Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Have deadlifts become the new bench press?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Exactly. I donít Care how much you lift, if you donít even look like you lift

Exactly. I'd rather be relatively weak, but look like a bodybuilder, than be skinny and strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Um, not in my case - did far more inclines than flat or declines -

so what was your Routine at the time of the photo? I have always found incline to be too much with delt Training. This is why I never trained ..chest,shoulders,Triceps in One Workout. Prefer decline then work shoulders seperate.

Chest always responded well for me, so my routines were never anything special. 4 work sets of either incline dumbbells or barbell, a Hammer flat press, and a pec flye or cable cross. That was it. Maybe I would add in another machine press.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

For a while I was training shoulders, then chest in the same workout, because my chest was as big as it needed to be, while delts are something I never feel can get too big and round. It did hurt my pressing movements for chest, but it didn't matter. At that phase I was really just maintaining my chest.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Banned

EMG studies showed less than 10% difference in recruiting different muscle fibers of the pec in flat, incline or decline. So it does not seems to make much difference in pec development. As long as you press heavy stuff, you should be fine. No matter the angle

Quote Originally Posted by Donny View Post
    so what was your Routine at the time of the photo? I have always found incline to be too much with delt Training. This is why I never trained ..chest,shoulders,Triceps in One Workout. Prefer decline then work shoulders seperate.
    Try with a slightly lower angle . The set Angle in most gyms recruits too much front delt
    Out Of Pain Comes Glory

If Iím honest, flat bench has a higher risk factor than both incline or decline. I love flat bench as a pure old fashioned exercise, but the stronger you get, the riskier it becomes.
    D E S T R O Y

Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    EMG studies showed less than 10% difference in recruiting different muscle fibers of the pec in flat, incline or decline. So it does not seems to make much difference in pec development. As long as you press heavy stuff, you should be fine. No matter the angle
    According to these studies, and also according to Dorian, declined is the largest recruiter of chest fibers.
    ęHumanity has been led by failures.Ľ

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeUK View Post
    If Iím honest, flat bench has a higher risk factor than both incline or decline. I love flat bench as a pure old fashioned exercise, but the stronger you get, the riskier it becomes.
    Yes , pausing each rep like a powerlifting meet , keeping mobility and flexibility can greatly mitigate the risks (of tears at least) but completely agree decline and incline safer
    Out Of Pain Comes Glory

Quote Originally Posted by WTDoom View Post
    Try with a slightly lower angle . The set Angle in most gyms recruits too much front delt
    Yes this is true... i see a some people doing incline press in the smith machine using a bench that inclines to various angles. The incline benches are set in our Gym..you can only adjust the seat. I am a big fan of Parallel bar dips..have no V-bars in the Gym old school style. Have seen a video of a guy using a power rack & two Olympic bars to make the V bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Donny View Post
    Yes this is true... i see a some people doing incline press in the smith machine using a bench that inclines to various angles. The incline benches are set in our Gym..you can only adjust the seat. I am a big fan of Parallel bar dips..have no V-bars in the Gym old school style. Have seen a video of a guy using a power rack & two Olympic bars to make the V bars.
    I actually use slightly under 45degrees
    Out Of Pain Comes Glory

Quote Originally Posted by WTDoom View Post
    I actually use slightly under 45degrees
    This is the best, incline,flat,decline... got a good bench at home but it does not decline. I was using a thick block of wood to decline it for flys. primitive but works. pressing i only do in the gym for safety reasons.
    b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg

I think rack deadlifts have as opposed to regular deadlift. Far easier to produce an Instagram blasting poundage if you cut out the shitty hard bit of the rep. Me. Prefer bent over rows. Pretty much every time I flat bench nowadays something pretty much feels like it’s about to go.
    I agree on rack pulls being the rage on IG. In reality, they are more of a spinal compressor versus a back developer and most make them more of a partial squat movement.
    Cyberpump! - The Home of High Intensity Training (HIT) - http://www.cyberpump.com

If I’m honest, flat bench has a higher risk factor than both incline or decline. I love flat bench as a pure old fashioned exercise, but the stronger you get, the riskier it becomes.
    It all depends on how you do it. Benching with powerlifting technique is far safer than traditional bodybuilding technique.
    instagram @naturalguy1
    instagram @universalusa

Quote Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    It all depends on how you do it. Benching with powerlifting technique is far safer than traditional bodybuilding technique.
    Great post
    Out Of Pain Comes Glory

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345