Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: No ones talking about the Porter, Fakhri Mubarak fight?

Quote Originally Posted by bigoso View Post
    I agree with you.....I'm also tired of all the fake outrage at every little thing he does. I take shit from friends and family for that. If he did say this, I don't think this is a small thing

Oh no....I know we're just having a discussion. TBH I think what our country needs is to have more of these discussions....and that's not happening. Everyone is in their own echo chamber.

Yes, the black community wants to be as humans but imo that doesn't mean erasing identity. The world over everyone knows "monkey" is a term that's been used as derogatory for blacks. Soccer is the most popular sport in the world, and when they want to disrespect a black footballer anywhere in the world what do they do? Throw bananas on the field. There is simply no way around that history

So to me it's not about widening a racial divide....it's about you're not gonna disrespect me and continue to get my money. H&M can do whatever they like.....they can just do it without my money

Chappelle talked about that in his new special. I believe it was Lyndon b Johnson that said "if you can convince the lowest white man that he is better than the best colored man he won't notice you picking his pockets.Hell, give him someone to look down on and he'll empty his pockets for you"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The soccer bit most people don't know about. In the UK even if the black dude is playing for your city the fans chant "ooh ooh ooh" and throw bananas on the pitch. I learned that from a book called "Amongst Thugs" about a journalist who traveled with hooligans for a while. Green Street Hooligans is based on the book. Pretty entertaining read.
    I went Camp Crystal Lake when I was younger.

Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon View Post
    I haven't watched Chappelle. Now I will tonight. Johnson was an interesting case. I'm really doubting his benevolent intent. He created the modern welfare state. I really believe it was to tie poor people to the democrats ensuring their vote. Oddly enough his statement is actually taken from the British about their policy in Northern Ireland.. divide conquer and ensure the vote.
    The two party system ruined our society.

Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by bolsen View Post
    100% agree

Banned

"Why are we accepting immigrants from Haiti and other shithole countries in Africa"........only the latest of his racist tirades"

so? at least he's honest

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by greuc View Post
    Lemme guess, another getbigger has landed on MD?
    I'm on getbig too, I never truly liked that site but somehow it grew on me. I always loved bodybuilding.com but lately I've been getting sick of that place because they always ban me

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    That statement assumes that his supporters are not either openly or secretly racist as well. Because if they are, they would not have a problem with him also being a racist.
    the truth is, EVERYONE is racist, in one way or another. To deny this is to lie.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool90 View Post
    im still on the fence about the H&M Thing because that photo goes through so many People and i cant believe that each one of the is Racist. also if im not mistake the full Picture had a White kid next to him with some jungle print on his shirt too. however, this wouldnt be the first time a Company would make an "edgy" Statement or Commercial for Publicity. a really uncomfortable Situation especially with the current political Situation in america. like you said, the People at H&M who are responsible for this certainly are clueless.

the whole shithole controversy is also very hard to judge. trump for sure made Statements in the past that offended People and it sounds like something he would say but i dont want to judge anyone if there is no prove backing up what the media Reports. he has a track record of saying fucked up Things, like when he made fun of someone who is handicapped.

here is my opinion on what happened during the last 9 years in america. People (White, black, hispanic and asian) rooted for Obama. he is well spoken and comes across like a nice Person. yes we can was a movement. lets Change this Country and bring the People together. the pressure on Obama was higher than on any other president to bring change. expectations were so high that any mistake he did was Held to a different Standard than what other presidents did. he has done good (economy, Environment and unemployment went down) and he also made mistakes. he is very much responsible for the ongoing crisis in the middle east and North africa. after 8 years of Obama americans ended up with clinton vs trump. both controversial. trump says Things that arent considered pc, a big draw for a lot of People because lets be honest, pc has gone crazy. i always thought i was liberal but i just dont find myself represented by any political Party anmore in Germany, i think the same issue is going on in america. People lose their Jobs and get beat up for saying there are only 2 sexes, male and female. this is insane. i have no Problem with trans People. homosexuals, whatever you want to be if it is legal but when someone transexual suggests that men who dont want to have sex with transexuals are homophobe i feel like we live in bizarro world. in the past the left used to argue with Facts against the right who relied on emotions. this has changed a lot and thats why the left becomes less believeable. People on the roght have learned how to argue with Facts.

i dont think every trump voter is a racist or dumb. i think a lot just thought what he said was funny and not pc, so lets go for him. a good amount are racist and idiots but the trump movement does not just come from that because a lot of White People voted for Obama 9 and 5 years ago and more old guys have died since then. so technically there should be less racists, but that is just my Observation as an outsider who is White. i could be wrong because i always hope that we make Progress.

do you know bill Burr? i tend to share his opinions on a lot of Topics.

i think he is what i would considere the middle when it omes to politics. he sees the bad in both. if the media simply reported against trump and hillary with fact instead of emotions, trump and hilary probably would have lost to lets say gil stein.
    I don't think everyone who ok'd the H&M ad were racist. That's why I said they are "culturally clueless"....they couldn't have foreseen the backlash. This is why we say representation is important....just 1 black person (unless they were the "go along to get along" type) could have saved this company all this grief.

I disagree with you on what happened in the last 8 years. I certainly don't support every move Obama made and I agree the situation in Syria and Libya land squarely on him and Hillary. That being said I think the mere presence of a black man in the highest office brought up Americas ugly racism. Trump furthered this by playing into and speaking power to legit alt right white supremacists.

The other part I couldn't agree more.....I always considered myself liberal....but currently I'm embarrassed by the left. They want 75 different genders, current day feminists are fucking nuts, they promote this whole pussy, safe space, triggered bullshit. I don't identify with them....but the right disgusts me. So I'm politically homeless.

Don't know if you've seen, there is a singer, ginuwine, who was on a talk show. When asked if he would date a transgender he said no. The trans woman who asked him that then proceeds to put her arms around him and try to kiss him. He rejected her kiss....now he's being called transphobic....wtf? He doesn't have the right to not kiss someone? Isn't that what all this Hollywood stuff is supposed to be about? Consent and power? He didn't consent and then she tried to use her power to shame him by labeling him transphobic. It's bullshit

I don't think every trump voter is racist.....lots of them are. Others just turned a blind eye as they may have liked some policies, some just hated Hillary so much they would have voted for anyone but her

I love bill burr and I agree he calls out the bullshit on both sides

Unfortunately politics in the us is like sports. People root for the home team. If you think about it there was very little policy discussion in the 2017 election. Most Americans (both sides) are pretty stupid and don't really care about policy.

Quote Originally Posted by bolsen View Post
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBreda View Post
    the truth is, EVERYONE is racist, in one way or another. To deny this is to lie.
    You seem rather trollish so I'm hesitant to respond but....are most people prejudice to some degree, sure. Being racist is something else.....but that is a pretty typical deflection

Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

Oso - I'm not ruling out the shock of a black in office. I believe there is another factor. The progressives went crazy. Nancy P lead the charge. Multi gender , environmental , social and just general social policy. I live in a liberal.paradise and have seen the ugly side for a long time. Old school hit the nail on the head when he said the progressives became the party of emotion.

It was a bad play by the far left to basically say smugly " if you are not for our policies you are a stump bigot". That put a ton of people off.

I think Obama was a damn good president. He had twice the pressure on him as any since maybe Lincoln. He was under a microscope to perform for both whites and blacks he had to be twice as good. He and Hillary fucked the dog in the middle East. Obama's biggest problem was that America was ready for him before he was ready for America. He was in the game long enough to have had a real grip on foreign policy. Relaying to much on Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon View Post
    Oso - I'm not ruling out the shock of a black in office. I believe there is another factor. The progressives went crazy. Nancy P lead the charge. Multi gender , environmental , social and just general social policy. I live in a liberal.paradise and have seen the ugly side for a long time. Old school hit the nail on the head when he said the progressives became the party of emotion.

It was a bad play by the far left to basically say smugly " if you are not for our policies you are a stump bigot". That put a ton of people off.

I think Obama was a damn good president. He had twice the pressure on him as any since maybe Lincoln. He was under a microscope to perform for both whites and blacks he had to be twice as good. He and Hillary fucked the dog in the middle East. Obama's biggest problem was that America was ready for him before he was ready for America. He was in the game long enough to have had a real grip on foreign policy. Relaying to much on Hillary.
    Agree with all of this. I think many people, like myself, who grew up as and identified as liberal feel alienated from the party for the reasons you state. I think domestically Obama did well. Foreign policy wise he sucked.....but I think all of the most recent presidents have sucked on foreign policy

Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

Agree with all of this. I think many people, like myself, who grew up as and identified as liberal feel alienated from the party for the reasons you state. I think domestically Obama did well. Foreign policy wise he sucked.....but I think all of the most recent presidents have sucked on foreign policy

I'm alienated and a bit disgusted by both parties. The extreme ends dominate both parties as they are the most vocal and most deeply ingrained.

I truly hope the most people are in the middle of both ends. I'd like to think that at least. The recent goings on in Alabama does have me rethinking that however.

Another party or parties may be a pipe dream at this point. The money won't allow it. In the big picture it's all about the money. Life time Politicians on both sides are lining their pockets. Playing on the base reactions of the populace to keep them in office.

I've been saying that for years. Obama's policies were good domestically and terrible internationally.

Training Log

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617