Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The road to 50 daily video and training

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    Good point. Far more effective to warm up the muscle group or area being worked.
    I find it better to do 1 leg step up squats, holding a heavy DB instead of reg BB squats now.
    I just can't take having a heavy BB on my back now.
    sumo squats are also a good alternative as well as Nicole Wilkins demos

Ill be following.
    (reminding myself to avoid going straight into heaviest bb exercise)
    D E S T R O Y

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post

I always needed more quad sweep, so I do a different "Hack squat" version:

Place my heels on a board and almost together.
    I hold 2 DB's and squat as deep as possible but don't lock out.
    Quad pump is insane and I only need 40's lb to 50's DB's
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeUK View Post
    Ill be following.
    Try doing some moderate wt super sets.
    For example: DB side laterals immediately followed by over head presses is a great pump.
    Go for 3 super sets 10 reps each movement with a 1-2 min rest between super sets.

Ill be following.
    thanks. You have an awesome physique as well. Guys like you and all the other over 40 and 50 guys that give me hope

thanks. You have an awesome physique as well. Guys like you and all the other over 40 and 50 guys that give me hope
    Some may not know but Iíve been following a regime set up and monitored weekly by Luke Sandoe. I am pleased that he got me off the more dangerous rep ranges and more dangerous exercise placements. He took my age (53) into account and reallly spent time looking at everything.

Some stuff he has me doing (I wonít go into every detail, because itís boring for others and itís his stuff
    - 4 way split, 5 x week
    - 2 cycles of training, each with a different focus depending on bodypart
    - Nothing below 8 reps and often 12, 15, 20, 25 +
    - use of rest pause
    - use of muscle rounds
    - use of straight sets
    - use of partials and holds
    - stretching every bodypart
    - progressive overload still hugely important
    - exrcise style has to be accurate
    - hams start leg sessions
    - pullover starts back session
    - Chest and shoulders combined

By the end I was inclining 3 plates for 10 reps (full, touch chest reps) and bent over row 375 x 8 and 315 x 19. Cruise now and will be going in deficit in a couple of weeks. Going to enter contest late summer.

Itís in our blood fellas
    D E S T R O Y

Some may not know but I’ve been following a regime set up and monitored weekly by Luke Sandoe. I am pleased that he got me off the more dangerous rep ranges and more dangerous exercise placements. He took my age (53) into account and reallly spent time looking at everything.

Some stuff he has me doing (I won’t go into every detail, because it’s boring for others and it’s his stuff
    - 4 way split, 5 x week
    - 2 cycles of training, each with a different focus depending on bodypart
    - Nothing below 8 reps and often 12, 15, 20, 25 +
    - use of rest pause
    - use of muscle rounds
    - use of straight sets
    - use of partials and holds
    - stretching every bodypart
    - progressive overload still hugely important
    - exrcise style has to be accurate
    - hams start leg sessions
    - pullover starts back session
    - Chest and shoulders combined

By the end I was inclining 3 plates for 10 reps (full, touch chest reps) and bent over row 375 x 8 and 315 x 19. Cruise now and will be going in deficit in a couple of weeks. Going to enter contest late summer.

It’s in our blood fellas
    wow, shit ton of weight. especially on inclines I recall seeing the vid you posted of some heavy ass rowing way back

I have pretty much 2 different sets bodypart workouts for each part, where each exercise goes and rep ranges vary....ie squats 15-20 reps this past week, will be probably 10-12 range not this week's but next weeks. My leg workout this week will feature high rep leg presses as an example, to 100 reps(goal) first set

funny you mention the 4 way split 5x, good way to get the whole body worked and extra time but spread out over the 4 weeks

I usually train 2-3 days on before taking a day off, of which today is one, because I worked out sat and sunday

I like how he took everything about you into consideration, alot of people say personalized but are anything but

Luke has some serious wisdom to impart, glad he will be part of MD soon!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Hi Nelson, medium heavy, slow controlled moves, is my advice at 57!!!! Stay strong and healthy!!!!

wow, shit ton of weight. especially on inclines I recall seeing the vid you posted of some heavy ass rowing way back

I have pretty much 2 different sets bodypart workouts for each part, where each exercise goes and rep ranges vary....ie squats 15-20 reps this past week, will be probably 10-12 range not this week's but next weeks. My leg workout this week will feature high rep leg presses as an example, to 100 reps(goal) first set

funny you mention the 4 way split 5x, good way to get the whole body worked and extra time but spread out over the 4 weeks

I usually train 2-3 days on before taking a day off, of which today is one, because I worked out sat and sunday

I like how he took everything about you into consideration, alot of people say personalized but are anything but
    I've had contact with Luke for quite a while. Since well before him even close to turning pro. I just see someone with their head screwed on and the genetics to go places. Him and the guys are funny as fuck on the size game.

As for higher reps, you can get pbs on any rep range. However, I've no interest in dropping lower than 8 reps. Can get the feeling of reps on muscle rounds.

Always aim to train well and look good. Not just for your age, but good for any age.
    D E S T R O Y

I'm in favor of any Nicole Wilkins video

I've had contact with Luke for quite a while. Since well before him even close to turning pro. I just see someone with their head screwed on and the genetics to go places. Him and the guys are funny as fuck on the size game.

As for higher reps, you can get pbs on any rep range. However, I've no interest in dropping lower than 8 reps. Can get the feeling of reps on muscle rounds.

Always aim to train well and look good. Not just for your age, but good for any age.
    I've hit the higher rep world. If I can't get at least 8 I'm not even bothering any more I'd rather 12 and that's on basic movements.

You can absolutely train hard and heavy as you get older, no need to avoid movements or even max weights..................if you are smart about it. I am almost 47 and competing in powerlifting, getting stronger and lifting heavy and there are plenty of older powerlifters still competing so it can be done.

You just have to realize that it takes longer to warm up and longer to recover and you have to listen to your body. If something doesn't feel right, stop! I also do a whole pre-hab routine that helps prevent injuries.
    instagram @naturalguy1
    instagram @universalusa

I found your recent training posts and feedback from Luke to be quite useful and interesting.
    You're 100% correct that we don't need to go below 8 reps once we hit age 50+.
    Your good form incline press and barbell row wts are impressive.

I've found that some joint friendly movements allow for heavier wts and lower reps.
    For example, I started biceps with the hammer preacher curl machine ( 2 warm up, 2x8 with 2 (45 lb plates added).
    Then, I did seated DB concentration curls.
    After 1 warm up set, I did 6 good reps with the 45 lb DB. No massive poundage of course, but it challenged me.

Quote Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    You can absolutely train hard and heavy as you get older, no need to avoid movements or even max weights..................if you are smart about it. I am almost 47 and competing in powerlifting, getting stronger and lifting heavy and there are plenty of older powerlifters still competing so it can be done.

You just have to realize that it takes longer to warm up and longer to recover and you have to listen to your body. If something doesn't feel right, stop! I also do a whole pre-hab routine that helps prevent injuries.
    Good point.
    I've seen "mature" veteran powerlifters that keep moving impressive iron .
    They KNOW how to train smart and rarely jerk or heave.
    Plus, they cycle the wts/reps and allow for proper recovery.

However , me and most of my fellow meathedz, tend to jerk the heavier wt around .
    This causes the inevitable injury , 99% of the time.
    Plus, our goals are more in line with bodybuilding.

Click bait thread

Still waiting on this guy's videos..
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

Quote Originally Posted by dave415 View Post
    Click bait thread

Still waiting on this guy's videos..
    LOL, I said Videos I would find that are part of the day's topic, the videos from me will come later one when my condition becomes more relevant. What I will be doing is making videos and pics these days to use later on so we have a barometer of where I was to where I have come to..

But just for you, I will make a short video later tonight and tomorrow, and also give you a shout out lol

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast