Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The road to 50 daily video and training

I got inspired by Milos Sarcev and did Giant sets for Back this morning. I combined 15 different exercises in 1 Giant set. I did 4 rounds of 'em.
    Arme are pretty tired of all the pulling.

For my Rear Seats (relatively smal muscles) I combined 5 different exercises, multiplied by 4 rounds.

I'm having the day off from work, so that's all the activity I performed today.
    A forum without humor is like a gym without Iron.

Rear 'Seats' must be 'Delts' off course. My spell checker keeps screwing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Squat Junkie View Post
    I got inspired by Milos Sarcev and did Giant sets for Back this morning. I combined 15 different exercises in 1 Giant set. I did 4 rounds of 'em.
    Arme are pretty tired of all the pulling.

For my Rear Seats (relatively smal muscles) I combined 5 different exercises, multiplied by 4 rounds.

I'm having the day off from work, so that's all the activity I performed today.
    Thats an awesome workout, probably was easier because everyone does chest or deadlifts on monday

Well, it was kinda quiet in the gym.
    Lot of people sterted pouring in after I was done. Lucky me!

So I made a slight change and put my workouts over 4 days instead of 5. Like I am presently doing I will take days off when needed but the goal is 5 workouts per week regardless. I have some school coming up starting the first week of may(college program I started a while back and want to finish), so I figure between that and everything else if shit comes up I will at least get in the gym 4 workouts with the goal of 5 I will be happy. Plus the next few weeks prior I am busy so it makes sense now.

So tonight I did shoulders triceps, a bit of forearms, midsection and cardio

for triceps I si the following
    Goon Triceps press(facing Hammer one arm row) 4x15-10
    machine dips 4x10-12
    incline triceps cable pressouts 4x6-8 Sit on a high incline bench facing away from a high pulley, the movemnt if done properly mimics a lying french press most excellent
    i arm low pulley extension 4x6-8

rest tonight about 30 seconds between sets and less, good workout, including warmups, weights, and 30 minutes cardio took 1 hour 45 minutes

tonights video comes courtesy of Jose who talks about idiots who put down bodybuilders online

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Those are more Gregg's principles for leg training for the most part. Years ago and inf act just recently I started doing those kind of high reps with calves(on the 45 degree leg press one workout and seated calf the next) along with convention sets and reps with other movements(ie 6-20 reps) and my calf starting growing above and beyond the miniscule growth I had had prior to that, like literally 13-14 inches to well over 17 over a few years period. I just started doing that recently so perhaps they will respond again. I did find in the past that what one of the main benefits of throwing in that kidn of high rep training on calves was that after a while when it came to doinf any calf exercise with more conventional rep ranges I was able to get more qulaity reps with a good stretch and contraction and was abale to do more reps with my regular weight before the lactic acid started coming in
    Good stuff on the high reps Nelson.
    I made some of best bodybuilding gains on a steady routine of high reps.
    I spent an entire summer doing anywhere from 12 to a few sets of a 100 reps.
    In fact, I'd say the high rep regime produced my best ever contest physique.
    I was harder , fuller and BIGGER on stage.

Found that high rep barbell squats are ok, but my low back often gets injured.
    Far better doing 1 leg step ups or Hammer hack squats to prevent low back troubles.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    Good stuff on the high reps Nelson.
    I made some of best bodybuilding gains on a steady routine of high reps.
    I spent an entire summer doing anywhere from 12 to a few sets of a 100 reps.
    In fact, I'd say the high rep regime produced my best ever contest physique.
    I was harder , fuller and BIGGER on stage.

Found that high rep barbell squats are ok, but my low back often gets injured.
    Far better doing 1 leg step ups or Hammer hack squats to prevent low back troubles.
    One of the guys over on getbig named BeBack who competes does mainly a couple of versions of hacks with light weights and high reps just feeling the muscle work has phenomenal legs development in his fifties so there is more than one way to do things.

Doug Brignole speaks of a cool squat movement that i am going to start implementing over barbell squats that I am going to replace them with every other leg workout.

Those reps I did on Friday were all done super slow though, like I kept time on the first set of seated leg curls for 100 and the set rest pause took like 8 minutes. normally it is more 1-2 seconds down and 1-2 seconds up with more moderate weight

Here is another piece of equipment that I have not touched in years that my gym has that I am also going to throw in on those 45 degree leg press high rep days.

new video talking about leg workouts for bodybuilding

Great stuff by a former Mr America on quad work.
    Damn if Doug doesn't look more like Mr Rogers now LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Squat Junkie View Post
    Well, it was kinda quiet in the gym.
    Lot of people sterted pouring in after I was done. Lucky me!
    FYI, read the above workout post and love giant sets to get in quality volume I!n less time.

Oh, I love working out in a gym without many people.
    Your post brings that image home and reminds us all of those great sessions we love to endure in obscurity !

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeUK View Post
    I want to do legs now
    I know what you mean ( with all this leg training motivation stuff).
    However, I'm doing them today and staying on course.
    I had a longer "cardio only" workout for Monday.
    Got on the basement treadmill and did an hr ( 60 min) straight.
    Took 20 min gradually working up to 15% incline avg 3.6 mph for 10 straight min.
    Then alternated with lower inclines and different speeds ( 3.5 - 4.1 and 8-12 % ) the last 30 min.

Was pretty spent and sweating like the proverbial fat pig LOL.

Love this thread. I read all of it. Good to get a training thread. After all, training is what we love most.

Nothing wrong with high reps. Everything works at the right time.

Hurt both elbows badly last session doing standing single dB ext. Stupidly went heavy 65lbs x 6. Wish I never. Will train round the fuckers.
    D E S T R O Y

Love this thread. I read all of it. Good to get a training thread. After all, training is what we love most.

Hurt both elbows badly last session doing standing single dB ext. Stupidly went heavy 65lbs x 6. Wish I never. Will train round the fuckers.
    90% of my aches, pains and injuries have been caused through my life by clumsiness outside the gym. I tore my triceps in my sleep about 6 years ago because I was sleeping sideways with my arm overstretched under my head

65lbs dumbell for a single overhead is alot of weight for anyone based on leverage factors I would think. The overhead single arm with a low pulley cable is pretty good and not hard on the elbows

90% of my aches, pains and injuries have been caused through my life by clumsiness outside the gym. I tore my triceps in my sleep about 6 years ago because I was sleeping sideways with my arm overstretched under my head

65lbs dumbell for a single overhead is alot of weight for anyone based on leverage factors I would think. The overhead single arm with a low pulley cable is pretty good and not hard on the elbows
    I was just stupid. Training around it is punishment enough. Even hurt in chins... : (
    D E S T R O Y

I agree 100%. This is one of the rare threads in any forum with sincere, honest sharing of the training/diet experience.

I'd estimate you ( GeorgeUK) have the best overall development and strength of the reg thread posters.
    In my case, I still love training and talking shop with other bodybuilders.
    BUT, I've long lost the desire to compete and beat anyone on a BB stage.

No, I'm not depressed and started feeling this way over 20 years ago .
    I found it more meaningful to judge others in contests or "talk shop" with fellow meathedz.

I really enjoy reading the life struggles and training victories of Nelson.
    It was cool seeing you doing the rep-pause rowing reps with 315 lbs.
    I'd like to get lean and have better abs like Dave.

haha found this in the pic section on my computer, its one of the guys busting shizzo's chops when he was on Rx giving a physique competitor last minute prep advice lol

Attachment 367315
    While Shizzo comes off as a "total tool" in that pic post, he seems like a really cool , funny guy.
    I'd enjoy hanging out with him at a show or gym.

Of course, I'd pass on any invite from him to hit the men's room sauna LOL

good read from the Blonde Bomber Dave draper about training in the original dungeon in 1963

https://www.otpbooks.com/dave-draper-the-dungeon/

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast