Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: No ones talking about the Porter, Fakhri Mubarak fight?

what is your guys opinion on the H&M add?

Look up On Bullshit by Frankfurt.

Quote Originally Posted by bigoso View Post
    I thought about this thread after hearing trumps latest racist ass remarks. I thought....is there anything this guy could say or do to make his supporters say "ok, he's a fucking racist"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That statement assumes that his supporters are not either openly or secretly racist as well. Because if they are, they would not have a problem with him also being a racist.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

"Why are we accepting immigrants from Haiti and other shithole countries in Africa"........only the latest of his racist tirades"

I mean im not sure how it's racist calling a place that's a third world country a shit hole? I'm from Toledo and it's a shithole. I'm sure you yourself have called those countries a "third world country" which basically means shit hole.

I don't think you have to be a racist to consider third-world countries 'shitholes.'
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    I don't think you have to be a racist to consider third-world countries 'shitholes.'
    So wouldnt calling him racist by him saying that make no logical sense?

I think it was him using the word African before shitholes that makes it borderline. There are plenty of shitholes in Latin America too, so this could be interpreted as being more disdainful of shitholes populated by blacks. Just my take.

MD Online Editor

Quote Originally Posted by bolsen View Post
    To be fair, there is no proof he actually said that. He's said plenty of stuff that isn't good, but he's also been accused of a lot of stuff that later comes out never happened.
    Fair point. Givens his tweets and other blunders it just sounds like something he would say

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool90 View Post
    what is your guys opinion on the H&M add?
    I've spent lots of money in the past at H&M for my son's clothes. They will not get any more of my money. I honestly don't think H&M thought "hey let's put out this racist ad and piss everyone off"....I think it shows how culturally clueless their staff and leadership must be. To think how many desks that went by and no one thought "hey this might be a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by tonyk View Post
    I mean im not sure how it's racist calling a place that's a third world country a shit hole? I'm from Toledo and it's a shithole. I'm sure you yourself have called those countries a "third world country" which basically means shit hole.
    We all recognize there are shitholes. His statement is racist for a number of reasons. Not only singling out Haiti and African countries (read:black) but suggesting we shouldn't take immigrants from those areas.....giving priority to other countries. People who come from these "shitholes" often tend to be some of the biggest patriots, because they've experienced horrible hardship in their home country. To suggest they don't contribute to America. Just as one example statistically Nigerians are one of the most educated immigrant populations

To take it a bit deeper, he makes these comments the day before the 8th anniversary of the earthquake in Haiti that killed upwards of 300k. Also if you know anything about the history of Haiti (super rich unique history) there is a reason Haiti is the way it is. In the last few years I've started reading more about Haiti, the revolution of 1804....it really is something else

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    I think it was him using the word African before shitholes that makes it borderline. There are plenty of shitholes in Latin America too, so this could be interpreted as being more disdainful of shitholes populated by blacks. Just my take.

MD Online Editor
    Yes

Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

Gotta be educated to pull off the prince scams.

Fair point. Givens his tweets and other blunders it just sounds like something he would say

I've spent lots of money in the past at H&M for my son's clothes. They will not get any more of my money. I honestly don't think H&M thought "hey let's put out this racist ad and piss everyone off"....I think it shows how culturally clueless their staff and leadership must be. To think how many desks that went by and no one thought "hey this might be a problem"

We all recognize there are shitholes. His statement is racist for a number of reasons. Not only singling out Haiti and African countries (read:black) but suggesting we shouldn't take immigrants from those areas.....giving priority to other countries. People who come from these "shitholes" often tend to be some of the biggest patriots, because they've experienced horrible hardship in their home country. To suggest they don't contribute to America. Just as one example statistically Nigerians are one of the most educated immigrant populations

To take it a bit deeper, he makes these comments the day before the 8th anniversary of the earthquake in Haiti that killed upwards of 300k. Also if you know anything about the history of Haiti (super rich unique history) there is a reason Haiti is the way it is. In the last few years I've started reading more about Haiti, the revolution of 1804....it really is something else

Yes

I think making a big deal about everything he says or does really detracts from fighting against the real issues he may cause. And lying about stuff he says or does exacerbates the problem. All his supporters have to do is expose the lie, and say everything is a lie. If I hadn't seen so many lies about him I'd believe this to be true, but I just can't trust the Democratic leaders to be honest at this point. It's the same with the Clintons. They're clearly corrupt, but trying to nail them all the time and coming up empty handed makes it difficult to get anyone to listen when they are caught.
    I went Camp Crystal Lake when I was younger.

Training Log

Just to be clear I'm not arguing it anything lol just having a discussion. But wouldn't them doing what they did prove to not be racist? I've seen many points made about this online. The thought is they are seeing the kid simply as a kid not a black kid. I would assume that is what the black community ultimately wants right? To be seen as a man/kid/woman and not a "black woman" "black man" or "black kid". Wouldn't them not doing the photo only make things worse cause they are seeing him as a black kid and how people might be sensitive. As opposed to what I think any race other than white wants is to simply be seen as a person and not a black or Asian person per say. I think the day the African community stops being upset about things like this ad would and stops pointing it out there would be less racial divide? Cause in a sense being upset makes it a race thing/ racial divide.

I hope I made this point but it's kinda difficult typing out on my phone.

i assume this shirt on anyone other than a black kid would be fine to you? So wouldn't it be yourself/others be creating a worse racial divide by doing so? Instead of just seeing him as a young kid wearing a shirt?

Trump is a racist. His track record going back a long way. He just not an idiot klans man racist. His refusal to rent or sell to blacks. That goes beyond a socioeconomic dislike. These people obviously had money to be able to consider a Trump property.

Trump plays to racists and the white working class who feel like they've been wronged for some time. It's a play out of Hitler's play book. Blame someone else. Play to the emotions of those living hand to mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon View Post
    Trump is a racist. His track record going back a long way. He just not an idiot klans man racist. His refusal to rent or sell to blacks. That goes beyond a socioeconomic dislike. These people obviously had money to be able to consider a Trump property.

Trump plays to racists and the white working class who feel like they've been wronged for some time. It's a play out of Hitler's play book. Blame someone else. Play to the emotions of those living hand to mouth.
    The similarities are chilling and just like the Germans at the time, many Americans like pitbull are okay with it if it benefits them or improves their situation.

Quote Originally Posted by bolsen View Post
    I think making a big deal about everything he says or does really detracts from fighting against the real issues he may cause. And lying about stuff he says or does exacerbates the problem. All his supporters have to do is expose the lie, and say everything is a lie. If I hadn't seen so many lies about him I'd believe this to be true, but I just can't trust the Democratic leaders to be honest at this point. It's the same with the Clintons. They're clearly corrupt, but trying to nail them all the time and coming up empty handed makes it difficult to get anyone to listen when they are caught.
    I agree with you.....I'm also tired of all the fake outrage at every little thing he does. I take shit from friends and family for that. If he did say this, I don't think this is a small thing

Quote Originally Posted by tonyk View Post
    Just to be clear I'm not arguing it anything lol just having a discussion. But wouldn't them doing what they did prove to not be racist? I've seen many points made about this online. The thought is they are seeing the kid simply as a kid not a black kid. I would assume that is what the black community ultimately wants right? To be seen as a man/kid/woman and not a "black woman" "black man" or "black kid". Wouldn't them not doing the photo only make things worse cause they are seeing him as a black kid and how people might be sensitive. As opposed to what I think any race other than white wants is to simply be seen as a person and not a black or Asian person per say. I think the day the African community stops being upset about things like this ad would and stops pointing it out there would be less racial divide? Cause in a sense being upset makes it a race thing/ racial divide.

I hope I made this point but it's kinda difficult typing out on my phone.

i assume this shirt on anyone other than a black kid would be fine to you? So wouldn't it be yourself/others be creating a worse racial divide by doing so? Instead of just seeing him as a young kid wearing a shirt?
    Oh no....I know we're just having a discussion. TBH I think what our country needs is to have more of these discussions....and that's not happening. Everyone is in their own echo chamber.

Yes, the black community wants to be as humans but imo that doesn't mean erasing identity. The world over everyone knows "monkey" is a term that's been used as derogatory for blacks. Soccer is the most popular sport in the world, and when they want to disrespect a black footballer anywhere in the world what do they do? Throw bananas on the field. There is simply no way around that history

So to me it's not about widening a racial divide....it's about you're not gonna disrespect me and continue to get my money. H&M can do whatever they like.....they can just do it without my money

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon View Post

Chappelle talked about that in his new special. I believe it was Lyndon b Johnson that said "if you can convince the lowest white man that he is better than the best colored man he won't notice you picking his pockets.Hell, give him someone to look down on and he'll empty his pockets for you"

Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

Yes

im still on the fence about the H&M Thing because that photo goes through so many People and i cant believe that each one of the is Racist. also if im not mistake the full Picture had a White kid next to him with some jungle print on his shirt too. however, this wouldnt be the first time a Company would make an "edgy" Statement or Commercial for Publicity. a really uncomfortable Situation especially with the current political Situation in america. like you said, the People at H&M who are responsible for this certainly are clueless.

the whole shithole controversy is also very hard to judge. trump for sure made Statements in the past that offended People and it sounds like something he would say but i dont want to judge anyone if there is no prove backing up what the media Reports. he has a track record of saying fucked up Things, like when he made fun of someone who is handicapped.

here is my opinion on what happened during the last 9 years in america. People (White, black, hispanic and asian) rooted for Obama. he is well spoken and comes across like a nice Person. yes we can was a movement. lets Change this Country and bring the People together. the pressure on Obama was higher than on any other president to bring change. expectations were so high that any mistake he did was Held to a different Standard than what other presidents did. he has done good (economy, Environment and unemployment went down) and he also made mistakes. he is very much responsible for the ongoing crisis in the middle east and North africa. after 8 years of Obama americans ended up with clinton vs trump. both controversial. trump says Things that arent considered pc, a big draw for a lot of People because lets be honest, pc has gone crazy. i always thought i was liberal but i just dont find myself represented by any political Party anmore in Germany, i think the same issue is going on in america. People lose their Jobs and get beat up for saying there are only 2 sexes, male and female. this is insane. i have no Problem with trans People. homosexuals, whatever you want to be if it is legal but when someone transexual suggests that men who dont want to have sex with transexuals are homophobe i feel like we live in bizarro world. in the past the left used to argue with Facts against the right who relied on emotions. this has changed a lot and thats why the left becomes less believeable. People on the roght have learned how to argue with Facts.

i dont think every trump voter is a racist or dumb. i think a lot just thought what he said was funny and not pc, so lets go for him. a good amount are racist and idiots but the trump movement does not just come from that because a lot of White People voted for Obama 9 and 5 years ago and more old guys have died since then. so technically there should be less racists, but that is just my Observation as an outsider who is White. i could be wrong because i always hope that we make Progress.

do you know bill Burr? i tend to share his opinions on a lot of Topics.

i think he is what i would considere the middle when it omes to politics. he sees the bad in both. if the media simply reported against trump and hillary with fact instead of emotions, trump and hilary probably would have lost to lets say gil stein.

I agree with you.....I'm also tired of all the fake outrage at every little thing he does. I take shit from friends and family for that. If he did say this, I don't think this is a small thing

Oh no....I know we're just having a discussion. TBH I think what our country needs is to have more of these discussions....and that's not happening. Everyone is in their own echo chamber.

Yes, the black community wants to be as humans but imo that doesn't mean erasing identity. The world over everyone knows "monkey" is a term that's been used as derogatory for blacks. Soccer is the most popular sport in the world, and when they want to disrespect a black footballer anywhere in the world what do they do? Throw bananas on the field. There is simply no way around that history

So to me it's not about widening a racial divide....it's about you're not gonna disrespect me and continue to get my money. H&M can do whatever they like.....they can just do it without my money

Chappelle talked about that in his new special. I believe it was Lyndon b Johnson that said "if you can convince the lowest white man that he is better than the best colored man he won't notice you picking his pockets.Hell, give him someone to look down on and he'll empty his pockets for you"

I haven't watched Chappelle. Now I will tonight. Johnson was an interesting case. I'm really doubting his benevolent intent. He created the modern welfare state. I really believe it was to tie poor people to the democrats ensuring their vote. Oddly enough his statement is actually taken from the British about their policy in Northern Ireland.. divide conquer and ensure the vote.
    Last edited by thegoon; January 13th, 2018 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donflex View Post
    The similarities are chilling and just like the Germans at the time, many Americans like pitbull are okay with it if it benefits them or improves their situation.
    It's scary. Trump has playing on fear and putting a few extra bucks in people's pockets. Muslims are only fueling his fire by calling for sharia law in places they are the majority of population.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast