Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The road to 50 daily video and training

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Mine are sore as hell. When I do the high rep leg presses with the high reps and faster tempo I am able to do all the other leg exercises along with it. But doing those super slow full reps last night really kicked the shit out of me. I dread tomorrow because my dmos when I get always seems to peak by the second day

6 months ago and previous doing anything like that would knock the piss out of me for a 2 weeks. Still off from years ago's intensity but it is amazing to me to be able to see the improvement in intensity in real time
    Nelson,
    I was wondering as to what is your meal timing like around those high volume leg sets.
    When and what do you eat prior and after those sets, and what is your daily nutritional breakdown?
    Calories and macros.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeUK View Post
    Tried using your principles today on legs. Nice to not worry about weight for once. Might try on other body parts.

Seated leg curl 100, 50, 30 loads or rest pause in every set
    Leg press 100, 50, 30
    Dumbell stiff leg deadlifts - straight sets 24, 20
    Leg extension 100, 50, 30
    Outer thigh machine 200 rest pause x 1 set
    Bulgarian single leg Squats 3 x straight sets

Good mind/muscle thing going on
    I find also that after I competed the first set of 100 that I am like ok, that was a cool set, but great I am not burned out. Then a minute or so later you are starting that now 50 rep set and it all catches up right then and there

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhí O'Buadain View Post
    Nelson,
    I was wondering as to what is your meal timing like around those high volume leg sets, when and what do you eat prior and after those sets, and what is your daily nutritional breakdown.
    Calories and macros.
    at the moment i don't count calories or macros, I pay more attention to portion size

I ate yesterday
    meal 1---1 and 1 1/2 medium sized baked potato cut up, small diced onion, 1/2 diced green pepper, 5 whole eggs all cooked in a pan with a tablespoon butter
    meal 2-- Tuna sandwich on rye bread, handful of baby carrots
    meal 3-- handful of peanuts, 1 orange
    meal 4--1 and a half medium sized baked potato, 1 cup of cottage cheese(poured over potato), I had this meal around 6 pm, also had a couple cups of coffee and posted on md lol
    workout 8:05-9:35
    Got home just around 10pm.
    From there I drank 2 cups of dark chocolate grass fed milk, it looked good and has 10 grams of protein per 1 cup and 25 grams of simple carbs per cup. Makes me laugh though because growing up in rural areas I always say dairy cows eating hay/grass, so the whole ploy of grass fed milk much like "organic" maple syrop is just great marketing
    Meal 5--1/4 chicken breast(left over from roast chicken I bought yesterday), 2 pieces of rye bread, bit of mayo, and spinach salad with cucumer, diced green pepper and 2 tbs of kraft greek feta dressing

I also drink mainly water, and coffee(with cream or milk or creamer whatever is around.That in my coffee will be the last thing to go. I just cut out the 1/2 teaspoon of sugar in place of sweetener. Its the little things that will add up over time I think.

I did not check the macros about but I don't think it would be hard to guestimate. One thing to add is my appetite has gone up slightly since adding cardio. That is ok though because as I pointed out I want my meal intake to average more 5-6 small meals a day so with eating like above I can start to make adjustments.

Some of the above also clearly shows making it easier to eat while on the run. Meals 2 and 3 are during time when I am out hustling as some young guys would say so it is easy to carry the items for those 2 meals and eat them with no fuss.

re the baked potatoes i made shit ton a couple days in the oven, then split them in half, bagged them and put them in the fridge, this is their size just so you have a clue what I am refering to. took these pics a few minutes ago

bakedpotato.jpgbaekedpotato2.jpgbakedpotato3.jpg

at the moment i don't count calories or macros, I pay more attention to portion size

I ate yesterday
    meal 1---1 and 1 1/2 medium sized baked potato cut up, small diced onion, 1/2 diced green pepper, 5 whole eggs all cooked in a pan with a tablespoon butter
    meal 2-- Tuna sandwich on rye bread, handful of baby carrots
    meal 3-- handful of peanuts, 1 orange
    meal 4--1 and a half medium sized baked potato, 1 cup of cottage cheese(poured over potato), I had this meal around 6 pm, also had a couple cups of coffee and posted on md lol
    workout 8:05-9:35
    Got home just around 10pm.
    From there I drank 2 cups of dark chocolate grass fed milk, it looked good and has 10 grams of protein per 1 cup and 25 grams of simple carbs per cup. Makes me laugh though because growing up in rural areas I always say dairy cows eating hay/grass, so the whole ploy of grass fed milk much like "organic" maple syrop is just great marketing
    Meal 5--1/4 chicken breast(left over from roast chicken I bought yesterday), 2 pieces of rye bread, bit of mayo, and spinach salad with cucumer, diced green pepper and 2 tbs of kraft greek feta dressing

I also drink mainly water, and coffee(with cream or milk or creamer whatever is around.That in my coffee will be the last thing to go. I just cut out the 1/2 teaspoon of sugar in place of sweetener. Its the little things that will add up over time I think.

I did not check the macros about but I don't think it would be hard to guestimate. One thing to add is my appetite has gone up slightly since adding cardio. That is ok though because as I pointed out I want my meal intake to average more 5-6 small meals a day so with eating like above I can start to make adjustments.

Some of the above also clearly shows making it easier to eat while on the run. Meals 2 and 3 are during time when I am out hustling as some young guys would say so it is easy to carry the items for those 2 meals and eat them with no fuss.
    Thanks.

do you just do quads by itself one day and hams on another?
    It all depends on the nature of my workout. The Leg Day before this one I started with 3 different Ham exercises before I got to the presses.
    Everyday is different.
    A forum without humor is like a gym without Iron.

today was chest, calves and cardio.

by the time I got to the cardio the gal at the front desk informed everyone that gym would be closing early because of the weather

I made to 45 second videos about this

Great videos yes that is hardcore. Shoveling yourself out to get to the gym or trudging through ice thats dedication.

haha found this in the pic section on my computer, its one of the guys busting shizzo's chops when he was on Rx giving a physique competitor last minute prep advice lol

ShizzoPrepGuru.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon View Post
    Great videos yes that is hardcore. Shoveling yourself out to get to the gym or trudging through ice thats dedication.
    that bus that was spinning its tires going up the hill 90 minutes prior was still there when I came back

haha found this in the pic section on my computer, its one of the guys busting shizzo's chops when he was on Rx giving a physique competitor last minute prep advice lol

ShizzoPrepGuru.jpg

Thats hillarious, fucking Shizzo

Guys,
    Goon posted in his training journal a 16 weeks out from bodybuilding comp diet.
    I am on that diet.
    I really like and recommend it.

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...-journal/page9

Post 153.

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhí O'Buadain View Post
    Guys,
    Goon posted in his training journal a 16 weeks out from bodybuilding comp diet.
    I am on that diet.
    I really like and recommend it.

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...-journal/page9

Post 153.

Looks like a pretty good starting point diet DB for a guy you size.

I think people who don't follow a bodybuilding type diet at least part of the year don't realize the amount of volume of food that is in say for example 3000 caloris all clean foods vs junk foods.

Like 2000 calories of junk could be done in one sitting with 2 big mac/whoppers, a reg fries and a soft drink lol where 2000 calories of clean food could alot of food over 4-5 meals that are way higher in volume.,

Tough love talk from dave tate

Called the gym twice, nobody answered and basically outdoors looks like that movie Frozen as the freezing rain comes down at my window.

I am going to assume they did not open today considering they closed early because of the weather and take the day off, that is ok I got 5 sessions in this week

Today's video. I like the look of classic physique division don't get me wrong, but in all honesty classic does not just mean lighter frame of muscle with waspy with waists and weighing a certain amount, to me it means mass with class

And one of the greatest physiques that is to me the eipitome of mass with class belongs to John Defendis. Here is his posing routine from the 1988 USA

B's up two

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast