stage, where do you draw the line? And if there is no clear line, how do the judges decide who to disqualify? Sounds like an opportunity to put more bias into the judging. If you don't like someone, just accuse them of having a bubble gut.

It's clear to me that this whole thing resulted from Luimarco's personal grudge against Phil Heath. If it weren't for Lui, nobody would notice or talk about the gut and nobody would give Phil any trouble for winning. But when a popular and charismatic personality starts some meme, all the fan kiddies who can't think for themselves go along with it and start a shitstorm. His influence on the community has been very negative and created way too much drama. I lost respect for him after he started the Regan Grimes vs. Michael Lockett drama but this just takes it to an even worse level.

Quote Originally Posted by darn door View Post
    It's clear to me that this whole thing resulted from Luimarco's personal grudge against Phil Heath. If it weren't for Lui, nobody would notice or talk about the gut and nobody would give Phil any trouble for winning. But when a popular and charismatic personality starts some meme, all the fan kiddies who can't think for themselves go along with it and start a shitstorm. His influence on the community has been very negative and created way too much drama. I lost respect for him after he started the Regan Grimes vs. Michael Lockett drama but this just takes it to an even worse level.
    This is ridiculous, complaints about stomachs have been in bodybuilding for more than a decade. Ronnie was severely criticized for that but had a pass for his huge size, Heath did not.

Luimarco has nothing to do with all this.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Quote Originally Posted by Womanthrower View Post
    Way to try to cash in on the bubble gut bonanza MD.
    It's an issue no? Ofcourse they will whrite about something that the whole damn fanbase and icons are speaking up about. It's a MEDIA OUTLET!

Nopresspassening!

IT IS ATROCIOUS TO SEE THE TOP BODYBUILDERS IN THE WORLD WITH THESE BUBBLE GUTS

I DON'T CARE HOW GOOD YOUR BACK DOUBLE BICEPS IS OR IF YOUR ARMS ARE HUGE, IF YOU HAVE A GUT THAT LOOKS LIKE AN ALIEN IS COMING OUT OF YOUR BODY, IT IS OVER IN TERMS OF BODYBUILDING.

WELCOME TO THE BUBBLE GUT ERA OF BODYBUILDING

Guys,
    Mass Monsters at all costs is driving this.
    These guys are carrying too much mass for their frames.
    The result is a 'bubble gut'.

How many of you guys would support an open lineup weight limit of everyone weighing under 250 if it meant they had no 'bubble guts' showing?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyswede View Post
    It's an issue no? Of course they will write about something that a bunch of snowflakes are crying about. It's a MEDIA OUTLET!
    fixed.

Guys.
    Don't edit each others posts outside of the pit.

it disgusts me.

heath is everything BB should NOT be.

and they keep rewarding this crap.

i'm done being a fan.

done being proud of the mass i gathered.

heath 7 times mr o is an abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhí O'Buadain View Post
    Guys.
    Don't edit each others posts outside of the pit.
    Why? it's been going on for aeons, and the content of the post could still be delivered regardless. It's not like it's the same thing as a mod editing someones actual post.

Quote Originally Posted by Womanthrower View Post
    Why? it's been going on for aeons, and the content of the post could still be delivered regardless. It's not like it's the same thing as a mod editing someones actual post.
    'Cause libel sucks, even when it's just funny stuff on a message board? There's enough dumb in this world (and on this board) already as it is. Being one of the smartest dudes here, why not pull some of that stupid up a notch with your insightful posts (I'm serious here), rather then making dumb even dumber yet for personal amusement?

Or you can play the game. That's what Trump did- capitalized on all of the dumb, and the stupid games that the dumb play- worked great for all of us, eh?

-lifepulse

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast