Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: No ones talking about the Porter, Fakhri Mubarak fight?

Default No ones talking about the Porter, Fakhri Mubarak fight?

That thread went soooooo far off the tracks from the original message

I may have poorly expressed my understanding of sand nigga

I take it as one saying.....ok you're calling me nigga, but to the rest of the world they see you almost the same....sand nigga

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

Quote Originally Posted by bolsen View Post
    You do realize their are a lot of races represented in the US, right? Saying you're a nationalist means you're for the nation as a whole not a particular race. We're all tribal. Think about it, that's why people cheer for the Team that represents their city or state above another team. It's also why we have a national representative, state reps, and city reps. People will always have a tribe.
    Well yes, that's the most sparkly and clean version of nationalism. Doesn't change the fact that racists are using nationalism as a way to sneak their beliefs into the mainstream and make them appear legitimate at the moment.
    In the sea of heavy metal, you are plankton.

Quote Originally Posted by Womanthrower View Post
    Well yes, that's the most sparkly and clean version of nationalism. Doesn't change the fact that racists are using nationalism as a way to sneak their beliefs into the mainstream and make them appear legitimate at the moment.
    You're deifnitely right. But there is also no denying that the exploitation of third world workers for maximum profit or the general disregard of border/ immigration laws in the name of votes (for example) are carried out under the guise of globalism. So, just the same, people use globalism to make THEIR intentions appear sincere and legitimate when they are anything but. The only difference is that globalism is viewed as shiny and clean while nationalism is a four letter word. My point is that either can be bastardized and both ARE but why does one get a free pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    Regarding the terms "nationalist" and "nationalism"; I realize they have become 4 letter word with racist implications. However, if you're an American nationalist, isn't it at least a little different than being a nationalist from pretty much any other country? America IS comprised of people from all over the world and the only native race/ethnic group is the native american indian which no one is assuming when the term "nationalist" is used. Anyone can make arguments for and against globalism. Why is it okay to be a globalist but not okay to be a nationalist? Of course, I can see how nationalism CAN give way to bigoted thoughts etc BUT isn't it possible that it can be "used responsibly" for the good of the nation?
    You're describing nationalism from some dictionary point of view. It doesn't change the fact that right now racists all over the world are using nationalism as a way to legitimize their beliefs. Does that mean nationalism is racist? No. Is a car a weapon? No, but it sure as fuck can be used as one.

You seem to have rose tinted spectacles on about nationalism, like you're viewing it purely as patriotism and putting your country first. You're also putting your culture first, which is ethnocentric. I see ethnocentrism being at the root of what causes so many problems for the human race. Which is where we are in America today. Trying to put an umbrella on Americans saying we all share the same culture is absurd. We're pretty much at war in this country over our different cultures, so whose identity is it that nationalism is representing?

Freak of Nature

Quote Originally Posted by bigoso View Post
    That thread went soooooo far off the tracks from the original message

I may have poorly expressed my understanding of sand nigga

I take it as one saying.....ok you're calling me nigga, but to the rest of the world they see you almost the same....sand nigga

Just add "lol" to any epithet and its alright according to some ethnic groups political leadership it seems. Name calling and racial epithets to most non racists regardless of color is not okay or conducive to constructive dialog. I'll refer to the word, but not call people by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    You're deifnitely right. But there is also no denying that the exploitation of third world workers for maximum profit or the general disregard of border/ immigration laws in the name of votes (for example) are carried out under the guise of globalism. So, just the same, people use globalism to make THEIR intentions appear sincere and legitimate when they are anything but. The only difference is that globalism is viewed as shiny and clean while nationalism is a four letter word. My point is that either can be bastardized and both ARE but why does one get a free pass?
    Cause globalization gets us nice sneakers and nationalism gets us internment camps. I'd like to think we can all agree that internment camps are the worse of the two here.

Cause globalization gets us nice sneakers and nationalism gets us internment camps.
    Hahahhaha! Don't kid yourself. Under either bastardized extreme, internment camps aren't out of the question.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Freak of Nature

Cause globalization gets us nice sneakers and nationalism gets us internment camps. I'd like to think we can all agree that internment camps are the worse of the two here.
    Slave labor produced sneakers to a nation with $20 trillion debt owned mostly by the Communist country where the sneakers are made.
    Review what happened to the mini-dragon nations, Brazil etc when Soros led currency speculators abandoned the bhat.
    World bank required dramatic cuts in social welfare spending in effected national economies. Consider what our percentage of social welfare spending is by comparison and what would happen if that had to be cut via edict of the "global" international bankers behind all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
    Just add "lol" to any epithet and its alright according to some ethnic groups political leadership it seems. Name calling and racial epithets to most non racists regardless of color is not okay or conducive to constructive dialog. I'll refer to the word, but not call people by it.
    That we can agree on.....nothing constructive can come from it. That thread left anything constructive in the dust EARLY!

Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

Quote Originally Posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
    Slave labor produced sneakers to a nation with $20 trillion debt owned mostly by the Communist country where the sneakers are made.
    Review what happened to the mini-dragon nations, Brazil etc when Soros led currency speculators abandoned the bhat.
    World bank required dramatic cuts in social welfare spending in effected national economies. Consider what our percentage of social welfare spending is by comparison and what would happen if that had to be cut via edict of the "global" international bankers behind all of this.
    World Bank Vs "Communist" country.

What is our problem, are we European or American? A fucking communist country or the world bank?

Why did Americans fight for independence? They wanted to get rid of British banks, right? I wonder when they will fight to get rid of the federal reserve, world bank or the international monetary fund. And the damn Jews who control the country. Nobody wants the Jewish Zionists, why? Because they have always controlled the gold and the currency, and with this enslave the people. Their fucking religion says that they must dominate others, and that the rest are not even human beings.

Meanwhile, the media and the government say that Koreans, Mexicans and Muslims are the problem.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

“Make the world work, for 100% of humanity, in the shortest possible time, through spontaneous cooperation, without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone.”

https://www.bfi.org/about-fuller/big-ideas/world-game
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

I personally felt different when bill Maher said it. Couple things.....he's a comedian, i feel like it's a comedians job to push boundaries. I think George carlin was a comedic genius, and he used the word.....to make a point. I believe context matters. Maher was using it in reference to himself as a joke in response to what the senator said. Wasnt the funniest joke, but there was no ill intent. I've followed Maher for over a decade....seen him live 3 times, I don't think he is a racist. TBH, I wouldn't even say fak is racist.......I don't know him. Did he say some stupid racist shit, yes

that is an interesting view Point.
    i personally didnt like it when maher said it, same with Luis ck but Tarantino used the word excessively in jango and i never thought he is a racist. People can use the word but have to deal with the consequences. some People will not give them a pass, some wont.
    do you think comedians or entartainers in generall have the right to express themselves by using any word they want to? for example someone like quentin Tarantino or a musician, black, White or hispanic?

you dont have to answer this, but i would like to know if you think trump is a racist.

another Thing. you sometimes mention that you dont like to talk about politics. why?

I dont think Trump is a racist but he does play up to his racist base

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool90 View Post
    that is an interesting view Point.
    i personally didnt like it when maher said it, same with Luis ck but Tarantino used the word excessively in jango and i never thought he is a racist. People can use the word but have to deal with the consequences. some People will not give them a pass, some wont.
    do you think comedians or entartainers in generall have the right to express themselves by using any word they want to? for example someone like quentin Tarantino or a musician, black, White or hispanic?

you dont have to answer this, but i would like to know if you think trump is a racist.

another Thing. you sometimes mention that you dont like to talk about politics. why?
    Tarantino gets a lot of criticism for use of the n word in his movies. Which I honestly never understood. The guys writing a script and he has people talking how they talk. This is a word many people use.....in public or private. It's a movie so it's not like HE'S using it, ya know?

I love comedy, but beyond that I feel like good comedians really push culture forward. They take subject matter that we (society) are uncomfortable about and make us laugh about them. They force a conversation.....outside of our bubbles that we all live in. Think about chappelles show back in the day.....it was transformative IMO. We've gotten so pc I don't even think his show could happen in 2017. I agree folks have to deal with consequences of their words I just think there is a lot of fake outrage these days

As far as trump, it's not a thought....it's pretty easily verifiable that he's a racist. Discriminatory renting practices back to the 70's(for which he's been sued), his treatment of the Central Park 5 (google if not familiar) pretty much an attempted modern day lynching of KIDS that were proven innocent (he doubled down instead of apologizing when DNA exonerated them), racist comments on the campaign trail, the appointing of legit supremacist, alt right folks (sessions, bannon), there's a reason Richard spencer and all the alt right guys support him

I actually like talking politics.....I don't usually do it here because politics inevitably ties into race and people get all crazy about both subjects and it just goes no where

Tarantino gets a lot of criticism for use of the n word in his movies. Which I honestly never understood. The guys writing a script and he has people talking how they talk. This is a word many people use.....in public or private. It's a movie so it's not like HE'S using it, ya know?

I love comedy, but beyond that I feel like good comedians really push culture forward. They take subject matter that we (society) are uncomfortable about and make us laugh about them. They force a conversation.....outside of our bubbles that we all live in. Think about chappelles show back in the day.....it was transformative IMO. We've gotten so pc I don't even think his show could happen in 2017. I agree folks have to deal with consequences of their words I just think there is a lot of fake outrage these days

As far as trump, it's not a thought....it's pretty easily verifiable that he's a racist. Discriminatory renting practices back to the 70's(for which he's been sued), his treatment of the Central Park 5 (google if not familiar) pretty much an attempted modern day lynching of KIDS that were proven innocent (he doubled down instead of apologizing when DNA exonerated them), racist comments on the campaign trail, the appointing of legit supremacist, alt right folks (sessions, bannon), there's a reason Richard spencer and all the alt right guys support him

I actually like talking politics.....I don't usually do it here because politics inevitably ties into race and people get all crazy about both subjects and it just goes no where

He did use it in Pulp Fiction. Possibly some of the funniest dialog in the entire movie.
    I went Camp Crystal Lake when I was younger.

Training Log

In all honesty, Trump may have racist tendencies, but to him the only color that truly matters is green. I would be willing to bet if playing up racism towards whites would make him more money he would do it. If hiring a black, brown, yellow, purple, or blue person would increase his worth he would do it. He put Ben Carson in charge of HUD and instantly the black community attacked Ben. I remember just a few years ago he was hailed by everyone but especially the black community. Mos Def even starred in a movie about his life. In the end, you can look at any President and find good and bad. I prefer to look at the good. I'm no fuckin Democrat, but I can think for myself and see all of the good Obama did. I'm no Trump supporter but I can also see the good he's done. Both have a lot of bad as well, but they're only human.
    I went Camp Crystal Lake when I was younger.

Training Log

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast