Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My Guestposing comeback Tour

Quote Originally Posted by ben1 View Post
    Howard, thank you very much, I take it and run with it.............................
    Just saw the video of the guest posing .
    Here's my 2 cents:

1. You look thick and massive with enough conditioning for guest posing.
    2. Quads are BIG with nice sweep and shape.
    3. You don't need the Phantom mask or the quick jerky "dance moves".
    Pose with flare and use sweeping dramatic transitions. You're a big man, like Arnold.
    You don't need props or gimmicks.

You're a VERY impressive bodybuilder that's close to my age. THat's f'n impressive.
    It's your call, but, you NEED to compete again. You'd kick ass in an over 50 masters div.
    Last edited by Howard; February 3rd, 2018 at 03:11 PM.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Hi Howard, thank you for all your compliments, really appreciated!!!
    Let me do this step by step. I know myself, if I say now, OK I will compete, it will instantly put pressure on me because if I compete I want to win and the lowest show I would do would be a National show or better. Let's see how it goes, step by step, thanks again!! Never say never.
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    Just saw the video of the guest posing .
    Here's my 2 cents:

1. You look thick and massive with enough conditioning for guest posing.
    2. Quads are BIG with nice sweep and shape.
    3. You don't need the Phantom mask or the quick jerky "dance moves".
    Pose with flare and use sweeping dramatic transitions. You're a big man, like Arnold.
    You don't need props or gimmicks.

You're a VERY impressive bodybuilder that's close to my age. THat's f'n impressive.
    It's your call, but, you NEED to compete again. You'd kick ass in an over 50 masters div.

OK, where is that coming from? I am not in the UK and I have never lived there either! I have houses in the US and Mexico and I go back and forth. I am never bloated! No bloodwork done at this time. Next week 500mg per week. No changes of my diet until I make the real diet! Thank you
    Nothing was meant out if disrespect. I think I got you confused with GeorgeUK for some reason.

Bloodwork might be a good idea at some point, especially at age 57. But you have been doing this a long time, so know far more than myself.

If you don't do bloodwork, don't take an AI, and "never" bloat, you'll never know what your estrogen is doing.

I hope you stay healthy and enjoy the journey / experience.

No worries man, yes healthy is the word!!! Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroesFall View Post
    Nothing was meant out if disrespect. I think I got you confused with GeorgeUK for some reason.

Bloodwork might be a good idea at some point, especially at age 57. But you have been doing this a long time, so know far more than myself.

If you don't do bloodwork, don't take an AI, and "never" bloat, you'll never know what your estrogen is doing.

I hope you stay healthy and enjoy the journey / experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVPEYya_tV4 Legs update comeback posing tour, no heavy squats possible , 145 pounds for reps, that is it, bad knees! Muscle mind connection so important for me.

that is some crazy leg development for a 57 year old, and 145lbs squats proves that this who you need to go heavy still after years of training is not necessary.

Ron should do a Ronline with you

Hi Nelson and thank you. I used to do 4 sets heavy squats 6 reps, 3 sets heavy leg press 6 reps, 3 sets heavy hack squats 6 reps and 8 leg extension 30 reps.
    Now with my limitation I do 10 sets squats super slow muscle mind connection 6 reps, 5 hack squats 8 reps with 50 pounds, 5 sets leg press 6 reps with 300 pounds all super slow and 6 sets leg extensions 15 reps, twice a week. I want to see how good I can look this Summer at 57.
    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    that is some crazy leg development for a 57 year old, and 145lbs squats proves that this who you need to go heavy still after years of training is not necessary.

Ron should do a Ronline with you

What you do when you have some time in between your Guest posing comeback tour at 57, you eat a big breakfast check your abs in bed, get up, check your legs https://youtu.be/EF_ffBv8bsE and then you go to the Master Nationals and win!
    Attached Images Attached Images

What you do when you have some time in between your Guest posing comeback tour at 57, you eat a big breakfast check your abs in bed, get up, check your legs https://youtu.be/EF_ffBv8bsE and then you go to the Master Nationals and win!
    is this you ben? at 57?
    A white Toney Freeman would have 10 Olympias. If I could look like anyone I'd want to look like a prime Toney Freeman

Hi a.j. yes in the morning before I won the Master Nationals at 57, still traveling now, post some pics later, and do not let anybody tell you, you can't relive your past, why not? Is it harder? Fuck yes!! Hard as hell, 1 hour abs straight every morning but if you want something, just go for it, fuck age!!! I refuse to be old!
    Quote Originally Posted by a.j View Post
    is this you ben? at 57?

Jesus fuck! Amazing.
    D E S T R O Y

Hi Nelson and thank you. I used to do 4 sets heavy squats 6 reps, 3 sets heavy leg press 6 reps, 3 sets heavy hack squats 6 reps and 8 leg extension 30 reps.
    Now with my limitation I do 10 sets squats super slow muscle mind connection 6 reps, 5 hack squats 8 reps with 50 pounds, 5 sets leg press 6 reps with 300 pounds all super slow and 6 sets leg extensions 15 reps, twice a week. I want to see how good I can look this Summer at 57.
    I’m fifty three almost fifty four and like you my joints are not as they used to be. Like you I rely on methods of working the quads and hams without fucking the joints up - nothing below 20 reps on leg press, squat variation etc. Even then it’s often 1.5 reps = 1 rep, or slow or 21s style. Since I competed 20 years ago people do a lot more Ham work. This is paying dividends also. Genetically I’ve never been in your world, but never the less, you are spurring me on to my next 14 weeks. Thank you.
    D E S T R O Y

Quality and superior dryness!

But why did you do an hour of 1 hour abs? You have not done cardio?
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Outstanding Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeUK View Post
    I’m fifty three almost fifty four and like you my joints are not as they used to be. Like you I rely on methods of working the quads and hams without fucking the joints up - nothing below 20 reps on leg press, squat variation etc. Even then it’s often 1.5 reps = 1 rep, or slow or 21s style. Since I competed 20 years ago people do a lot more Ham work. This is paying dividends also. Genetically I’ve never been in your world, but never the less, you are spurring me on to my next 14 weeks. Thank you.
    Hi GeorgeUK, it will get tough and sometimes you wonder what the hell am I doing? Hang in there brother, you can do it!!! Good luck for your competition!

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    Quality and superior dryness!

But why did you do an hour of 1 hour abs? You have not done cardio?
    Hi Bet ona, yes I did cardio on non leg days, 4 times a week 40 minutes, more is not good when you older or your legs shrink fast!

The late Serge Nubret an old friend of mine did never cardio in his life but he did 1 hour straight abs in the morning and 1 hour at 6pm without any break.

I did 30 minutes in the morning and 30 at night. Pain in the ass ( or abs) but it works!

Thank you very much Daibhi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daibhí O'Buadain View Post
    Outstanding Ben.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast