Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Do It Right! 8-Time Mr. Olympia Lee Haney on Delts

Default Do It Right! 8-Time Mr. Olympia Lee Haney on Delts

Little Guy

Talk about meat and potatoes advice. Keep these articles coming, this series is a breath of fresh air.

What About Front Raises?

I never believed the front delts needed any specific, direct work, and I still don’t. They get plenty of stimulation from overhead presses, as well as incline and even flat presses that we do for our chests. Furthermore, I’ve never seen weak front delts on anybody. Often those are the only part of a person’s shoulders that are developed!

I don't understand why some guys dedicate time to this muscular area.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

I love how real his is about the poundages used. 60lbs dumbbells for military press. 30's for laterals. 135-185 for behind the back row/shrugs. I see a ton of skinny guys using waaaay more weight than this and it looks like all they are doing is stressing their tendons and joints. Haney talks about training the MUSCLE. Love this real talk from (arguably)
    the greatest bodybuilder of all time.

Banned

Haney is great, he is, IMHO, one of the greatest bodybuilders ever (the best being Arnold)

Quote Originally Posted by swaminator View Post
    I love how real his is about the poundages used. 60lbs dumbbells for military press. 30's for laterals. 135-185 for behind the back row/shrugs. I see a ton of skinny guys using waaaay more weight than this and it looks like all they are doing is stressing their tendons and joints. Haney talks about training the MUSCLE. Love this real talk from (arguably)
    the greatest bodybuilder of all time.
    Every day on IG, I see guys deadlifting 400-pounds not only with no back development, but very little muscle overall. I SMH every time, because I am not impressed. Same shit with squats. Many brutal half reps with 400-500, fully knee wrapped, belted, and with 2 spotters doing half the work - and legs like a chicken.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Banned

I wonder what his Lee opinion about Branch training style.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Every day on IG, I see guys deadlifting 400-pounds not only with no back development, but very little muscle overall. I SMH every time, because I am not impressed. Same shit with squats. Many brutal half reps with 400-500, fully knee wrapped, belted, and with 2 spotters doing half the work - and legs like a chicken.
    I stay the hell away from wraps, if I can't squat it on my own, just wearing a belt, then it's too heavy, and dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBreda View Post
    I stay the hell away from wraps, if I can't squat it on my own, just wearing a belt, then it's too heavy, and dangerous
    Agree

MD Online Editor
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Banned

^I can't believe we actually agree on something, lol