Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New weight limits for NPC Classic Physique

I dunno, height and weight DO NOT mean a classic physique.

Lee Haney had one of the greatest classic physiques ever and he was 5'11 and competed between 230-250 ish. Lee labrada, classic physique, 5'6 between 175-195lbs
    Shawn Ray one of the most classic physiques ever won the nationals at like 195-198, 20 lbs over what they are saying and with all due respect to even the guys who competed in the classic olympia, shawn would have wiped the floow with them in its prime

Hell even Bob Chic, another tall guy had a classic physique yet would be considered overweight in this category.

These guidlines are not well thought out and frankly don't represent what classic represents to me. Not every classic physique is the x frame either, thats a crock of shit because there were plenty of top classic physiques who I might add the majority of us look up to that did not have the stereotypical homo erotic wide shoulder, gentically tiny waist and flaming haircut while posing to strains of la boheme

And if you want to have classic that means they are supposed to be ridiculously shredded.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swingslammer View Post
    Serious question. ......is this a serious statement?
    Noooooo......if I was clean for a year. Lol
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    If you miss weight on Classic, you can either go home or throw on some bb trunks and compete in that division. Same thing with 212. They don't make weight, they are out. Never heard of one going into Open. Most pro shows have only Open or 212, not both. Not sure if that's ever happened?
    Indont think a 212 guy has ever missed making weight. But those guys look soooooo much heavier than 212
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Quote Originally Posted by swingslammer View Post
    Serious question. ......is this a serious statement?
    Last time I competed at 172lbs was in 98, but I liked my look better back then.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    I dunno, height and weight DO NOT mean a classic physique.

Lee Haney had one of the greatest classic physiques ever and he was 5'11 and competed between 230-250 ish. Lee labrada, classic physique, 5'6 between 175-195lbs
    Shawn Ray one of the most classic physiques ever won the nationals at like 195-198, 20 lbs over what they are saying and with all due respect to even the guys who competed in the classic olympia, shawn would have wiped the floow with them in its prime

Hell even Bob Chic, another tall guy had a classic physique yet would be considered overweight in this category.

These guidlines are not well thought out and frankly don't represent what classic represents to me. Not every classic physique is the x frame either, thats a crock of shit because there were plenty of top classic physiques who I might add the majority of us look up to that did not have the stereotypical homo erotic wide shoulder, gentically tiny waist and flaming haircut while posing to strains of la boheme

And if you want to have classic that means they are supposed to be ridiculously shredded.
    Nelson drooping knowledge. Great post. Cormier was huge, yet had a classic look. Same with Paris and Demay. You are born with a classic look, it’s not made through height and weight classes
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    You are born with a classic look, it’s not made through height and weight classes
    It is more easily to be massive or grated without genetics than to be classic without genetics.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    It is more easily to be massive or grated without genetics than to be classic without genetics.
    Agreed - to an extent, an average person can get pretty huge and ripped with tons and tons of drugs. But an average person can never have that pretty structure and shape, you have to be born with that.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    Yes 100%

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    Last time I competed at 172lbs was in 98, but I liked my look better back then.
    Thanks for answering. ...it is hard to read sarcasm sometimes.
    I am only about 10 over the weight limit now....I might try it out?

5' 9" 170 the last time I competed IMG_1346[1].JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rep View Post
    5' 9" 170 the last time I competed IMG_1346[1].JPG
    that is what a calssic physique should like like, even the bodyfat ripped levels in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by flippo View Post
    I feel your pain Ron. Spinal issues from college football and a 30mph mountain bike crash.

So do they check their heights at weigh ins? Breon lists his height at 5'7 on his web site and well..
    Talked to him outside after winning NY Pro.. He's like 5'5", Dex is 5'7" tops 5'8", Dorian 5'10" 5'11"
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    that is what a calssic physique should like like, even the bodyfat ripped levels in my opinion
    Thanks brother.
    I think my max weight, if I kept competing through the years using min amount of gas would have been about 185.

Here is what I look like now a lot older and no TRT or dieting.20150702_104531 (4).jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ronnie Rep; December 24th, 2017 at 12:30 PM.

I would have been far better suited to this division had I stayed natty like here - even my arms didn't look as bad because my legs and chest weren't so overdeveloped, and my waist was much more narrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Banned

I was over 5-8 for a long time, up until maybe 3 years ago. Down to 5-7 and 1/2 now, dammit

Even natty AF I could not get to 182
    if you measure yourself after sleeping 8-10 hrs, you'd be surprised, you are probably over 5'8''. You have to measure yourself as soon as you wake up, you'll thank me later

Banned

I would have been far better suited to this division had I stayed natty like here - even my arms didn't look as bad because my legs and chest weren't so overdeveloped, and my waist was much more narrow.
    I don't believe you were natty then.

I was Prohormones didn’t even exist yet

MD Online Editor

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast