Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 91 Arnold Classic Winner

That's Todd Christiansen.. former Oakland Raider. YouTube ASC page has all the old shows starting from 1st yr.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

^^ This is good HD quality.. notice at 16:00 Arnold talks about the waist sticking out on Aaron Baker.. something not as noticeable back then and he was able to point it out. Says waist shouldn't protrude past chest.

This is standard criteria judge's should enforce.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    Good times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nasser would come along in 96,97 and 98 to wipe that smile off Rays face..
    deep down i know Ray knew he was getting dwarfed and EL Sonbatty deserved it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dave415 View Post
    ^^ This is good HD quality.. notice at 16:00 Arnold talks about the waist sticking out on Aaron Baker.. something not as noticeable back then and he was able to point it out. Says waist shouldn't protrude past chest.

It confuse me how, on one side, we have the most iconic competitor ever disapproving big guts. On the other side, we have judges who do not give a single fuck and, by their lack of actions, encourage gut proliferation. Hence why the 2010's quality of physique isnt even close to the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    Nasser would come along in 96,97 and 98 to wipe that smile off Rays face..
    deep down i know Ray knew he was getting dwarfed and EL Sonbatty deserved it
    Nasser Dwarfed Everybody.
    I got in his ass at the 96 Olympia.
    After 99 his body was shot up with more shit than a Chad Nichols Athlete!
    Oh wait, he was a Chad Nichols athlete.
    Doesnít look like it was worth it.
    RIP ✌🏽

Quote Originally Posted by dave415 View Post

I know Kinic get a lot of shit in general about gut comments, but I have to agree with you, him and Arnold - you got noticable gut and even getting it sticking out past chest - ypu should be severely punished!!! Next year you will make changes and bring better physique and even maybe your health will be better...

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    Nasser Dwarfed Everybody.
    I got in his ass at the 96 Olympia.
    After 99 his body was shot up with more shit than a Chad Nichols Athlete!
    Oh wait, he was a Chad Nichols athlete.
    Doesn’t look like it was worth it.
    RIP ✌

Freudian slip.

Jesse Ventura.

With one of the coolest one liner's ever in Predator...

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    It confuse me how, on one side, we have the most iconic competitor ever disapproving big guts. On the other side, we have judges who do not give a single fuck and, by their lack of actions, encourage gut proliferation. Hence why the 2010's quality of physique isnt even close to the 90's.
    Every guy competing now doesn’t have a gut. Stop watching if you don’t like the product.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spasatel View Post
    I know Kinic get a lot of shit in general about gut comments, but I have to agree with you, him and Arnold - you got noticable gut and even getting it sticking out past chest - ypu should be severely punished!!! Next year you will make changes and bring better physique and even maybe your health will be better...

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk
    Yes. They can't send a "belly ban" one year and then make Phil Heath the champion the next. Thats like when your angry wife tells you that nothing is wrong. A plain lie.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    Stop watching if you donít like the product.
    That's what they kept saying about female bodybuilding too and look how popular and alive it is today.

BTW, the problems inside female bodybuilding started many years before its disappearance, the incident with Paula Bircumshaw at the AC 1992 and Ms. International was just the foreshadowing of its death, it all starts around the 18:00 mark

I wonder what happened to Renel Janvier, came 2nd in the 1991 Arnold then 10th in the 1992 Arnold then disappeared from the contest scene. He was awesome! Freaky biceps and crazy shredded Bumcheeks ha ha. (Sick of my autocorrect changing 'glutes' to 'flutes')

I still sometimes follow his bicep routine of ten straight sets of JUST barbell curls and that's it. Alllll these years later.

I saw Selwin cottrel at pinks gym as a kid . He was mindblowingly wide from the back . He was off season but still lean , was proper huge . Blew my mind
    Out Of Pain Comes Glory

Quote Originally Posted by WTDoom View Post
    I saw Selwin cottrel at pinks gym as a kid . He was mindblowingly wide from the back . He was off season but still lean , was proper huge . Blew my mind
    Do you remember that amazing BACK of his? Fookin' 'ell!!!!

I think it was the 1991 Pro Ironman he did, his back and traps were insane. Nice guy Selwyn, not seen him for years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12