Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: No ones talking about the Porter, Fakhri Mubarak fight?

Quote Originally Posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
    As a result of the Revenue Act of 1942 the highest tax rate that year was 88% and by 1944 it was 94% above $200K.
    I agree that "those with money will fight to the death to make sure they don't to part with" it, but that was the basis of the Boston Tea Party. Just pay what the Brits demanded and go about your business like the loyal subjects you are supposed to be.
    As with Democracy itself its a good idea in principle to take power from the feudal leaders and give to the people, but in fact "the people" prove time and time again to be no more nobel.
    I see couples sitting on the side of the road with signs wanting handouts. Guy asks me when I'm getting out of my car yesterday to spare some change. Charity starts at home. Put down the bottle, needle and stop begging for free cash and offer to work rather than beg or act like someone else owe you something. First generation Americans typically far outwork native born Americans as they appreciate the "access" to opportunity that we have here not the "promise" of success. It's access to opportunity and the willingness to do what it takes to achieve your goals not someone giving you something that builds a strong person, family and community. Where access is encumbered by institutional racism, etc that needs to be fixed, but redistribution of wealth from the achievers to the under achievers a more perfect union was never made.
    Great points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

John Usually does make good points.

MD Online Editor
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Freak of Nature

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    John Usually does make good points.

MD Online Editor

Or beat a topic to death until most just walk away shaking their heads and say fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    So, your military budget is probably already sufficient by nosw. May be it's the time to invest elsewhere to help your people.
    The DoD employs many people and helps millions of families by having so many employment opportunities. Those people in turn work for the country. Most of the budget is for personnel not war fighting.
    I went Camp Crystal Lake when I was younger.

Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by bigoso View Post
    You have a more altruistic view of US intervention than I do

This one of the areas where I really like Ron and Rand Paul

I see it in effect. The military is full of good people doing great things, but it's used by scumbag politicians to do scumbag things sometimes. The policy makers have no idea what they're doing and typically use the entire military like pawns to fulfill their partisan agendas.

Training Log

Scumbag and politician are 2 words that just go so naturally together.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Freak of Nature

So, your military budget is probably already sufficient by nosw. May be it's the time to invest elsewhere to help your people.
    In 1966 our military spending was 44% of our federal budget and its down to 15% and where that percentage of revenue has gone is primarily social security, medicaid and medicare, programs that take care of our people. Cut the military budget much more and we can't provide for security for our country and much of the rest of our Western Allies.

170208 Federal Outlays Pie Charts (6).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
    In 1966 our military spending was 44% of our federal budget and its down to 15% and where that percentage of revenue has gone is primarily social security, medicaid and medicare, programs that take care of our people. Cut the military budget much more and we can't provide for security for our country and much of the rest of our Western Allies.

170208 Federal Outlays Pie Charts (6).jpg
    Where is that graphic from? I didn't realize the money is increasingly going towards social benefit programs. Kind of the opposite of what the Sanders crowd is saying.

Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by bolsen View Post
    Where is that graphic from? I didn't realize the money is increasingly going towards social benefit programs. Kind of the opposite of what the Sanders crowd is saying.
    It's the things that fall under discretionary spending they're largely talking about.

and regardless of percentage of GDP being spent on military, our military spending is just about the highest it's ever been.

In the sea of heavy metal, you are plankton.

Freak of Nature

Source
    http://www.painting-with-numbers.com/blog/oh-no-my-pie-chart-hits-the-wall

Google federal spending pie chart and you can be buried in them for days.
    Pundits like to single out "discretionary spending" to expand the percentage allocation for the military. Unfortunately non-discretionary spending grows most years, which reduces the total amount of discretionary funds available.

Freak of Nature

Quote Originally Posted by Womanthrower View Post
    It's the things that fall under discretionary spending they're largely talking about.

and regardless of percentage of GDP being spent on military, our military spending is just about the highest it's ever been.

Bingo.
    Military spending is about highest its been? Based on what? GDP? Non-wartime averages? What?

No doubt. But so is spending for everything else, so why single out the military?

Training Log

So, this tax return has been possible by cutting on social insurance? That's a legit question.
    That starts this year when they start cutting 'welfare' to pay for the tax cuts.

I see it in effect. The military is full of good people doing great things, but it's used by scumbag politicians to do scumbag things sometimes. The policy makers have no idea what they're doing and typically use the entire military like pawns to fulfill their partisan agendas.
    Well maybe we don't disagree so much

Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

No doubt. But so is spending for everything else, so why single out the military?
    Don't ask me. I'm more in favor of raising taxes than I am for just cutting from military spending.

Don't ask me. I'm more in favor of raising taxes than I am for just cutting from military spending.
    I don't think more taxes is the answer. Give the politicians more money to spend and they'll bumble and fumble and fuck it up. I don't think Trump is some humanitarian or anything, but I think he's on the right path cutting through the red tape.

Training Log

I don't think more taxes is the answer. Give the politicians more money to spend and they'll bumble and fumble and fuck it up. I don't think Trump is some humanitarian or anything, but I think he's on the right path cutting through the red tape.
    Do tell @ red tape cutting.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast