Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ask Ron Episode 8

Default Ask Ron Episode 8

Good Ask Ron episode.
    Ron,
    I liked your reflection on your bodybuilding history and your comments on what it takes to be a bodybuilder.

Thanks Daibhi!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Thanks Daibhi!
    some more questions to add to your list if you want.

1. do you think posing should Count not just at the Arnold but every pro Show?

2. how should obvious SEO/lumps and guts be punished? by Points or DQ?

3. do you think a good Version of Kai could have beaten Phil this year?

4. will we get a ronline with evan in the future? you dont have to answer that on the Show.

Thanks, all good ones

MD Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

ron, in your next one could you describe how you ate when you were last competing to today when you are not anymore(or at least till the next time)

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Hungwell View Post
    ron, in your next one could you describe how you ate when you were last competing to today when you are not anymore(or at least till the next time)
    Absolutely.

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Hey Ron I found Jose's insights into how some Top pro bodybuilders do not put in the work in the gym or diet. Is this a new trend? as most of the 90s guys came in peeled and most seemed to be hard working. Your thoughts on this?

I was gonna ask you this in the thread you posted this in, but if you prefer you can give a more in depth answer on your show.

I find that when people are big fans of certain bb's, they tend to totally ignore any flaws that athlete may have and harp on his strong points.
    What aspects of Joses physique are holding him back from being the clear number 2 in the world and what would he need to add to his physique to beat Flex?

Similarly what aspects of Evans physique held him back from being a top 6 Olympia guy?

With Jose, it is only his God-given structure and shape that have made it so hard to beat Flex. Jose has superior muscle mass and is often in better condition than Flex, but Flex has 'prettier' shape and smaller joints, more narrow waist, etc, which give him more of a natural V taper.

You could almost say the same for Evan. Others have smaller joints and rounder muscle bellies, whereas Evan's muscles have more of a 'square' look.

Genetics rule this sport.

All that being said, I am not convinced at all that Ashkanani has a better physique than Jose. His strong point is those very wide clavicles, which make poses like front relaxed, front lat spread, and rear lat spread visually arresting. Jose's legs are clearly much better than his.

All that being said, I am not convinced at all that Ashkanani has a better physique than Jose. His strong point is those very wide clavicles, which make poses like front relaxed, front lat spread, and rear lat spread visually arresting. Jose's legs are clearly much better than his.
    With Eduardo out and DH getting older, its been good to have some newer guys making an impact. But are Joses legs better than Ahmads or is it just his quads

I do think Jose has a better taper in the FLS than Flex, plus he can pull a vaccum (they really need to start rewarding guys who can do that)but I thought his leg mass was down from a couple of years ago, or maybe just not as much pop..

With Evan I thought he has a great structure. His main problem was his quads. Diet to get that grainy hard look and they shrink. Stay fuller and to keep quads from shrinking and he'd look off.

Ahmad’s hams are fine, it’s his quads I don’t like.

MD Online Editor