Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The road to 50 daily video and training

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    Not too bad Dave

I noticed that both you and George don't go for a full stretch on the lower part of the rowing movement.
    I'm not trying to some picky jack ass , but I'm curious if that rep form helps you feel the back working?
    I and most people find that letting the bar go down further increases the chances of curving the back. Strangely enough Dave and I have similar styles.

I do bent over rows 3 ways
    - Regular style (similar to Dave)
    - Smith bent over row dead stops (same body angles but very short reset every rep)
    I find reps and weight similar on both
    - Pendlay rows (body angle close to parallel to the floor)

The first two have a significant stimulation on the spinal erectors as well as upper back/traps/rear delts. Pendlay rows less lower back and much less weight used.

I’ve just trained 11 days in a row and my lower back is very fatigued. Will take two days off training
    D E S T R O Y

today I did shoulders calves and some midsection

I am dropping shoulder presses completely and doing all various laterals.

today was like this
    standing rear cable laterals superset with one arm side cable 3x15-20 each
    incline face down bent db raises superset with high incline face foraward side db raises 3x10-12 each
    incline db hammer front raises 3x6-8
    one arm front cable raises 3x6-8

calves simple
    standing raise 3x15-20
    one leg seated 3x10-12--back and forth no rest till all sets complete
    45 degree toe press 1x100 rest pause, 1x50

misection
    kneeling band crunch 3 sets(attach a band to the chin bar kneel down with elows over the band, and crunch down hold at bottom, slow reps
    machine crunch 3 sets slow reps
    standing vaccums 3 sets hold in and tanse as long as possible while breathing normally, rest and repeat
    incline hypers 3 sets slow reps

cardio 30minutes total treadmill done gradually build up of fast/slower intervals, along these lines
    started with 1.6 mph added 0.1 mph every 20 seconds until I was at 2.5 and warmed up, then
    90 second 3mph/30 seconds 2.6mph
    90 second 3.1 mph/30 seconds 2.7 mph
    90 second 3.2 mph/30 seconds 2.8 mph
    90 second 3.3 mph/30 seconds 2.9 mph
    90 second 3.4 mph/30 seconds 3.o mph
    90seconds 3.5 mph/30 seconds 3.1 mph
    90 second 3.6 mph/30 seconds 3.2 mph
    90 second 3.7 mph/30 seconds 3.3 mph

I continued to 27 minutes then started lowering the speed from 3.3 mph down 0.1mph every 15 seconds till 30 minutes then done

Its a start, remember when I returned to the gym a year after the hospital fun, walking several steps would knock the piss out of me lol, so did the easiest workouts with weights

Todays workout, Jose raymond training delts 5 weeks out from the 2016 Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post

today was like this
    incline face down bent db raises superset with high incline face foraward side db raises 3x10-12 each

calves simple
    standing raise 3x15-20

misection
    kneeling band crunch 3 sets(attach a band to the chin bar kneel down with elows over the band, and crunch down hold at bottom, slow reps
    standing vaccums 3 sets hold in and tanse as long as possible while breathing normally, rest and repeat

cardio 30minutes total treadmill done gradually build up of fast/slower intervals, along these lines
    started with 1.6 mph added 0.1 mph every 20 seconds until I was at 2.5 and warmed up, then

I continued to 27 minutes then started lowering the speed from 3.3 mph down 0.1mph every 15 seconds till 30 minutes then done

Its a start, remember when I returned to the gym a year after the hospital fun, walking several steps would knock the piss out of me lol, so did the easiest workouts with weights

Interesting ab session. I personally like volume laterals and db upright rows

What are your goals Nelson?

——

Just spent 10 out of last 11 days training and exhausted. Physically drained and lower back fatigue. It’s to be expected. Did stretches and abs only yesterday and no gym today or tomorrow. I’m embarrassingly lacking in flexibility. Will remedy it.
    D E S T R O Y

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeUK View Post
    What are your goals Nelson?

——

Just spent 10 out of last 11 days training and exhausted. Physically drained and lower back fatigue. It’s to be expected. Did stretches and abs only yesterday and no gym today or tomorrow. I’m embarrassingly lacking in flexibility. Will remedy it.
    Just under 19 weeks until my 49th birthday, going to drop down to 200 by then(at 220 as of today from 225 2 weeks ago). Not really worried about being ripped or anything,just want to get as much fat as possible off as cleanly as possible. Doing it drug free at the moment, but when I hit that 200 mark I will do a low dose cycle just to start keeping as much lean tissue as possible while losing the rest of the bodyfat. I was thinking of going all out and doing a novice comp in 2019 but at the same time I am abit wary because of the dehydrating at the end. remember I had organ failure in 2014 because of high bp. That stuff Rosie said got me thinking so what I am going to probably do is just keep a photo journal and put the first before and afters on my birthday this year as motivation, do it again after the low dose cycle, and every 3 months with the goal of hitting my best by age 50, meaning lean, muscular not look like genova.

looking back I wished I ad thought of taking pics when I went intot he hospital in 2015 at 159lbs, but I was more worried about staying alive at the time

hope that makes sense but its the first time I put it in that kind of detail, now I just put the pressure on which is good.

Anyways this is more about me defying what I felt was looking impossible even months ago as my recovery from workouts would fluctuate badly

I dont feel the need to be over 200lbs anymore so ideally I would like to be around 185-90 but look balanced as possible and look good naked

tonight I trained arms, I tripped on the way into the gym and banged my left wrist a bit so it was a bit irritating.

I started with midsection after warming up my upper body with the bands, did standing rope crunches, crunches off a bench, decline planks(put my feet on the bench) and some glute kickbacks on the atlantis machine all for 3 sets each. every midsection day I do 3-4 sets of either some type of vaccum holds or some kind of planks. it is helping me start to control my gut as I suffered from bad distension from some meds I was taking for almost 3 years

arms and forearms I did with each other, rested around 30 seconds between sets
    bb spider curl 3x15-20 rope pushdowns 3x15-20 behind the back wrist curls 3x30-50
    rope curl 3x10-12 jm presses with swiss bar 3x10-12 reverse wrist curl(ez bar) 3x15-20
    stand alternate cable curl on functional trainer 3x10-12 decline db extension across face 3x10-12 band wrist curls 3x15-20(put a band through the chin bar pull down whaer lower arm is mid curl and wirst curl down nice burn
    face down incline db hammers 3x6-8 pulley rope extensions(kneel in front of a flat bench put upper arms on bench and you can figure out the rest) 3x6-8 reverse cable curl 3x10-12

cardio 30 minutes on treadmill same intervals as yesterday

today's video is the Blonde Bomber dave draper from a American Muscle Magazine clip in 1987

funny when he mentions how the general public felt about bodybuilders in his heyday. Howard should take note of this

Nelson
    No need for diuretics or extreme water manipulation. If you are in shape you are in shape. Stick to your plan though.

I’m maintaining bodyweight at 230. Been cruise for 4 weeks. Start deficit in 2 weeks, starting prep in 4

maintenance is 4000 training days/ 3500 non training, so will drop to 3750/3250 and gradually work downwards.
    cardio is minimal, but will begin with 2 x dog walks a day instead of 1. My dog will appreciate this prep.
    D E S T R O Y

tonight I trained arms, I tripped on the way into the gym and banged my left wrist a bit so it was a bit irritating.

I started with midsection after warming up my upper body with the bands, did standing rope crunches, crunches off a bench, decline planks(put my feet on the bench) and some glute kickbacks on the atlantis machine all for 3 sets each. every midsection day I do 3-4 sets of either some type of vaccum holds or some kind of planks. it is helping me start to control my gut as I suffered from bad distension from some meds I was taking for almost 3 years

arms and forearms I did with each other, rested around 30 seconds between sets
    bb spider curl 3x15-20 rope pushdowns 3x15-20 behind the back wrist curls 3x30-50
    rope curl 3x10-12 jm presses with swiss bar 3x10-12 reverse wrist curl(ez bar) 3x15-20
    stand alternate cable curl on functional trainer 3x10-12 decline db extension across face 3x10-12 band wrist curls 3x15-20(put a band through the chin bar pull down whaer lower arm is mid curl and wirst curl down nice burn
    face down incline db hammers 3x6-8 pulley rope extensions(kneel in front of a flat bench put upper arms on bench and you can figure out the rest) 3x6-8 reverse cable curl 3x10-12

cardio 30 minutes on treadmill same intervals as yesterday

today's video is the Blonde Bomber dave draper from a American Muscle Magazine clip in 1987

funny when he mentions how the general public felt about bodybuilders in his heyday. Howard should take note of this

I really admire Dave Draper but feel you're wrong in my delusional glorification of the "golden age" bodybuilders .
    For me it's quite simple and has NOTHING to do with my age.

I admired top bodybuilders when I started 40+ years ago and admire the modern pros today.
    I love training in modern gyms and prefer it to the old dungeon gyms.
    I simply want to see mostly bodybuilders compete when I go to a bodybuilding event. Pretty simple 'eh.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

today was like this

calves simple
    standing raise 3x15-20

misection

Nelson, that's how I do my cardio but I also move the incline up/down with the speed changes.
    Like you, I don't run , but enjoy the fast walking on the treadmill.

You're personal victory over your issues/problems is interesting and I admire your honesty.
    I miss competing, but also know at my age I'd only be a % of my younger days.
    Now as I creep to age 60 this yr, my body just doesn't respond or recover as it once did.

Oh well, this thread shows me that others are having their own struggles.
    I figure that I'm not better or no worse then the avg guy posting on here.
    So, I'll hit back, abs and cardio today and keep fighting the good fight.

Nelson dont mess with voodoo if u have kidney issues in the past! U are training like a beast though. And I like your random videos!

George, we speak sporadically.. U are doing a great job prepping!

Quote Originally Posted by wambammm View Post
    Nelson dont mess with voodoo if u have kidney issues in the past! U are training like a beast though. And I like your random videos!

George, we speak sporadically.. U are doing a great job prepping!
    thanks appreciate, yeah I wont do anything extreme just to look more emanciated for 2 hours lol.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Good thread. Lots of good info
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeUK View Post
    Nelson
    No need for diuretics or extreme water manipulation. If you are in shape you are in shape. Stick to your plan though.

I’m maintaining bodyweight at 230. Been cruise for 4 weeks. Start deficit in 2 weeks, starting prep in 4

maintenance is 4000 training days/ 3500 non training, so will drop to 3750/3250 and gradually work downwards.
    cardio is minimal, but will begin with 2 x dog walks a day instead of 1. My dog will appreciate this prep.
    Yeah no craziness for me. Its funny because years ago I would have loved to be built like a pro like everyone else. Today when I posted that video of Rollins talking about Ozzy I was thinking about how I like something along the lines of his physique from the past, ie solid but athletic type lean with some good quality

presently I am eating fairly clean every 3-4 hours, drinking plenty of water, and just letting the gradually increasing intensity and daily cardio do its work. Goal is to be eating 5-6 small meals over the nest few weeks rather than the 4 medium sized I eat now. from there I will start manipulating things more in regards to calories, carbs, protein and fats, making gradual changes.

This way the fat loss can be more permanant in my opinion

todaywas a day off from weights and indoor cardio, I took a 40 minute walk tonight as the weather lightened up and I wanted to get some time outdoors before the rain and freezing rain that is coming arrives

today's video is logically the Rocky speech,

I want to add another video here today because we forget how fortunate we are to get the opportunity to go workout, have food on our tables, a roof over our heads and people who give a shit about us

this video blew me away

I want to add another video here today because we forget how fortunate we are to get the opportunity to go workout, have food on our tables, a roof over our heads and people who give a shit about us

this video blew me away

The sad truth is that most homeless people have problems with drugs or booze along with mental illness.
    Most homeless bums didn't get that way over night.
    It was a steady, gradual decline into dysfunction helped by lots of booze or drugs.
    That's why I tend to be very supportive of those who beat the drug or booze addiction. It's a rare and tough to do.

I was walking to the parking lot at a Braves game a few years ago.
    A homeless guy stumbled up to me slurring words .
    A few feet from me, he almost fell into me and landed on his face.
    I bent down, asked him if was ok , and he nodded.
    So, I helped him up and gave him a quick bro hug.
    I didn't give him any $$, but I treated him with some dignity.

The most pathetic case was this one unfortunate guy with no legs, in a wheel chair.
    I know how fake scams are done but this poor bastard was the real deal.
    He sat the Braves parking lot with a cup, banging a tambourine.
    Unfortunately I saw him being dropped off by a van and realized they used him to make them $$.

My wife and I give a few bucks each month to a couple charities.
    One digs water wells in 3rd world countries where people don't have access to clean water.
    They're vetted as legit and actually dig water wells.
    It's tough to say ; " Suck it up and go to work" to people who don't even have drinking water.

The other is one that performs basic sight operations .
    Most are 15 min cataract surgery and they can see again.
    Hard to work hard and function when you can't see.

Great thread Nelson.

thanks appreciate, yeah I wont do anything extreme just to look more emanciated for 2 hours lol.
    Please don't. You more then most know the problems that arise from "substance abuse".

I've taken a page from your playbook and sucking it up as I accept reality.
    The deal is , I'm older and way past my peak.
    BUT, I still love bodybuilding, so what can I do. Oy vay, poor Howard .

Well , my wife and I didn't stop making love because we're older.
    Fuk it, we may not look as sexy getting busy, but it still feels good LOL.

Ok, so I miss competing and I'm going to be 60 this yr.
    Guess what, the NPC has an aver 60 div with more then enough competition for me.

Plus , I have my well know views on the current contest scene.
    I'll just do my own thing and leave it at that.

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast