Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ask Ron Ep. 38 - Should natural bodybuilders compete in non-tested shows?

Default Ask Ron Ep. 38 - Should natural bodybuilders compete in non-tested shows?

Muscle Head

Default Natural Bodybuilding

[/QUOTE]
    good episode Ron. I think you spelled it out pretty clearly. The natural shows I have been involved in the past 3 years have all been run very well. I have no complaints. it is good to know there is an alternative for those who choose to compete without. And if you want to do NPC, there is nothing stopping you.

Muscle Head

Good episode Ron. The natural shows I have been involved with have been very well run. I have not been to an NPC show in quite a while.

I think if you are natural and want to compete on a much more even playing field, natural organizations are the way to go. Tested NPC shows stipulation 1-year drug-free, whereas other orgs demand you be clean 5, 7 years, or even lifetime.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Tested NPC shows stipulation 1-year drug-free.
    Therefore, that is the reason why these athletes do not look natural.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    Therefore, that is the reason why these athletes do not look natural.
    If I were a lifetime drug-free bodybuilder, I would not want to compete against a guy who juiced his brains out for 20 years and then decided to quit gear. He would still have a LOT more muscle mass than he would have had he never used.
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

If I were a lifetime drug-free bodybuilder, I would not want to compete against a guy who juiced his brains out for 20 years and then decided to quit gear. He would still have a LOT more muscle mass than he would have had he never used.
    1st, let me give you a sincere THANKS for offering such a thoughtful answer on your Ron line show.

2nd, let me say that I actually enjoyed competing against juiced guys when I was clean.
    It's like your example of the Middle wt natty winning the overall at the big regional NPC show in NY.
    Obviously I wasn't anything too great, but I came in balanced and conditioned when I did Untested NPC shows.
    Even when I only placed 2nd or 3rd and lost to some freak, it was cool to beat other juiced up guys.

Unless you're going to make a pro career, just compete against the best you can and ENJOY the experience.
    Winning some obscure natural show in Pigknuckle USA never inspired me.
    I'd rather place in my wt class at the regional NPC show instead.
    If you don't have the genetic talent you won't be much in ANY organization.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

I will only do Pro qualifiers, and have since 2009. I know I could do better at regional shows, but so what? I would rather go up against the best and place than win in a lesser lineup. And I know I will sound like a dick for saying this, but compared to some of the guys I compete against, I might as well be natural!

I will only do Pro qualifiers, and have since 2009. I know I could do better at regional shows, but so what? I would rather go up against the best and place than win in a lesser lineup. And I know I will sound like a dick for saying this, but compared to some of the guys I compete against, I might as well be natural!
    No Ron, wanting to compete against the best , regardless of winning, should be the goal.
    It's exactly why I chose to compete in state/regional Untested NPC shows when I was clean.
    Not to be a dick, but, I felt some of the natural contest guys, used it as an "excuse" to be lousy BB.

I agree completely with your logic that lower wt classes have less "drug impact".
    THIS is why the new Classic div is ideal for any natty wanting to compete in the NPC.
    The CPD ht/wt ratios prevent anyone from being too massive for the ht.

I'm more proud of taking 2nd in the Open HW and 5th in the Masters at the Team U in 2011 and 2013 than I am for the only NPC Overall I ever won back in 2007. The show was in NH, I beat 1 guy to win my class, and 3 other guys who weren't very good (though one might be pretty damn good by now based on the potential I saw in him) for the Overall. But really, it was a cakewalk. The Team U's were dog fights.

I'm more proud of taking 2nd in the Open HW and 5th in the Masters at the Team U in 2011 and 2013 than I am for the only NPC Overall I ever won back in 2007. The show was in NH, I beat 1 guy to win my class, and 3 other guys who weren't very good (though one might be pretty damn good by now based on the potential I saw in him) for the Overall. But really, it was a cakewalk. The Team U's were dog fights.
    Bingo! Wow Ron, NH show, my 1st show, cool.Plus, most of us only know ( or care) about your strong showings at recent national level shows.

That's why my only remaining motivation is to compete (clean) in the over 60 masters nationals next summer (2019).

Hey, I got a great (brain fart) for another Ron-line topic.
    *Reasons to compete in a national contest.

Obviously, the pro card is a big draw, but it goes deeper.
    I'm in the crowd that wants to be on stage with the best guys in my age/div.
    At my age, the pro card is pretty useless.

Howard, another great idea, thanks!

The Pro card wouldn't change my life either, but I still want it.

Muscle Head

Default Health First

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    Bingo! Wow Ron, NH show, my 1st show, cool.Plus, most of us only know ( or care) about your strong showings at recent national level shows.

That's why my only remaining motivation is to compete (clean) in the over 60 masters nationals next summer (2019).

Hey, I got a great (brain fart) for another Ron-line topic.
    *Reasons to compete in a national contest.

Obviously, the pro card is a big draw, but it goes deeper.
    I'm in the crowd that wants to be on stage with the best guys in my age/div.
    At my age, the pro card is pretty useless.
    I think that is a great attitude to have. I have enjoyed the natural shows as the atmosphere is very collegial. I would do an NPC show as well. I would rather not join multiple organizations but that's just me. My priority is health and fitness 1st. I think we all want to maximize the healthy benefits of bodybuilding.

The Pro card wouldn't change my life either, but I still want it.
    Kinda like buying a classic muscle car doesn't make me a better man, but it's fun to own one.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMan56 View Post
    I think that is a great attitude to have. I have enjoyed the natural shows as the atmosphere is very collegial. I would do an NPC show as well. I would rather not join multiple organizations but that's just me. My priority is health and fitness 1st. I think we all want to maximize the healthy benefits of bodybuilding.
    Good post and realistic attitude!

I can say without hesitation the two(2) NPC Ironman Naturals I did, had the friendliest atmosphere .
    Actually did the post contest pig out with 2 guys I competed with.
    We hit a Popeyes Chicken in Baton Rouge and ate onion rings and chicken until we exploded LOL

Howard, another great idea, thanks!
    For those keeping score, that's 2 good ideas for Howard.
    Alas , even a broken clock is right twice a day. LOL

I'll need one more to beat the clock ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast