Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ask Ron Episode 28 - How Do I Get Big Legs?

Default Ask Ron Episode 28 - How Do I Get Big Legs?

Yep.
    Great Ask Ron video.
    It's Genetics...Genetics...Genetics.

In example.

Last edited by Daibhí O'Buadain; January 21st, 2018 at 12:40 PM.

This Ask Ron episode is a gold mine.

That comment about leg extensions causing knee pain
    I learned that one the hard way.
    I learned that locking my knee in a fixed position on a leg extension machine, locking out at the top of a leg extension and using a heavy weight on a leg extension was a great recipe for causing knee problems.

The quads on that cyclist just freak me out every time I see them.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Muscle Head

Hi Ron, how are you?

Some further questions for you:

1. After watching your very good interview with the Anabolic Doctor, has anything he said put you off taking steroids again if you decide to compete in the future?
    2. Which things most annoy you when you are at the gym?
    3. How will your training change from how you train now to how it will be when, and if, you compete again?
    4. I am a similar age to you, 50 this year. What keeps you motivated to keep training at this age?

Cheers,

Glen

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post

Thanks for those!

MD Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Like this? p4pb9090766.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpig View Post
    Like this? p4pb9090766.jpg
    All I see is a glorious booty.

Cool vid Ron,

I am also one of those guys who does better at paralell and also with front squats

Good video Ron.

We have a track here that is an indoor cycling race track, you know, the Olympia oval with the wood base going up the wall. Anyways, it also has a walking track on the top (4th level) that is open to the public a certain times of the year for recreational use for an annual fee.

I will go there sometimes to do 30-45 minutes cardio as I like actually moving for a change instead of being stagnant on a treadmill in the cold winters up here. Some of those guys have massive quads and calves, it is beyond the point of ridiculous. They will walk the track sometimes to cool down or whatever and it's mind blowing walking by them and seeing the size of their legs. They are people that race and train for the Olympics and International Competition. These pics are Germans but I have seen some guys like this up here just outside of Toronto.

"Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated."

Quote Originally Posted by Vin77 View Post
    Good video Ron.

We have a track here that is an indoor cycling race track, you know, the Olympia oval with the wood base going up the wall. Anyways, it also has a walking track on the top (4th level) that is open to the public a certain times of the year for recreational use for an annual fee.

I will go there sometimes to do 30-45 minutes cardio as I like actually moving for a change instead of being stagnant on a treadmill in the cold winters up here. Some of those guys have massive quads and calves, it is beyond the point of ridiculous. They will walk the track sometimes to cool down or whatever and it's mind blowing walking by them and seeing the size of their legs. They are people that race and train for the Olympics and International Competition. These pics are Germans but I have seen some guys like this up here just outside of Toronto.

One of the guys who works at the sober house I used to live in cycles several hundred km a week on his racing bike around the greater toronto area, year around(outdoors when there is not too much snow, ice), inddor bike during the snow/ice times.

Has no upper body whatsoever, yet has these legs that look as good as any comeptitive bodybuilder, teardrops and sweep like Bob Chick, demay etc

Insane.

reminds me of when I was young and the guy who did our landscaping and whom I also wokred with at my first job, chest back shoulers and 18 inch arms muscular, and dense that he dis not lift a fucking weight.

Those olympic sprint cyclists still do a lot of heavy squats. 2 hour workouts twice a week focussing mainly on squat variations, deads and core muscles was what one gold medallist was doing.

All I see is a glorious booty.
    I never saw below the waist
    D E S T R O Y

Speed skaters also have some of the biggest legs of any athletes, especially in proportion to their upper bodies.

I was fortunate to come from a region rich in early bodybuilding history (SoCal). I didn't realize it at the time, but I was surrounded by BB legends: Boyer Coe, Shawn Ray, Dennis Newman, Debbie Muggli, Mary Roberts, Sue Gafner, JJ Marsh, Sandy Riddel, Rory Leidelmeyer and so many others. But there was a lesser known female BB who trained at my gym in 1985...her name was Chris Porter. She had HUGE quads. She was a speed skater turned bodybuilder. Keep in mind the era...that was when the gals looked like Rachel McLish (which was an AWESOME look btw). She was the female version of Tom Platz back then. Anyway, I do agree that genetics plays a big role, but you simply cannot deny the results of those speed skaters, sprint bikers, and elite sprinters. Fast twitch beasts. WPW-763-1.jpg

I'm going to start taking spin class. A chance at bigger legs and a room full of fit chicks, win win

Quote Originally Posted by swaminator View Post
    I was fortunate to come from a region rich in early bodybuilding history (SoCal). I didn't realize it at the time, but I was surrounded by BB legends: Boyer Coe, Shawn Ray, Dennis Newman, Debbie Muggli, Mary Roberts, Sue Gafner, JJ Marsh, Sandy Riddel, Rory Leidelmeyer and so many others. But there was a lesser known female BB who trained at my gym in 1985...her name was Chris Porter. She had HUGE quads. She was a speed skater turned bodybuilder. Keep in mind the era...that was when the gals looked like Rachel McLish (which was an AWESOME look btw). She was the female version of Tom Platz back then. Anyway, I do agree that genetics plays a big role, but you simply cannot deny the results of those speed skaters, sprint bikers, and elite sprinters. Fast twitch beasts. WPW-763-1.jpg
    Surprised I never heard of her!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast