Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Interview w David Otero, promoter of Mr. Olympia Amateur South America

Default Interview w David Otero, promoter of Mr. Olympia Amateur South America

EXPO FITNESS MEDELLIN COLOMBIA2018...THE BEST SPORTS FESTIVAL
    DAVID OTEROAND JORGE QUIROZ: THE “BINOMIO DE ORO / 'GOLDEN DYNAMIC DUO'” OFSPORTS MARKETING.

BY MARIANNY RONDON SANDERSON.

Whenwe think about the word “Binomio de oro” we are not referring to that Vallenatomusic group from Colombia, we are just using that expression to give thatneeded connotation to a group composed of two big entrepreneurs in this new'global market age,' and who, in a way, with their sense of social and humanresponsibility, are revolutionizing all the fitness and sport industry inefforts to take it to a superlative level for the benefit of all of thecommunity as a whole.

When we speak about the BINOMIO DE ORO (Golden Binomial),without a doubt we are referring to Algebra. We mean two units made up of thatprecious metal called gold and this is perfect for the context about thisarticle since it is the exact and honest association between David Otero andJorge Quiroz, two people that are worth millions, that has resulted in thatGOLDEN TEAM we mentioned before.

A HIGHKARAT VENEZUELAN IN THE MANAGING THE FINANCIAL WORLD

We are pleased to introduce a business icon to you, theVenezuelan Entrepreneur, David Otero, who possesses extensive insight andfinancial expertise in any type of industry he sets his mind to. As a anAmerican patriot and true Venezuelan at heart, it is a great honor to sharewith you some of the many goals achieved by our fellow citizen, David Otero. Inthe course of his vast and fruitful experiences during his business career, hehas always been down to earth and never has never been dazzled by materialgains or let his life revolve around them.
    Hiswonderful visionary and humanitarian ability make him able to see and gofurther than others in his field, that desire to leave a legacy to humanity,that huge interest to be a contributing as well as a positive member to societyhas made Mr. David Otero a major sports and health promoter.
    He has putall his knowledge and experience joined in perfect harmony together with hishumanitarian spirit to social service of what is today the "apple of hiseye." And what is the current driving cause of his current mission?- THE MEDELLIN-COLOMBIA EXPO FITNESS.

STRENGTH THROUGH UNITY EQUALS SUCCESS
    If there is something that David Otero and Jorge Quiroz have learnedfrom the beginning is that the most important thing in our life in earth isbeing able to "combine passion into unity, which createssuccess," and that has been the perfect formula of this dynamic duo.Both, moved by the same passion, combined efforts and ideas to create EXPOFITNESS

INTERNATIONALSPORTS & WELLNESS BUSINESS EXPO

David Otero saw his own reflection in Jorge Quiroz, as if he were lookingat himself in a mirror, a reflection of his life. Apart from becoming hispartner and friend, he also had 25 years of extensive and long-windedexperience in the sports industry and he would not let this opportunity passhim up for anything in the world.

Otero states "That is why we say that opportunity comes once in alife time, and wise is the one who knows how to take cease the opportuniy, butin this story, both were wise, one complemented and supported the other, andthat has been evidenced by their actions along their businesspartnership." Additionally he boldly says "The ideacamein 2013, over lunch with Jorge (Quiroz) when we decided to go into the marketof healthy beverages since we could see that consumers did not have goodoptions, on the contrary, the market was being inundated with energy drinks badfor your health as well as the sugary beverages already popular, that werefilled with toxic ingredients. It was then that we started to develop theidea of a Expo, but we deviated from that initial goal and we held our firstdrink expo in Medellín-Colombia and the next year, in 2014, we started thefitness expo completely focused on healthy sports and wellness to be able toinclude the different segments that make up a healthy lifestyle and to take thebest components of all the expos we have visited around the world toLatin-America, starting with the beautiful city of Medellín.” Thesestatements explain the humble beginnings of the famous Expo Fitness heldin Colombia, in the capital of the Department of Antioquia, in the city thatwell deserves the name of “City of the Endless Spring”, which is Medellín.

These champions of the sports industry are constantly taking challengesand reinventing themselves to keep on growing. Otero shares, “Every year,we have to face different challenges that make us stronger and at the same timeopen our eyes to new business opportunities. To me, there are no obstacles ordifficulties that cannot be resolved in an intelligent and wise way, if you arehealthy. This year as many of you know, we have been the target ofmany attacks after deciding to strengthen our activity at the Olympia, in my opinion,this is the best thing that has happened to us because it has taught usto take charge of certain activities that before we had executed through otherentities in which did follow through on what they said they would last year.Now through our newly acquired expertise, we can also help more athletes andcommercial brands globally to achieve their goals, we will be also able toinvest more to make our own event better everyyear. My goals are to continue growing my events and expand them tomore countries who need events that will truly promote their local economy. Ibelieve in creating true partnerships with the international media and theoriginal IFBB Pro League and it's appreciated President, "JimManion;" in an honest and substantial way”.

How does David manage balance between your business and personallife?
    To tell youthe truth, Marianny, I have been a workaholic since I was veryyoung. I would work more than 12 hours per day, attending my differentbusiness, including Saturdays when I work only for 5 hours and as the company’sleader, I like being an example to my team and helping them improve andreaching their goals. I am single, and I do know that when I decide to start afamily, things will change and there will definitely be a harmonious balance,but for now, I am enjoying every minute of what I am doing because I havealways chosen jobs that I am passionate about.”

FITNESS INTERNATIONALSPORTS & WELLNESS BUSINESS EXPO.

The Expo Fitness Medellín, Colombia represents the most significantProject created and managed up to now by this Golden Duo composed of DavidOtero and Jorge Hernán Quiroz.
    The fifthedition of this sports marketing jewel that has continuously been madeavailable to the public will be held on February 16-18, 2018.
    Such bigevent will include an upscale area which is perfect for it, "TheInternational Convention and Expo Center Plaza Mayor, Medellín" willhold this multicolor and sports festival.
    It is worthmentioning that Plaza Mayor has held national and international events such asthe OEA General Assembly, the BID General Assembly, Colombia Moda, Colombiatex,Expocamacol and Feria de las Ruedas. All this makes this city a hub attractingaspects of economy, business and tourism, including medical tourism.
    The famouscenter can hold all the attendees comfortably:
    -ThePalacio de Exposiciones has a 50,000-square meter hall as well as a12,000-square meter indoor area distributed in four large halls joined by acentral hall.
    It can holdseveral independent events simultaneously.
    -Thiscenter holds fairs and expos. It partners with the International Association ofFairs of America, (AFIDA) and its operations comply with NTC-ISO 9001, version2000.
    -Thanks toits location, you can go by:
    Metro: bothAlpujarra and Exposiciones stations are close to Plaza Mayor and have signs tomake it easier for visitors to reach the hall.
    Metro plus: PlazaMayor station has direct Access to Plaza Interamericana and at the same time,it allows connection to the administrative center La Alpujarra.
    Privatetransportation: Plaza Mayor has 730 parking spots distributed in areasaccording to each exhibit hall. These parking buildings are fully available foreach one of the events.
    Bicycle: thecity has bike lanes that allow access to Plaza Mayor through Av. San Juan.There are also 100 bicycle parking racks free of charge available foreverybody.
    Thanks tothe Duty-Free service available, our customers will have Access tointernational merchandize for their projects, events, fairs, exhibitions orcommercial samples.
    All thesemain benefits will be offered and available to you at Plaza Mayor whenattending the EXPO FITNESS MEDELLIN 2018.

THE EXPOFITNESS MEDELLIN 2018 will be, as usual, a place that willgather the major exponents of fitness and sports at national and internationallevel to display the best products of health and wellness for those supportinga fit lifestyle.
    With thissports fair, we intend to bring Latin America and the rest of the worldtogether, as shown in this slogan:
    “ExpoFitness, we are Latin America’s leading commercial sports and fitness window.”
    Themultidisciplinary activities of this sports festival will allow companies andbrands to show the best of them and to display all their avant-garde productionfor export to consolidate this health and sports industry even more.
    We shouldnot forget to mention that the Expo fitness will hold the South America IFBBPro League Olympia, this is as good as it gets!

FOLLOW THE EVENTS OF THE EXPOFITNESS MEDELLIN-COLOMBIA 2018 ON WWW.MDLATINO.COM…KITSANDERSON, EDITOR AND CHEIF AND HIS TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS WILL COVERING WITHEVENT LIVE.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

This is a very important event for bodybuilding, here ARE 10REASONS why:

- This will be the largest IFBB Amateur Show in LatinAmerica for 2018, The Mr. Olympia Amateur South America
    - This event is NPC Sanctioned and open to all cities aroundthe world, YES USA TOO!
    - The Olympia Amateur will be awarding (3) pro-cards in theAbsolute Over-alls; Absolute and runners up 2 and 3, only AbsoluteOverall
    - IFBB Pro Judges will be judging the show and the IFBB ProLeague has officially launched in South America and worldwide
    - This is the first big show of the year - February 16th to18th, yes right before the Arnold
    - There are already 300 athletes signed up!
    - This is also a IFBB Pro Event, THE SHERU CLASSIC will havecompetitors like Danny Hester and Sergi Constance competing.
    Classic Bodybuilding, Men'sPhysique, and Bikini divisions. The Sheru Classic is a Olympia Proqualifier
    - Jim Manion will probably be there.
    - 6 Pavillons of fitness madness
    - MD Latino WILL LIVESTREAMING THE WHOEL EVENT PRO ANDAMATEUR !!!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"