Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Ramblin' Freak: Gregg Valentino Uncensored! - Ep. 16

Default The Ramblin' Freak: Gregg Valentino Uncensored! - Ep. 16

Glad to see you discuss training nuts and bolts - too often these days all people want to hear about are drugs and occasionally, diet.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Also happy to hear the endorsement for higher training volume - we have all grown scared of overtraining.
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Awesome and so true on the training stuff.

I have been back in the gym for around a month and I find I have always preferred training with more volume and less rest and that has been what I have been going towards more for the most part.

Most of my leg workouts the past several weeks I have been leg pressing like you advocate and I see the results of which. I swear the leg press I am stuck with is as old as you are gregg though
    legpresshackcombo.jpg

Great episode.
    Lots of training info.
    I like the higher volume slant.

I loved Gregg calling out all the fat guys who rest 10 minutes between sets who call themselves 'powerlifters.' Met a lot of those types.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Also happy to hear the endorsement for higher training volume - we have all grown scared of overtraining.
    so i am older than you. About the same age as Gregg and from just north of him in NY. I always trained volume. Even at my age the other day I did 76 sets. Shit works for me. I just don't get much out of low volume. I'd have to train twice a day low volume or I would get nothing. Maybe because I was a hard laborer for many years so I need the volume to stimulate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    I loved Gregg calling out all the fat guys who rest 10 minutes between sets who call themselves 'powerlifters.' Met a lot of those types.
    yes Gregg is used to not resting..he puts down a plate of speghetti in under 3 minutes and asks then tells the waiter to go fuck themselves because they only gave him 4 meatballs instead of 6