Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 'Grainy' Look - How Did I Get It? Genetics, Condition, Blood and Guts Training

Default The 'Grainy' Look - How Did I Get It? Genetics, Condition, Blood and Guts Training

Great article.
    A critical article point.

Has Insulin Negatively Affected Condition?

There is no doubt in my mind that the widespread use of insulin all the way up until the contests to ensure maximum fullness of the muscles has been a major contributing factor to the loss of sharpness and detail. Insulin was never part of my pre-contest regimen. I did try it in my off-season preceding my final Mr. Olympia win in 1997, but I now advise against use of it at any time. Contrary to popular belief, I don’t believe it leads to any increased quality muscle gain, only water/glycogen retention. This provides an instant gratification in terms of increased bodyweight, but in my estimation it has also been preventing many of the current pros from achieving the crisp condition they would otherwise be capable of.

It's definitely genetic. Usually grainy guys don't have the best muscle separation of guys like Shawn Ray, Levrone, Cormier etc...Branch, Dorian, Jose have more dense granite looking physiques but not great separation. Of course some people have combinations of both like Dexter

Forum Leader: No Bull Sports, MD Pets! paradox's Avatar

I have major issues with insulin use by people who don't need it. I've seen first hand the effects of people 1-miscalculating insulin dosage 2-taking the wrong insulin most occurring prior to going to bed ( patient takes a short acting insulin, because they ran out of long lasting) 3- or missing the medication all together. I wont advice people about drug usage, however when it comes to , Insulin educate yourself about what your taking, and HAVE GLUCAGON SHOTS AVAILABLE, ALONG SIDE A SIMPLE SUGAR READY AND ON YOU.

Please note, below is simply a very elementary physiological explanation as to why or oral works faster than injection glucose. DO NOT USE this information to make any medical decision without consulting your primary care physician.

Ideally you'd want to use oral glucose, however in some instances, the patient will be out cold, so your going to have to go with Glucagon right away and start the IV. I've seen families try to prop the person up and shove liquid down their mouth with then passed out. further complicating matters cause we have their entire entire thoracic cavity drenched in juice and hypoglycemic patient.

Oral glucose will work faster than an IV form, despite the fact that you may think that injection is faster cause Gastric inhibitory peptide ( GIP) is released by the presence of fat, carbo and protein in the gastro tract. GIP is a strong simulator of insulin release and is responsible for the release of larger and faster loads of glucose then if you were to take an equivalent dosage injection.

Screenshot (23).jpgScreenshot (22).jpg
    "#KillingShitz #HaterRepz"

I can see why insulin is so popular. It's cheap, easy to get, and the main 'selling point' is a fuller, rounder look. But yes, very easy to f up and do real damage or even kill yourself. Not to mention, what are the long-term effects of heavy insulin use by those who don't need it?
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

The diabetics who need more insulin have a lower life expectancy.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

I'm diabetic and I detest taking insulin, but I kind of have to unfortunately.

Insulin is for the lazy, dumb coaches who want to be able to say "look, this guy since working with me and my amazing secret methods has put on 25 pounds!"

FUCK....OFF. That is all.
    MD Muscle News Weekly Ep. 29- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfFHUMbUHI8

Forum Leader: No Bull Sports, MD Pets! paradox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    I'm diabetic and I detest taking insulin, but I kind of have to unfortunately.

Insulin is for the lazy, dumb coaches who want to be able to say "look, this guy since working with me and my amazing secret methods has put on 25 pounds!"

FUCK....OFF. That is all.
    Wise words from an experiance man.

Any young person reading this, LISTEN TO THIS MAN. you don't have to take my word, but again I'm going to reiterate that as a medical professional, insulin will KILL YOU faster than most dangerous toxins and even snake venom.

Look up Ronnie coleman talking about how he had a very close calls with insulin.
    "#KillingShitz #HaterRepz"

Quote Originally Posted by paradox View Post

Any young person reading this, LISTEN TO THIS MAN. you don't have to take my word, but again I'm going to reiterate that as a medical professional, insulin will KILL YOU faster than most dangerous toxins and even snake venom.

Look up Ronnie coleman talking about how he had a very close calls with insulin.
    I just hate the use of it for bodybuilding purposes mate, it gives a horribly artificial, 'inflated' look to the muscle.

Most of those I've seen use it for any length of time usually regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    I can see why insulin is so popular. It's cheap, easy to get, and the main 'selling point' is a fuller, rounder look. But yes, very easy to f up and do real damage or even kill yourself. Not to mention, what are the long-term effects of heavy insulin use by those who don't need it?
    Develop insulin resistance and then the potential for type two diabetes and all that comes with that.

I totally agree that insulin is the main problem so many guys have with conditioning these days. I’m not a fan of the big puffy super full look that seems to be a given now. I also know guys and have used insulin myself for a few months back when I was still chasing gains and I did not find I made significant gains and that slin was overrated.

A guy from a gym I used to train at was advised by his coach (former pro) to go on insulin off-season.

The guy competed as a middleweight (under 80kg) and he ballooned up to 100kg with a massive head. Dieted down and guess what? Looked no different only this time onstage he had a gut and a enormous head. Great.

I just got fat when I tried it.

MD Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by paradox View Post

I know your trying to get a message across that I do agree with for the most part but the degree of short term danger of insulin use is over stated. 10 or even 20 iu humalog will not kill you even if you don’t have carbs, granted though you will not have a pleasant experience and may black out for a period of time. I have read literature where psychological patients undergoing treatment known as insulin shock therapy (which didn’t work btw) were routinely given upwards of 100iu insulin and very few fatalities occurred even at these extreme dosages. So it’s not as killer as some may have you believe, certainly at reasonable bbing dosages of ~10iu but don’t get me wrong it is often the cause of bad experiences and is imo a highly overrated compound.

I'll go against the grain here. I'll admit I haven't read the article, however, pretty much everyone here talks about how the 90's physiques were the best. Who were those guys working with back then? Chad, milos? Chad brought what I consider to be the best bodybuilder ever to the stage in Ronnie Coleman......we know Chad advocates insulin use. Milos is pretty much The Godfather of insulin use in bodybuilding and he had a beautiful physique. So doesn't it stand to reason it's about HOW the insulin is used? There's a bunch of different ways of applying it and some are just wrong

As for danger, no denying it can kill you right now whereas AAS is more of a long term cumulative effect. In some ways though, I would say insulin use is safer than standard AAS. If you are using insulin, it's the same insulin diabetics are using, from a legit pharmaceutical source. AAS you have no clue as to the true dosing, cleanliness etc of the product. We have seen long term AAS abuse leading to hypertension, kidney failure heart problems etc.....I have seen guys be able to significantly lower their AAS dose incorporating slin/gh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

Good points Oso.

MD Online Editor

Banned

Great article, Dorian, Branch, and Evan Centopani are good examples of grainy muscles

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    I just got fat when I tried it.

MD Online Editor
    and why would you try it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast