Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ask Ron Harris Ep. 25 - Do the YouTube guys deserve to have an opinion?

Administrator

Default Ask Ron Harris Ep. 25 - Do the YouTube guys deserve to have an opinion?

Yeah in a free society where we have for instance in the United States a First Amendment protecting free speech it should be expected that anyone with an internet connection that can make a youtube video with skype or post up cellphone video on youtube can and will have a voice. The gatekeepers at newspapers, magazines, radio and television networks have to balance dealing with protecting sources, industry insiders and sponsor sensitivities, etc while at the same time competing with these unfiltered personalities on youtube that have on the whole a larger voice in the industry without ever buying the first ticket to an event, purchasing a magazine or buying a sponsors product.
    The old gatekeepers just have to continue evolving and make the best of it.

the youtube guys are now crying that youtube is taking away some of there ad revenue for there bullshit videos..
    the only one putting out good content is Lord Jason Genova and his Piss Troopers

Absolutely. Everyone deserves an opinion. Now, if that opinion actually matter is up to the intelligence of the people listening. But fuck censorship.
    -------------------------------
    let him who is without slin cast the first stone

Hey Ron, where is the text version of this Ask Ron episode? I have some down time and would like to read it. Thank you sir!
    Youre an amateur. In every sense. -Chick to TonyK

Quote Originally Posted by Bully God View Post
    Hey Ron, where is the text version of this Ask Ron episode? I have some down time and would like to read it. Thank you sir!
    Very funny
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Luimarco says he won’t interview someone who swears as if he is some moral guardian. However when deciding whether to put ads on a YouTube video (which will help monetise it), it monitors and assesses a video using a prog. The colours of the thumbnails, the words in the description are all part of it. However, it is reported that they can quickly scan a video for swearing. If it has swearing, the chance of ads diminish.
    D E S T R O Y

I would not have cursed once!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

With clicked on ads, people who view the whole video, people can make a living off of YouTube.

To answer the original question, yes everybody deserves an opinion. But that doesn’t mean your opinion will be valued or respected by those that hold weight.
    D E S T R O Y

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeUK View Post
    Luimarco says he won’t interview someone who swears as if he is some moral guardian. However when deciding whether to put ads on a YouTube video (which will help monetise it), it monitors and assesses a video using a prog. The colours of the thumbnails, the words in the description are all part of it. However, it is reported that they can quickly scan a video for swearing. If it has swearing, the chance of ads diminish.
    He's a douche

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon View Post
    He's a douche
    And a skinny, ugly cunt.
    D E S T R O Y

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Yes! Times are changing fast and the old guard can adapt or be left in the dust!

Youtubers and instagramers made their name off of other people's work. Using photos and videos that don't belong to them, rarely giving credit to photographers or media outlets. They should spend their own money to go and take photos/videos. ONLY THEN they will have the right to call themselves something of value. Photographers, videographers and media outlets that have had their work taken advantage of, can very easily file copyright claims with YouTube and Instagram and take those videos/content down. This is the proper way to deal with these social media people who make money off of other people's hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeUK View Post
    And a skinny, ugly cunt.
    Yes those too

Little Guy

Great video Ron,you know I have attended the last 3 Olympia’s and the Arnold last year and have enjoyed it immensely.
    lately I have been losing interest because of all the negativity and bashing of YouTube personalities,the bullshit coming out of RX continuely bashing MD and others has really put me off the whole sport.Everything changes and everybody deserves an opinion like it or not,whilst I may not agree with everything they say Luimarco and others have their place and as you have said without them the sport would die.Thanks for doing a great job with your Ronline and ask Ron series,yours I will keep watching.
    John
    Auckland
    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    Yes! Times are changing fast and the old guard can adapt or be left in the dust!
    Yes that's true, but the old schmoe will always endure.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Ok totally agree about what you say into the video mr Harris, just for some questions I have about. As a blogger myself in Italy and have the most view FB page I know about what you say about free opinions and all are ok, I'm the 1st that want be free and don't think I need to compete for say somethings about Bb, and the new tech can help alot the BB... but what do you tell me how much these people lack respect towards the atelti, towards the star diq eusto sport without the slightest hesitation? like the guy who accused Centopani of having beaten him in the gym, years ago (at the end just a false script to discredit Centopani, btw)... or Cisternino years ago..or the other one that say that now Bonac is rubbish? Where is respect for these guys? For these people? I always ispired from MD for create my articles, my interviews and my news, becasue i think this si the best way to do it....but don't find that "style" into guys like you nominated, so ok the opinions, but I think they must take more respect for the guys, and I see little of it from these, because the likes and the followers inflame their ego too much. IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast