Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Arnold Classic Competitor List Announced

Default 2018 Arnold Classic Competitor List Announced

Former Champions Cedric McMillan, Dexter Jackson, Dennis Wolf Highlight 30th Anniversary Field at 2018 Arnold Classic

COLUMBUS, Ohio Ė Cedric McMillan, who won the 2017 Arnold Classic for the biggest victory of his professional career, is one of three former Arnold Classic champions who will do battle at the prestigious contest that celebrates its 30th Anniversary at the 2018 Arnold Sports Festival.

The 2018 Arnold Sports Festival will feature IFBB Pro League contests in a record nine divisions, including Arnold Classic Physique for the first time. McMillan, five-time champion Dexter Jackson and 2014 champion Dennis Wolf lead a field of 14 professional bodybuilders who will take the stage in Columbus, Ohio for the 30th Annual Arnold Classic on March 3, 2018. Jackson won the Arnold Classic in 2005, 2006, 2008, 2013 and 2015 and holds the eventís record with five titles, one more than Flex Wheeler.

In the Arnold Classic 212, 2017 runner-up David Henry and 2015 champion Jose Raymond headline a field of the seven who will vie for the title. Henry and Raymond, third in Columbus a year ago, will be challenged by Guy Cisternino Jr., fourth here in 2017, and Hadi Choopan, a rising star who finished second to McMillan in the open division at the San Marino Pro in late November.

A new champion will be crowned in the Fitness International with the retirement of four-time champion Oksana Grishina. Most of the top competitors from 2017 return in March, including runner-up Regiane Da Silva, third-place finisher Whitney Jones and Bethany Wagner, who was fourth a year ago.

Candice Lewis-Carter returns to defend her title in the Figure International. Also expected to challenge are Cydney Gillon, the current Figure Olympia winner who finished second here in 2017, and Heather Dees, who was sixth in Columbus a year ago.

Angelica Teixeira will defend her title in the Bikini International. Challengers include 2017 third-place finisher Jennifer Ronzitti and Janet Layug, who was fourth here a year ago.

Two-time champion Harold Kelley will try to make it a three-peat in Arnold Classic Pro Wheelchair. Arnold Classic Physique, Arnold Menís Physique and Womenís Physique International will feature competitions open to any IFBB Pro League athlete who finished in the top 10 in an IFBB Pro League contest in the past two years. Visit www.arnoldsportsfestival.com for the complete competitor lists.

The Arnold Classic 212, Arnold Classic Physique, Fitness International, Figure International and Womenís Physique International will be held on Friday, March 2, 2018; while the Arnold Classic, Arnold Menís Physique, Arnold Classic Pro Wheelchair and Bikini International will be held on Saturday, March 3, 2018.

2018 Arnold Classic, Arnold Classic 212, Arnold Classic Pro Wheelchair, Fitness International, Figure International, Bikini International Official Invite Lists:

I thought someone said Ramy and Kai were going this? And a little disappointed Ahmad wont be there.

Hadi vs. Ahmad vs. Jose would have been a great battle. But Hadi vs. Jose vs. Henry will be pretty good too. Surprised to see only 7 in the 212.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by BullBulk View Post
    I thought someone said Ramy and Kai were going this? And a little disappointed Ahmad wont be there.
    Agree, Ramy and Kai would have bolstered the lineup.
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Top 6 in no particular order?
    Dexter
    Wolf
    Rhoden
    Bonac
    Cedric
    Roelly

Only top O guys missing really are Phil and Ramy. That top 6 I just posted would be pretty insane if they all show up at or near 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Hadi vs. Ahmad vs. Jose would have been a great battle. But Hadi vs. Jose vs. Henry will be pretty good too. Surprised to see only 7 in the 212.
    I wanted to see Jose vs. Ahmad vs. Flex vs. Henry vs. Hadi vs. Hide vs. Dixon. Guess I'll have to wait till the Olympia.

Flex only did the Arnold to be its first 212 champ, and I knew he would never do it again.

Only top O guys missing really are Phil and Ramy. That top 6 I just posted would be pretty insane if they all show up at or near 100%.

It will be a battle

Flex only did the Arnold to be its first 212 champ, and I knew he would never do it again.
    That's why I appreciate Jose so much. He's a baller. He's already won it and is still doing the show instead of running away and hiding in his castle until Olympia time like Flex and Phil Heath.

Jose and Henry actually compete for a living.

Jose also knows he is in the twilight of his career. It would be foolish of him to skip a bunch of shows and then regret it later on when he's retired. Shawn is someone I feel should have competed more.

Wow, Cedric, Wolf and Dexter! Three past champs. Well, one current one in fact.

It would be insane if Dexter makes it 6 wins this time.

Behemoth

Rhoden is the favorite I'd think. Then Dexter. But damn who knows what Kuclo can do, he's been off for awhile.

Jose, Henry and Hadi will be great. Could see all 3 winning.

I'm looking forward to seeing Hadi compete. Let's hope he can get a visa!

Nice line up. Hide in the open?

Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast