Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A message from Jim Manion

Freak of Nature

I do believe it will be better than 50-50 Pro League within a few years as the first few years of these Pro League qualifiers are open to anyone from anywhere in the world and don't require any qualification to compete with the opportunity to become an IFBB Pro athlete. That will bring out droves of athletes and there will be huge demand among promoters to get in on this large volume of competitors that are anticipated at every show. The world is a big place.
    Do Eastern European athletes only wish to compete forever as amateurs in a league that doesn't award them pro status when earned or that doesn't have a large scale established pro circuit or have a path to the Olympia? No. There are many Russians competing in Pro League currently and the future Pro League qualifiers in Russia, Ukraine will surely be huge money makers for those promoters. I wonder how many there will be by 2019? As with the Caribbean and Latin America there is now more than "one show" to qualify for IFBB Pro League competition. The numbers will be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by guruhonza View Post
    Anyone has this opportunity thanks to this split but we are not talking about the opportunity. We are talking about who will actually go compete at IFBB Pro qualifiers.

Competitors from Russia, Spain, France, Czech republic, Poland, Slovakia, Iran, Korea, Brazil, Italy and so on will in 90% cases stay with IFBB International. UK, Ireland, Australia, Kuwait will produce better numbers than there countries but will it by 50-50? I doubt it.

MOST new good bodybuilders with potential will of course go to IFBB Pro league. Because of Olympia and money. I dont think ELITE Pro will be ever able to match talent in bodybuilding in IFBB Pro simply because of Olympia.

By the way Roman Vavrečan just decided he will go with IFBB Elite Pro but in the future he thinks he will also join IFBB Pro league. He has great future in the sport

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...light=vavrecan

Let's wait till it's light again, time often sorts things out.
    Chief Editor EASTLABS.RU - judge IFBB PRO LEAGUE - judge IFBB

Quote Originally Posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
    Do Eastern European athletes only wish to compete forever as amateurs in a league that doesn't award them pro status when earned or that doesn't have a large scale established pro circuit or have a path to the Olympia?
    Elite will create its great tournament of the year, as have Waba or Nabba. Therefore, if there is a final great place to compete.

But the problem is that guys in Europe, have always had to travel to the US to compete because there are held most shows. That entails an important monetary expense.

So, now they can compete as pros in the Elite Pro, on their own continent and country.

Therefore, Pro League must organize important professional shows in Europe and South America to be a viable way for competitors without great resources or sponsors.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    Elite will create its great tournament of the year, as have Waba or Nabba. Therefore, if there is a final great place to compete.

But the problem is that guys in Europe, have always had to travel to the US to compete because there are held most shows. That entails an important monetary expense.

So, now they can compete as pros in the Elite Pro, on their own continent and country.

Therefore, Pro League must organize important professional shows in Europe and South America to be a viable way for competitors without great resources or sponsors.
    Chief Editor EASTLABS.RU - judge IFBB PRO LEAGUE - judge IFBB

Which all means nothing when you're competing against rank amateurs.

The Olympia is the only show that is established as the "Super Bowl, World Series, etc) in our sport.

Most of the guys in Europe WANT to come to the states, if they're not here already...never been a problem, especially in the Olympia where you're expenses are paid for.

Freak of Nature

I agree that having pro circuit expansion around the world benefits athletes not seeking to travel long distances. We see that in Florida where there is now a sizeable pro circuit and state based pros are apt to first and foremost compete in those regional pro shows, but will still travel elsewhere within their country and then to lesser extent travel abroad where opportunity seems prestigious. Local--> regional--> national and then --> international tends to be the route we would expect of any market.
    I can see a time when the Pro League will sanction national amateur organizations as are established currently in association with the IFBB. Existing national orgs leadership are certainly already considering the jump to Pro League, but this won't be made public until they make the jump for obvious reasons. Likely some U.S. based promoters establishing overseas events hope they can monopolize on those regional markets and establish their own. There will be some friction between existing national orgs looking to jump to the Pro League and the U.S. promoters moving into those markets. Would it be more valuable to the Pro League to work with existing promoters or have U.S. guys in the Pro League ear doing it? Having a regional association allows for building a strong national organization and from that feed the pro circuit.
    As the Olympia in 2018 sought to further limit participation its counter intuitive to think greater numbers of pro cards awarded at contests outside the U.S. will marry with an expectation by athletes that they will qualify and compete at this one event in Sept. in Vegas. AMI isn't dumb though and I'd imagine will seek to expand that franchise internationally to take advantage of the larger number of seeded pros as will be the case with expansion of Pro League pro events internationally. Might Chang's Pro League Qualifers in Italy be the precursor for an Olympia on Mt Olympus?
    Last edited by MusclepapaJohn; December 31st, 2017 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    Most of the guys in Europe WANT to come to the states, if they're not here already...never been a problem, especially in the Olympia where you're expenses are paid for.
    Come on bro, if you see the shows pros in Europe, you will see many European competitors and less from the US. It is the logical thing. The more diversified the contests are throughout the world, better.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Come on bro, if you see the shows pros in Europe, you will see many European competitors and less from the US. It is the logical thing. The more diversified the contests are throughout the world, better.
    Yes...and now we have PLENTY of PRO LEAGUE shows overseas they can enter.

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    Which all means nothing when you're competing against rank amateurs.

The Olympia is the only show that is established as the "Super Bowl, World Series, etc) in our sport.

Thru all the crazy ups and downs within the world of contest bodybuilding, one thing remained constant:
    The IFBB pros and Mr Olympia was the elite of bodybuilding competition.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Little Guy

It will be interesting to see what is going to happen. As NPC turned into bikini federation, with watering down the standards for the division, the rest of IFBB world still nurture bodybuilding and athleticism. That made NPCs hows boring to watch and to compete at. One time great shows turned into bikini happenings, with 2 bodybuilding competitors per class. Bikini competitors in the rest of IFBB are more athletic, conditioned and pose more decently. The same standards apply to figure.
    Will amateur athlete go to NPC or stick to IFBB amateur: many of those countries have state FBB, financed by the government through Ministry of sport and Olympic Committee as a part of it. When those people go to compete their expenses are covered. Then calculate. Then they will need to adjust to NPC judging criteria, which they found awkward according to the feedback from the 2017 Amateur Olympia in San Marino.
    As far as IFBB Pro League, I am curious if its going to turn into international tournament of pros chasing points for Olympia or the chance will be given to the rest of the world's pros to make their way to Olympia stage. Personally, I'd like to see more aestetic physiques on that stage, as I'd like to see female body building athletes back on the Olympia again. No matter what pro league would that happen in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cu View Post
    It will be interesting to see what is going to happen. As NPC turned into bikini federation, with watering down the standards for the division, the rest of IFBB world still nurture bodybuilding and athleticism. That made NPCs hows boring to watch and to compete at. One time great shows turned into bikini happenings, with 2 bodybuilding competitors per class. Bikini competitors in the rest of IFBB are more athletic, conditioned and pose more decently. The same standards apply to figure.
    Will amateur athlete go to NPC or stick to IFBB amateur: many of those countries have state FBB, financed by the government through Ministry of sport and Olympic Committee as a part of it. When those people go to compete their expenses are covered. Then calculate. Then they will need to adjust to NPC judging criteria, which they found awkward according to the feedback from the 2017 Amateur Olympia in San Marino.
    As far as IFBB Pro League, I am curious if its going to turn into international tournament of pros chasing points for Olympia or the chance will be given to the rest of the world's pros to make their way to Olympia stage. Personally, I'd like to see more aestetic physiques on that stage, as I'd like to see female body building athletes back on the Olympia again. No matter what pro league would that happen in.
    Obviously you've never been to an NPC show in the northeast. Maybe you want to check one out before you make such blanket statements.

The other federation offers wellness ( fat chicks ) and children. Oh boy that's hardcore bb right there

Little Guy

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon View Post
    Obviously you've never been to an NPC show in the northeast. Maybe you want to check one out before you make such blanket statements.

The other federation offers wellness ( fat chicks ) and children. Oh boy that's hardcore bb right there
    My intention is not to argue. Please, refer me at some of those northeast shows, so I can take a look at them.

Also, if you read carefully I did not credit any of those Federations, I expressed my personal preference regarding athlete's look, conditioning, etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123