Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INSULIN - BODYBUILDING MADNESS! Jacked to An Early Grave?

Default INSULIN - BODYBUILDING MADNESS! Jacked to An Early Grave?

Solid commentary, yet I wonder how many of the 'get huge now, worry about consequences later' crowd will listen?
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Great, great article!
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Freak of Nature

HELL YEAH!
    Bostin Lloyd might learn something by reading this after claiming in his video that insulin is the safest drug in bodybuilding. Glad to see Steve who has been at the helm here for decades and who knows what's been going on at the top of the industry over that period spoke up and pinned these words to digital paper!
    Last edited by MusclepapaJohn; February 7th, 2018 at 03:17 PM.

I cringed when Bostin said that because insulin is incredibly easy to use incorrectly. All it takes is someone who can't do simple calculations or to mistake iu' for cc's. and you could have a death resulting. No one ever died from injecting too large a dose of steroids at once. People die every day all over the world from injecting too much insulin, or not enough (diabetics).
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

All I know about health is that more insulin circulates through your body, the sooner you will die or more easily you contract all kinds of diseases.

Never even thought about touching that stuff!

As a diabetic I despise having to use it.

Steer clear, can ruin your physique and health. Not worth it.
    MD Muscle News Weekly Ep. 29- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfFHUMbUHI8

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    As a diabetic I despise having to use it.

Steer clear, can ruin your physique and health. Not worth it.
    agree, father and cousin were diabetic..
    watching them having to check there sugar level every day and inject insulin made me despise it..
    i see it as a bad shortcut for adding mass

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    agree, father and cousin were diabetic..
    watching them having to check there sugar level every day and inject insulin made me despise it..
    i see it as a bad shortcut for adding mass
    It is a pain mate yes but there have been upsides, I have no choice (if I want to feel good) but to eat super clean and stay on top of my cardio and weights.

Having to get that orange pen out when my levels are high isn't a happy feeling at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    I cringed when Bostin said that because insulin is incredibly easy to use incorrectly. All it takes is someone who can't do simple calculations or to mistake iu' for cc's. and you could have a death resulting. No one ever died from injecting too large a dose of steroids at once. People die every day all over the world from injecting too much insulin, or not enough (diabetics).
    I cringe when I see a lot of the stuff on social media as to our 'friendly world of enhancements' that does not fully spell out the risk of using enhancements.
    Makes no sense to state that insulin is easy to use and anyone using it not knowing what happens when it is injected and the risk.
    Anyone using any enhancement should take at least a community college course in physiology to understand what happens when they inject insulin or any other drug into their body.
    Last edited by Daibhí O'Buadain; February 8th, 2018 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Solid commentary, yet I wonder how many of the 'get huge now, worry about consequences later' crowd will listen?
    I can understand using steroids and HGH, but I always felt using insulin (and diuretics) was insane.
    I'm pretty sure 'roids and HGH won't risk putting one in a death spiral coma...insulin can.
    Diabetes is a serious disease and messing with insulin levels can put you down...for good.

I've done my share of risky, wild man stuff and always felt dumb afterwards.
    I've had a few times when I refrained, got called a pussy, but laugh that off.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhí O'Buadain View Post
    I cringe when I see a lot of the stuff on social media as to our 'friendly world of enhancements' that does not fully spell out the risk of using enhancements.
    Makes no sense to state that insulin is easy to use and anyone using it not knowing what happens when it is injected and the risk.
    Anyone using any enhancement should take at least a community college course in physiology to understand what happens when they inject insulin or any other drug into their body.
    I saw this one show on risky plastic surgery.
    They had some girls getting their booty injected with everything from hardware grade silicone to fix a flat from a can.
    Of course , they went into toxic shock and one died.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    I can understand using steroids and HGH, but I always felt using insulin (and diuretics) was insane.
    I'm pretty sure 'roids and HGH won't risk putting one in a death spiral coma...insulin can.
    Diabetes is a serious disease and messing with insulin levels can put you down...for good.

I've done my share of risky, wild man stuff and always felt dumb afterwards.
    I've had a few times when I refrained, got called a pussy, but laugh that off.
    Howard, insulin is the most abused drug in our sport! Fast acting insulin! Slow acting insulin! It's crazy! Bodybuilders eating tons of food with insulin does not provide quality muscle! Exogenous insulin abuse is not worth the health risk!! There are tons of data linking hyperinsulnemia to metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular disease and cancer!!

While still many "gurus" highly-recommend it, it's clearly killing the aesthetics and the lives of bodybuilders! Maybe with Classic Physique emphasizing small midsections it will downplay and discourage exogenous insulin abuse, high circulating insulin levels, enhance fat storage and abdominal obesity!!
    Steve Blechman, Publisher/Editor-in-Chief
    Facebook Twitter Instagram

Insulin 'bloats' the muscle, the body and the stomach!

But the athletes see the scale go up in the off-season and experience the insane pumps and think it's the way to go.

I remember a pretty good middleweight from a gym I used to train at, went up to 100kg, dieted down and the only actual size he'd gained was on his head and stomach.

Competed no heavier than the time before either. Just a protruding belly and mekon head.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Blechman View Post
    Howard, insulin is the most abused drug in our sport! Fast acting insulin! Slow acting insulin! It's crazy! Bodybuilders eating tons of food with insulin does not provide quality muscle! Exogenous insulin abuse is not worth the health risk!! There are tons of data linking hyperinsulnemia to metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular disease and cancer!!

While still many "gurus" highly-recommend it, it's clearly killing the aesthetics and the lives of bodybuilders! Maybe with Classic Physique emphasizing small midsections it will downplay and discourage exogenous insulin abuse, high circulating insulin levels, enhance fat storage and abdominal obesity!!
    Once again, you are telling like it "actually is" within the sport of bodybuilding.
    Ya know Steve, I've always respected you for keeping MD in step with the realities inside bodybuilding.
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Blechman View Post
    There are tons of data linking hyperinsulnemia to metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular disease and cancer!!!
    Basically, they are shortening years of life at a very large rate.

It's good to see you really cares about the long-term health of these guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast