Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 18 to 32 of 32

Thread: 91 Arnold Classic Winner

  1. #18

    Default

    That's Todd Christiansen.. former Oakland Raider. YouTube ASC page has all the old shows starting from 1st yr.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

  2. #19

    Default

    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

  3. #20

    Default

    ^^ This is good HD quality.. notice at 16:00 Arnold talks about the waist sticking out on Aaron Baker.. something not as noticeable back then and he was able to point it out. Says waist shouldn't protrude past chest.

    This is standard criteria judge's should enforce.
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

  4. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    Good times







    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nasser would come along in 96,97 and 98 to wipe that smile off Rays face..
    deep down i know Ray knew he was getting dwarfed and EL Sonbatty deserved it

  5. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    You had to be there
    Posts
    10,574
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave415 View Post
    ^^ This is good HD quality.. notice at 16:00 Arnold talks about the waist sticking out on Aaron Baker.. something not as noticeable back then and he was able to point it out. Says waist shouldn't protrude past chest.

    This is standard criteria judge's should enforce.
    It confuse me how, on one side, we have the most iconic competitor ever disapproving big guts. On the other side, we have judges who do not give a single fuck and, by their lack of actions, encourage gut proliferation. Hence why the 2010's quality of physique isnt even close to the 90's.

  6. #23
    IFBB Hall of Fame Shawn Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    23,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    Nasser would come along in 96,97 and 98 to wipe that smile off Rays face..
    deep down i know Ray knew he was getting dwarfed and EL Sonbatty deserved it
    Nasser Dwarfed Everybody.
    I got in his ass at the 96 Olympia.
    After 99 his body was shot up with more shit than a Chad Nichols Athlete!
    Oh wait, he was a Chad Nichols athlete.
    Doesnít look like it was worth it.
    RIP ✌🏽


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #24
    Barbarian spasatel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Virginia / Bulgaria
    Posts
    643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave415 View Post
    ^^ This is good HD quality.. notice at 16:00 Arnold talks about the waist sticking out on Aaron Baker.. something not as noticeable back then and he was able to point it out. Says waist shouldn't protrude past chest.

    This is standard criteria judge's should enforce.
    I know Kinic get a lot of shit in general about gut comments, but I have to agree with you, him and Arnold - you got noticable gut and even getting it sticking out past chest - ypu should be severely punished!!! Next year you will make changes and bring better physique and even maybe your health will be better...

    Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

  8. #25
    Spotter Westersund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    Nasser Dwarfed Everybody.
    I got in his ass at the 96 Olympia.
    After 99 his body was shot up with more shit than a Chad Nichols Athlete!
    Oh wait, he was a Chad Nichols athlete.
    Doesn’t look like it was worth it.
    RIP ✌


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Freudian slip.

  9. #26

    Default

    Jesse Ventura.

    With one of the coolest one liner's ever in Predator...




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #27
    Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Holiday, Florida
    Posts
    65,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    It confuse me how, on one side, we have the most iconic competitor ever disapproving big guts. On the other side, we have judges who do not give a single fuck and, by their lack of actions, encourage gut proliferation. Hence why the 2010's quality of physique isnt even close to the 90's.
    Every guy competing now doesn’t have a gut. Stop watching if you don’t like the product.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

  11. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    You had to be there
    Posts
    10,574
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spasatel View Post
    I know Kinic get a lot of shit in general about gut comments, but I have to agree with you, him and Arnold - you got noticable gut and even getting it sticking out past chest - ypu should be severely punished!!! Next year you will make changes and bring better physique and even maybe your health will be better...

    Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk
    Yes. They can't send a "belly ban" one year and then make Phil Heath the champion the next. Thats like when your angry wife tells you that nothing is wrong. A plain lie.

  12. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    Stop watching if you donít like the product.
    That's what they kept saying about female bodybuilding too and look how popular and alive it is today.

    BTW, the problems inside female bodybuilding started many years before its disappearance, the incident with Paula Bircumshaw at the AC 1992 and Ms. International was just the foreshadowing of its death, it all starts around the 18:00 mark


  13. #30

    Default

    I wonder what happened to Renel Janvier, came 2nd in the 1991 Arnold then 10th in the 1992 Arnold then disappeared from the contest scene. He was awesome! Freaky biceps and crazy shredded Bumcheeks ha ha. (Sick of my autocorrect changing 'glutes' to 'flutes')

    I still sometimes follow his bicep routine of ten straight sets of JUST barbell curls and that's it. Alllll these years later.

  14. #31
    Spotter WTDoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    U.K / Florida / Middle East
    Posts
    273
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    I saw Selwin cottrel at pinks gym as a kid . He was mindblowingly wide from the back . He was off season but still lean , was proper huge . Blew my mind
    Out Of Pain Comes Glory

  15. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTDoom View Post
    I saw Selwin cottrel at pinks gym as a kid . He was mindblowingly wide from the back . He was off season but still lean , was proper huge . Blew my mind
    Do you remember that amazing BACK of his? Fookin' 'ell!!!!

    I think it was the 1991 Pro Ironman he did, his back and traps were insane. Nice guy Selwyn, not seen him for years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •