Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The road to 50 daily video and training

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    I used the neutral grip as well on that particular machine, this was the version I used last night. last week I used the smith but i set it more as a high incline. I found the problem with dumbell shoulder presses is once you get them up there, it is hit or miss that you can even do them properly with any proper range of motion, seems like if you are 1/10 off in any direction the set is fucked or you get a tweak/pain etc that makes you stop. I also use this machine every other workout for shrugs by standing on the seat, has that perfect range and each handle is adjusted for height so it is good whether you are 5'0 or 6'6
    Looks like a good machine

Tonight I am about to go do arms. Ron likes to mention how he has the worst arm genetics ever, well mine are worse. So that means they get worked with an emphasis on different angles and forms over the years taking conventional ex.ercises and tweaking them or throwing them out. At one point they got decent from where they began. Now? they are the last thing coming back since I started back more seriously and consistently months ago.

Anyways tonights motivational comes from Ron Harris himself, an video from his youtube channel. Lots of good tips etc on his channel, even though he has not updated it for a while(hint hint)
    This video is about how perfect form is over rated

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon View Post
    Looks like a good machine
    hands down the best shoulder press apparatus I have ever used as a mature trainer. it even cushions like a car shock if you happen to hit the bottom hit the bottom so it does not slam hard and bang up the joints.
    The starting weight of the machine alone seems to be about 45lbs. and like hammer each side is independant

I made a video of me curling on a machine at the end of my arm workout, when I put the phone agaist the window to film i switched the direction by mistake so its 5 minutes of background noise, my talking a bit distant, a guy sprinting loudly on a treadmill and visual is cars going by at night so no dice will tr again next workout

here are 2 gym pics
    wedmar2118.jpgwed21182.jpg

weight was 224 tonight, fully clothed so whatever(I alwasy take them like that so it gives me a range,)

arm workout was...(all exercises added weight pretty much every set
    rope curls 4x15-20--
    jm presses/extensions with swiss bar 4x15-20
    stand alt cable curl(on functional trainer) 4x15-20
    high incline one arm db extension across face 4x15-20
    face down 2 db inclibe hammer curl 4x10-12
    low pulley rope ext 4x10-12
    machine curl(atlantis) 4x6-8
    st bar pushdowns 4x6-8

forearms band wrist curls(hang band from top of chin bar wrist curl down one arm at a time 4x30-50 back and forth
    reverse wrist curl 4x15-20(small olympic bar add wet each set)
    reverse cable curl 4x10-12
    standing behind the back barbell wrist 4x608
    Last edited by NelsonMuntz; March 21st, 2018 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul k View Post
    Dave, are you tempted to get on the trt? That's not a dig at you btw, looking good my man!
    Thanks dude..

of course I'm tempted, just never been a fan of needles, especially at doctors office.

lifetime natty, but at my age now, EVERYTHING HURTS!

It's been on my mind the last 1 and a half. Might just take the "plunge," no pun intended lol
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

I won't be posting any shirtless pics until summer. They will be progress pics so from now until then.

That being said, you look fantastic, what are your stats if you don't mind me asking(age, weight, height)
    Thanks.. I'm not a big dude at all, just an old dude, a.j. likes to call me "old man dave"

55yrs old, 5'7", 170

Quote Originally Posted by dave415 View Post
    Thanks.. I'm not a big dude at all, just an old dude, a.j. likes to call me "old man dave"

55yrs old, 5'7", 170
    LOL@ old man dave

awesome condition for 55, I hope to look near that one day down the road

I used the neutral grip as well on that particular machine, this was the version I used last night. last week I used the smith but i set it more as a high incline. I found the problem with dumbell shoulder presses is once you get them up there, it is hit or miss that you can even do them properly with any proper range of motion, seems like if you are 1/10 off in any direction the set is fucked or you get a tweak/pain etc that makes you stop. I also use this machine every other workout for shrugs by standing on the seat, has that perfect range and each handle is adjusted for height so it is good whether you are 5'0 or 6'6
    1st off, great looking gym , I'd love to train there!

2nd, I use the natural palms inward grip on the press machines at my gym
    It allows me to do a modified overhead motion ( aka high angle incline).
    I get a decent pump and can still work delts without the pain of reg barbell lifts.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

55yrs old, 5'7", 170
    I'm gonna call you " Young Dave".
    Compared to me, you're younger, leaner and better looking.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Tonight I am about to go do arms. Ron likes to mention how he has the worst arm genetics ever, well mine are worse. So that means they get worked with an emphasis on different angles and forms over the years taking conventional ex.ercises and tweaking them or throwing them out. At one point they got decent from where they began. Now? they are the last thing coming back since I started back more seriously and consistently months ago.

Anyways tonights motivational comes from Ron Harris himself, an video from his youtube channel. Lots of good tips etc on his channel, even though he has not updated it for a while(hint hint)
    This video is about how perfect form is over rated
    I'm really weirded out by how far out to the sides Rons elbows are in this video.
    In the sea of heavy metal, you are plankton.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    1st off, great looking gym , I'd love to train there!

2nd, I use the natural palms inward grip on the press machines at my gym
    It allows me to do a modified overhead motion ( aka high angle incline).
    I get a decent pump and can still work delts without the pain of reg barbell lifts.
    I finding as we get older that sometimes it is not the movement inasmuch as some slight little tweak of the movement

PS that pic of the shoulder press is not my gym, took it offline. I should have just taken a picture of the machine at the gym last night but I was talking about that machine before I left. Same machine though, different colour

Thanks dude..

of course I'm tempted, just never been a fan of needles, especially at doctors office.

lifetime natty, but at my age now, EVERYTHING HURTS!

It's been on my mind the last 1 and a half. Might just take the "plunge," no pun intended lol
    You’d feel a lot better, get a bit stronger and actually help health aspects. 200mg a week or even 250 would make life better in so many ways. Needles are never fun, but a few mins once a week isn’t so bad considering the benefits.
    D E S T R O Y

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeUK View Post
    You’d feel a lot better, get a bit stronger and actually help health aspects. 200mg a week or even 250 would make life better in so many ways. Needles are never fun, but a few mins once a week isn’t so bad considering the benefits.
    100% accurate..

..considering it for sure.

Today's motivation for Leg day comes from a fella in our age group who came back to wrestling for one last time and has always been an all around athlete and fierce motherfucker, Bill Goldberg

4 and a half minutes of motivation

Behemoth

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeUK View Post
    125mgs a week and he'd notice for sure, lifetime natty at 55!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul k View Post
    125mgs a week and he'd notice for sure, lifetime natty at 55!
    Thinking amps, guess it doesn’t have the be that way. I’d be curious about a Dave blog on trt first time. Maybe we could have this thread as an old timers having fun with bodybuilding type thread
    D E S T R O Y

[QUOTE=GeorgeUK;4342863]Thinking amps, guess it doesn’t have the be that way. I’d be curious about a Dave blog on trt first time. Maybe we could have this thread as an old timers having fun with bodybuilding type thread[/QUOTE]

Definitely!

Did my legs today as I said, only mistake in the video where I am on the way to the gym is that I meant to say 3 sets of 100,50,25 at the end. Did...
    1- Good mornings(light) 4x15-20 (44,55,65,75) 2--seated leg press(slow reps, light) 4x15-20(80,120,160,160) 3--one leg lying curls(elbows up) 4x10-12 4- leg extansion 4x01-12
    5--seated leg curls 45x100, 60x15, 75x25 6--45 degree leg press 135x100, 225x50, 275 x25....my legs were already jelly by the time I did the first set of leg presses for 100 reps

pumped and legs buckling lol

This video is for "Old Man" Dave

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast