Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MD 1 & 2 – Total Subscribers – and Growing! Let’s shoot for 200K for 2018!

Thanks Jen, I appreciate that!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by JAGiresi View Post
    Great question to ask. There is a lot on the horizon. Speaking as a staff writer of MD/FitnessRX - while I cannot divulge what our plans are for the future. I can let you know that you all need to buckle up and enjoy the ride - because there is great stuff happening on the horizon

Also to add to that, Ron is killing it with guests and interviews!! And so is the Tiger & Rascal with their great show!

Rosie, I'm taking your advice. I'm already seeing results! It's been two weeks so far.
    Excellent! Just told Rosie that. She's stealing my peanut butter again I've just noticed, hmm. Where's my big stick?

I know absolutely nothing about publishing, so take the points I am about to wax poetic about as "duh, we tried/do that already" or " stupid idea", "great idea" or just plain planting seeds of thought.

-is there plans for an actual online edition of md?(and not from some special platform). I am one of those people who fondly remember and like to hold an actual physical magazine in my hands, but I also live in the reality that those days are numbered. There are plenty of magazines that now offer both formats or just online. Some are subscrpition service, some are not, advertsing is on both, and if people dont like ads or commericials then they too are not living in reality so fuck em

-with ad dollars for a magazine would it be a good idea to have articles on various competitors and the article is funded/brought to us by the company who sponsor the person, kinda like alot of video content is done these days, which seems to be a win win scenario. Muscletech I belief had alor of their athletes and articles in with the magazines they advertised heavily with(not talking about those avertisements disguised as articles

- lastly how come bodybuilding magazines are always like 2-3 months behind the times when an issue comes out yet if 5 famous celebrities die today(wednesday) by monday people magazine, us magazine, and cosmo all have front page photos and stories on all the dead. That never made sense to me Like how come in this day and age with camera technology and speed and all there is no excuse to not have the Olympia report out within 1-3 weeks. That is not aI am bitching scenario as much as a confused about why it is this way compared to mainstream mags

-

With the instant update technology of the Internet, I don't think it makes sense to do any contest reports in print mags anymore. You can see all the pics and videos within a couple hours, or live if it's streamed. That being said, I used to LOVE the contest reports by men like Peter McGough and the late Julian Schmidt. I didn't mind the more recent ones in FLEX, but I got tired of the overused phrases '3D' and 'Hi-def.'
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Barbarian

There is still a place for good in depth well written print articles whether they are opinion pieces or reports. Good well researched articles are few and far between on the internet unless of course you are reading copies of former print articles.

Who would have MD (online) would be where it is now 12 months ago. It has surely surpassed even the most optimistic persons expectations, and all done on a shoestring budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Beat View Post
    There is still a place for good in depth well written print articles whether they are opinion pieces or reports. Good well researched articles are few and far between on the internet unless of course you are reading copies of former print articles.
    This!!
    Humanity has been led by failures.

Quote Originally Posted by Donflex View Post
    Who would have MD (online) would be where it is now 12 months ago. It has surely surpassed even the most optimistic persons expectations, and all done on a shoestring budget.
    Ron and team have done an amazing job of rebuilding this site to something pretty special now. And he ain't done yet. Good job mate, you know you and Steve always have mine and Rosie's love and support mate.

Exciting!!

You mean for the triceps?? Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by JAGiresi View Post
    Great question to ask. There is a lot on the horizon. Speaking as a staff writer of MD/FitnessRX - while I cannot divulge what our plans are for the future. I can let you know that you all need to buckle up and enjoy the ride - because there is great stuff happening on the horizon

Also to add to that, Ron is killing it with guests and interviews!! And so is the Tiger & Rascal with their great show!

Rosie, I'm taking your advice. I'm already seeing results! It's been two weeks so far.
    'Muscle and Grace all up in your face'

Juggernaut

Yes! I pushed it up a notch on Thursday morning and was feeling the burn. Thanks for the advice - it really helped!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Contributing Editor - MD & FitnessRX
    http://www.jagiresi.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12