Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 222 to 238 of 283

Thread: No ones talking about the Porter, Fakhri Mubarak fight?

  1. #222
    Juggernaut bigoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    truenutrition.com
    Posts
    8,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
    As a result of the Revenue Act of 1942 the highest tax rate that year was 88% and by 1944 it was 94% above $200K.
    I agree that "those with money will fight to the death to make sure they don't to part with" it, but that was the basis of the Boston Tea Party. Just pay what the Brits demanded and go about your business like the loyal subjects you are supposed to be.
    As with Democracy itself its a good idea in principle to take power from the feudal leaders and give to the people, but in fact "the people" prove time and time again to be no more nobel.
    I see couples sitting on the side of the road with signs wanting handouts. Guy asks me when I'm getting out of my car yesterday to spare some change. Charity starts at home. Put down the bottle, needle and stop begging for free cash and offer to work rather than beg or act like someone else owe you something. First generation Americans typically far outwork native born Americans as they appreciate the "access" to opportunity that we have here not the "promise" of success. It's access to opportunity and the willingness to do what it takes to achieve your goals not someone giving you something that builds a strong person, family and community. Where access is encumbered by institutional racism, etc that needs to be fixed, but redistribution of wealth from the achievers to the under achievers a more perfect union was never made.
    Great points


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

  2. #223
    Online Editor Ron Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA area
    Posts
    72,733

    Default

    John Usually does make good points.


    MD Online Editor
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

  3. #224
    Freak of Nature
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    12,278
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    John Usually does make good points.


    MD Online Editor

    Or beat a topic to death until most just walk away shaking their heads and say fuck it.

  4. #225
    Pit Leader bolsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    My Real Name is... Jason Voorhees
    Posts
    20,447
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    So, your military budget is probably already sufficient by nosw. May be it's the time to invest elsewhere to help your people.
    The DoD employs many people and helps millions of families by having so many employment opportunities. Those people in turn work for the country. Most of the budget is for personnel not war fighting.
    I went Camp Crystal Lake when I was younger.

    Training Log

  5. #226
    Pit Leader bolsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    My Real Name is... Jason Voorhees
    Posts
    20,447
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigoso View Post
    You have a more altruistic view of US intervention than I do

    This one of the areas where I really like Ron and Rand Paul


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I see it in effect. The military is full of good people doing great things, but it's used by scumbag politicians to do scumbag things sometimes. The policy makers have no idea what they're doing and typically use the entire military like pawns to fulfill their partisan agendas.
    I went Camp Crystal Lake when I was younger.

    Training Log

  6. #227
    Online Editor Ron Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA area
    Posts
    72,733

    Default

    Scumbag and politician are 2 words that just go so naturally together.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

  7. #228
    Freak of Nature
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    12,278
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    So, your military budget is probably already sufficient by nosw. May be it's the time to invest elsewhere to help your people.
    In 1966 our military spending was 44% of our federal budget and its down to 15% and where that percentage of revenue has gone is primarily social security, medicaid and medicare, programs that take care of our people. Cut the military budget much more and we can't provide for security for our country and much of the rest of our Western Allies.

    170208 Federal Outlays Pie Charts (6).jpg

  8. #229
    Pit Leader bolsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    My Real Name is... Jason Voorhees
    Posts
    20,447
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
    In 1966 our military spending was 44% of our federal budget and its down to 15% and where that percentage of revenue has gone is primarily social security, medicaid and medicare, programs that take care of our people. Cut the military budget much more and we can't provide for security for our country and much of the rest of our Western Allies.

    170208 Federal Outlays Pie Charts (6).jpg
    Where is that graphic from? I didn't realize the money is increasingly going towards social benefit programs. Kind of the opposite of what the Sanders crowd is saying.
    I went Camp Crystal Lake when I was younger.

    Training Log

  9. #230
    Iron Addict Womanthrower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Uzbekistan
    Posts
    3,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bolsen View Post
    Where is that graphic from? I didn't realize the money is increasingly going towards social benefit programs. Kind of the opposite of what the Sanders crowd is saying.
    It's the things that fall under discretionary spending they're largely talking about.



    and regardless of percentage of GDP being spent on military, our military spending is just about the highest it's ever been.

    In the sea of heavy metal, you are plankton.

  10. #231
    Freak of Nature
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    12,278
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bolsen View Post
    Where is that graphic from? I didn't realize the money is increasingly going towards social benefit programs. Kind of the opposite of what the Sanders crowd is saying.

    Source
    http://www.painting-with-numbers.com/blog/oh-no-my-pie-chart-hits-the-wall


    Google federal spending pie chart and you can be buried in them for days.
    Pundits like to single out "discretionary spending" to expand the percentage allocation for the military. Unfortunately non-discretionary spending grows most years, which reduces the total amount of discretionary funds available.

  11. #232
    Freak of Nature
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    12,278
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Womanthrower View Post
    It's the things that fall under discretionary spending they're largely talking about.



    and regardless of percentage of GDP being spent on military, our military spending is just about the highest it's ever been.

    Bingo.
    Military spending is about highest its been? Based on what? GDP? Non-wartime averages? What?

  12. #233
    Pit Leader bolsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    My Real Name is... Jason Voorhees
    Posts
    20,447
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Womanthrower View Post
    It's the things that fall under discretionary spending they're largely talking about.



    and regardless of percentage of GDP being spent on military, our military spending is just about the highest it's ever been.

    No doubt. But so is spending for everything else, so why single out the military?
    I went Camp Crystal Lake when I was younger.

    Training Log

  13. #234
    MD staff Daibhí O'Buadain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sponsored Bodybuilding Athlete
    Posts
    20,136
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    So, this tax return has been possible by cutting on social insurance? That's a legit question.
    That starts this year when they start cutting 'welfare' to pay for the tax cuts.

  14. #235
    Juggernaut bigoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    truenutrition.com
    Posts
    8,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bolsen View Post
    I see it in effect. The military is full of good people doing great things, but it's used by scumbag politicians to do scumbag things sometimes. The policy makers have no idea what they're doing and typically use the entire military like pawns to fulfill their partisan agendas.
    Well maybe we don't disagree so much


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

  15. #236
    Iron Addict Womanthrower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Uzbekistan
    Posts
    3,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bolsen View Post
    No doubt. But so is spending for everything else, so why single out the military?
    Don't ask me. I'm more in favor of raising taxes than I am for just cutting from military spending.
    In the sea of heavy metal, you are plankton.

  16. #237
    Pit Leader bolsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    My Real Name is... Jason Voorhees
    Posts
    20,447
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Womanthrower View Post
    Don't ask me. I'm more in favor of raising taxes than I am for just cutting from military spending.
    I don't think more taxes is the answer. Give the politicians more money to spend and they'll bumble and fumble and fuck it up. I don't think Trump is some humanitarian or anything, but I think he's on the right path cutting through the red tape.
    I went Camp Crystal Lake when I was younger.

    Training Log

  17. #238
    Iron Addict Womanthrower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Uzbekistan
    Posts
    3,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bolsen View Post
    I don't think more taxes is the answer. Give the politicians more money to spend and they'll bumble and fumble and fuck it up. I don't think Trump is some humanitarian or anything, but I think he's on the right path cutting through the red tape.
    Do tell @ red tape cutting.
    In the sea of heavy metal, you are plankton.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •