Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ask Ron Episode 20

Default Ask Ron Episode 20

Tuning in now!!!
    Youre an amateur. In every sense. -Chick to TonyK

Ron you really are a good sport for answering some of my off the wall random questions lol

I did like the story of how you met your wife and you and I can relate. I met my wife when I was 20 and she was 18 too. Been together for going on 16 years and married 12 so congrats to you and Mrs Harris. The "do you still like her" was just being silly like you said, obviously you do!
    Good stuff though sir, I have some follow up questions about your most challenging prep that I will ask in the next Ask Ron thread.. Also, placing top 5 at a national level show in masters with no weight class is super impressive.
    Also, did you vomit training with Branch or just nauseous the whole time? I was laughing when you said it took hours for that feeling to go away. I get nauseous, then a cold sweat follows and off to the bathroom I go to yack, so I know the feeling.

What was our best night out together mate?

- The night I bundled Levrone into our limo
    - The night we convinced those ladies I was MI6
    - Those wrestling dwarves taking our cab
    - Hanging out in Tampa with Mike Cox (finally both getting to meet him)
    - Going full on ninja at this year's Olympia with Steve (stealth mode)

Soooo many fun times...

Bully, I did not vomit during the Branch workout, but I sure felt like I could have. It didn't help that we had eaten a couple hours before at a nice restaurant and I had the brilliant idea to try some chicken dish fried and dipped in potato chips, or something like that.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    What was our best night out together mate?

- The night I bundled Levrone into our limo
    - The night we convinced those ladies I was MI6
    - Those wrestling dwarves taking our cab
    - Hanging out in Tampa with Mike Cox (finally both getting to meet him)
    - Going full on ninja at this year's Olympia with Steve (stealth mode)

Soooo many fun times...
    Impossible to answer. And we gave the dwarves our cab. It was snowing and none of them had warm coats!
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Bully, I did not vomit during the Branch workout, but I sure felt like I could have. It didn't help that we had eaten a couple hours before at a nice restaurant and I had the brilliant idea to try some chicken dish fried and dipped in potato chips, or something like that.
    nice lol smart move there, I'm sure you made a mental note to never do that again pre workout.

I am a creature of habit, almost OCD with what the conditions must be for me to train. I like to have the same food at the same time and allow the same amount of time to go by before I train. I only break these rules when I get the chance to train with someone like Branch, Dorian, etc. Normally I train after 1 meal, which is 4 whole eggs with cheese, 1 cup oats with blueberries.

I am a creature of habit, almost OCD with what the conditions must be for me to train. I like to have the same food at the same time and allow the same amount of time to go by before I train. I only break these rules when I get the chance to train with someone like Branch, Dorian, etc. Normally I train after 1 meal, which is 4 whole eggs with cheese, 1 cup oats with blueberries.
    You're not alone in that as I do exactly the same, except I go after 2 meals and dropping a duquee.

I probably drop 2

MD Online Editor

Impossible to answer. And we gave the dwarves our cab. It was snowing and none of them had warm coats!
    We like to do our bit.

The lack of available cabs when that party let out was appalling

MD Online Editor

Muscle Head

Hi Ron,

Another great episode.

Is this the right place to ask you some more questions for Ask Ron?

Quote Originally Posted by glenhill68 View Post
    Hi Ron,

Another great episode.

Is this the right place to ask you some more questions for Ask Ron?
    Sure!

Muscle Head

Sure!
    Thanks.

1. Living in the UK it is a bit hit and miss getting hold of the magazine, which I enjoy reading. How do you see the future of it going forward?
    (As an aside the last edition I managed to get was the one with Regan Grimes on the cover, has there been an edition since?)

2. I train with slow negatives, 3-4 seconds, to increase time under tension. Have you tried this style of training and what do you think of it?

3. Due to circumstances and time I do a full body workout 3 times a week. Have you tried this? Which exercises would you use?

4. What is your favourite piece of gym equipment and why?

5. What are your predictions, bodybuilding-wise, for 2018?

Happy Christmas.

Great questions Glen, cheers! I will answer all of those in # 21.

Follow up questions Ron:

What made you and your wife move from the west coast back to the east coast? Do you miss the west coast and any plans on relocating back out that way?
    Brad Rowe and Jose Raymond have both said that they feel the east coast bodybuilders train harder than the west coast bodybuilders, do you feel that this is true?
    Now that Team U has made weight classes for the masters class, do you see yourself getting the itch to shoot for the pro card in your class now?
    I know you have kids, son and a daughter correct? Growing up and being that you're a bodybuilder, did you let them eat whatever and be a kid, or did you kind of restrict them on junk food? Did you try to teach them good eating habits?
    Did your kids ever have any plans or goals of being in the fitness industry as competitors? Do you encourage it, or try to keep them away from getting heavily involved on the competitors side?
    What is your typical go to cheat meal and when do you eat this, after legs? Back?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast