Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The road to 50 daily video and training

[QUOTE=NelsonMuntz;4342881]
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeUK View Post
    Thinking amps, guess it doesn’t have the be that way. I’d be curious about a Dave blog on trt first time. Maybe we could have this thread as an old timers having fun with bodybuilding type thread[/QUOTE]

Definitely!

Did my legs today as I said, only mistake in the video where I am on the way to the gym is that I meant to say 3 sets of 100,50,25 at the end. Did...
    1- Good mornings(light) 4x15-20 (44,55,65,75) 2--seated leg press(slow reps, light) 4x15-20(80,120,160,160) 3--one leg lying curls(elbows up) 4x10-12 4- leg extansion 4x01-12
    5--seated leg curls 45x100, 60x15, 75x25 6--45 degree leg press 135x100, 225x50, 275 x25....my legs were already jelly by the time I did the first set of leg presses for 100 reps

pumped and legs buckling lol

This video is for "Old Man" Dave
    Is that a modified Gregg Valentino leg press routine

[QUOTE=thegoon;4342883]
    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post

Is that a modified Gregg Valentino leg press routine
    yes, i was doing those in the fall too ans called them "Gregg Presses"

[QUOTE=NelsonMuntz;4342881]
    Thinking amps, guess it doesn’t have the be that way. I’d be curious about a Dave blog on trt first time. Maybe we could have this thread as an old timers having fun with bodybuilding type thread[/QUOTE]

Definitely!

Did my legs today as I said, only mistake in the video where I am on the way to the gym is that I meant to say 3 sets of 100,50,25 at the end. Did...
    1- Good mornings(light) 4x15-20 (44,55,65,75) 2--seated leg press(slow reps, light) 4x15-20(80,120,160,160) 3--one leg lying curls(elbows up) 4x10-12 4- leg extansion 4x01-12
    5--seated leg curls 45x100, 60x15, 75x25 6--45 degree leg press 135x100, 225x50, 275 x25....my legs were already jelly by the time I did the first set of leg presses for 100 reps

pumped and legs buckling lol

This video is for "Old Man" Dave
    lol, thanks for the shout out Nelson!

This thread has potential, eager to see how your progress comes along in the upcoming months.

GeorgeUK brought up good point for an 'old timers' bb'ing thread similar to this one Nelson initiated here where we can post progress pics, training footage, training advice, Q & A, etc..

Good motivation to really inspire others to take bull by the horns and get in best shape of your life, be it competitive bb'ing, best look ever at beach, or show up at expo looking jacked lol.

Maybe name thread Fit @ 50
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

[QUOTE=dave415;4343051]

lol, thanks for the shout out Nelson!

This thread has potential, eager to see how your progress comes along in the upcoming months.

GeorgeUK brought up good point for an 'old timers' bb'ing thread similar to this one Nelson initiated here where we can post progress pics, training footage, training advice, Q & A, etc..

Good motivation to really inspire others to take bull by the horns and get in best shape of your life, be it competitive bb'ing, best look ever at beach, or show up at expo looking jacked lol.

Maybe name thread Fit @ 50
    Or possibly "old guys with saggy ballsacks workout"

did chest and calves and abs tonight. My mind was wandering near the end and I saw this on the wall.

TODAY I HAVE TO TRAIN, only "HAVE" was crossed out and it said now

TODAY i GET TO TRAIN!

that is the motivation for today, along with this

was going to take today off based on how I felt last night. Today I feel good, so the heck with that, day 5--back and low back day

what better toi be motivated than a 4 minute clip of ronnie doing bent over and corner v bar rows(yeah guys stop calling them t-bar, learn to fucking spell, you are using a small "V" shaped bar lol)

Something for delt day

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon View Post

Something for delt day
    good idea. i used to belong to a gym 5 years ago that had like 5 different side raise machine including the one you were using, which i liked the most

funny most gyms either have multiple side delt machines or none

i do your version of of close grip presses/extension on the hammer row every other triceps workout, the other workout i use the free weight swiss bar. i know christen them 'goon triceps presses'

good idea. i used to belong to a gym 5 years ago that had like 5 different side raise machine including the one you were using, which i liked the most

funny most gyms either have multiple side delt machines or none

i do your version of of close grip presses/extension on the hammer row every other triceps workout, the other workout i use the free weight swiss bar. i know christen them 'goon triceps presses'
    That startrac delt machine is my all time favorite. It doesn't use pins it uses switches. That grip saves my shoulders. ' GTP ' does have a certain ring to it.

Day off today, good food and chillout day

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon View Post

Something for delt day
    you are looking bigger, are going for the Nasser cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    you are looking bigger, are going for the Nasser cycle
    That's not fully Nasser. I'd post it but people would call bullshit

ah, so I decided today to bite the bullet and add freking cardio back in lol

Did Shooulders, traps and abs
    My shoulder workout was a nice good one, did some supersets first
    Bent Db Raise superset with Side db raise 4x15-20 each adding weight each set, same dumbells for each superset
    Front plate raises superset with High Incline smith press wide grip 4x10-12 each add weight on both each set
    rear delt raises 4x6-8 add weight each set slow reps
    one arm lying incline side raise(lean against the incline side of the preacher bench) 4x6-8--add weight each set

cardio was simple, and figured it was a good time to get some book reading in for the most part. started slow on treadmill adding a bit of speed every 30 seconds and just did a medium pace 2.5 mph(lol) for 30 minutes. because I take a beta blocker with my blood pressure med my heart rate does not go high so I figure just steady state cardio to start. Including the warmup I did 35 minutes cardio total.

todays kickass clip is courtesy of who I wanted to be when I started taking this shit seriously as a short fat kid

the road warriors to thier entrance theme IRON MAN!!!!!!!

You’d feel a lot better, get a bit stronger and actually help health aspects. 200mg a week or even 250 would make life better in so many ways. Needles are never fun, but a few mins once a week isn’t so bad considering the benefits.
    That's all true but far from the complete story on TRT use.
    I had two(2) different MD internists advise me to go off it.
    Like most things , it's a mixed bag of risks and benefits.

You outlined the benefits and allow me to give the other side.
    Using HRT can elevate your risk for prostrate cancer and related issues.
    I realize the risks are small, but, I'm not taking chances.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    That's all true but far from the complete story on TRT use.
    I had two(2) different MD internists advise me to go off it.
    Like most things , it's a mixed bag of risks and benefits.

You outlined the benefits and allow me to give the other side.
    Using HRT can elevate your risk for prostrate cancer and related issues.
    I realize the risks are small, but, I'm not taking chances.
    I think you are both right, everyone has different health markers. It is all about weighing risk and benefit

I also think there are 4 types of doctors when it comes to this stuff, none ignorant, but you have...

-the first who are overly cautious about anything, ie if they read a risk of possible issues they write it off for pretty much everyone,

the second type are overly enthusiastic and tend to think all issues are not a big deal for pretty much everyone except extreme cases

the third does everything thorough and tend to want to make sure the patient is a proper candidate

the fourth is the most common, they will refuse and reefer madness everyone when it comes to TRT and hormones because they buy it hook, line and sinker, yet have no problem prescribing all the other common medications for every other ailment out there that has just as many risks, if not more, plus can cause such side effects like suicidal thoughts, organ damage, and even dependancy issues

and sometimes you get someone who is a combination of a couple or all of the above

My doctors, yes doctors are cool in alot of ways but a couple have come across as kinda strict when it comes to trt for me when the irony is for the past 3 years I was taking a med which I had to have blood work for because of the organ damage it could cause, the same one I stopped taking because I was tired of the fucking bloating(this one had nothing to do with physical health, just something that allowed me to get over the psychological effects of things)

today was arms, forearms, abs and cardio(35 minutes like yesterday)

this is one tricpes exercise I like..sit on a high incline bench facing away from the cables(functional trainer is best because you can adjust the height of the cable depending on height) when doing it it looks like a cross between a pushdown and extension so it is a pressout of sorts

looks like this
    inclinepressouts.jpg

video for the day, bill burr both making light of arnold then wrapping it up with the inspiring story of his success

trained legs today, did the workout my mind was wandering, happens some days lol, also did 35 minutes of cardio after

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast