Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MD Muscle News Weekly with Giles & Rosie - Episode 3

Default MD Muscle News Weekly with Giles & Rosie - Episode 3

Love the story about how you got Sami into the Amateur Olympia and why he decided not to take his pro card.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

We've started to introduce pics and video now, will put even more in for future episodes.
    MD Muscle News Weekly Ep. 29- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfFHUMbUHI8

Going down to see Cedric today down South, so him and Rosie can start work on their guest posing later this year.

excellent show and i like Rosie's look when she is more muscled like now

i like Rosie's face when Giles keeps telling the story about how him and Samir Troudi shared a cab together...

Juggernaut

Great episode! Really upbeat - funny, informative and a lot of fun. Listened to you guys while I was having breakfast. I have a question for Rosie. I have a heck of a time with my triceps. I can never get that solid toned look. What do you think is the best exercise for good toned triceps? What do you recommend personally for women as one of the best tricep exercises.

I know all of The stories word for word

Thankyou, getting stronger with every session at the moment. Really feeling the benefits of high carbs!! Yum

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    i like Rosie's face when Giles keeps telling the story about how him and Samir Troudi shared a cab together...
    'Muscle and Grace all up in your face'

Sat down deciding out topics for episode 4 now!

More video and photos being worked in from now as well.

I am off work today so watching it now

rosie looks like she is getting some more muscle there

Hey, thankyou. I think the excercise selection is dependant on what you can feel and what your range of motion is like.

My favourite is dumbell skull crushers, but I know not everyone can do these without feeling awkward or elbows splaying outwards.

I also love the barbell skull crushers, but feel the handgrip with dumbells hits more of the beefy part of the muscle.

Try this circuit... it’ll give you an idea of which exercises give you the best connection. It will also stimulate muscle growth to start with (giving you the right, toned look)...

https://youtu.be/P01H0XpNpk0

Then it would be good to start lifting more weight and doing more basic for a bit.

choose 3 exercises

Rope pushdown
    Dumbell Skull crushers
    Dips or kick back

do 2-3 warm sets on each 60-90 secs rest
    2-1-2 rep pace

Then 1-2 big working sets on each exercise, using some techniques like slow negatives, rest/pause, drop sets...

Keep a log book and try improve each week. You must lift some decent weight to give a better look to this area.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGiresi View Post
    Great episode! Really upbeat - funny, informative and a lot of fun. Listened to you guys while I was having breakfast. I have a question for Rosie. I have a heck of a time with my triceps. I can never get that solid toned look. What do you think is the best exercise for good toned triceps? What do you recommend personally for women as one of the best tricep exercises.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Rascal View Post
    Hey, thankyou. I think the excercise selection is dependant on what you can feel and what your range of motion is like.

My favourite is dumbell skull crushers, but I know not everyone can do these without feeling awkward or elbows splaying outwards.

I also love the barbell skull crushers, but feel the handgrip with dumbells hits more of the beefy part of the muscle.

Try this circuit... it’ll give you an idea of which exercises give you the best connection. It will also stimulate muscle growth to start with (giving you the right, toned look)...

https://youtu.be/P01H0XpNpk0

Then it would be good to start lifting more weight and doing more basic for a bit.

choose 3 exercises

Rope pushdown
    Dumbell Skull crushers
    Dips or kick back

do 2-3 warm sets on each 60-90 secs rest
    2-1-2 rep pace

Then 1-2 big working sets on each exercise, using some techniques like slow negatives, rest/pause, drop sets...

Keep a log book and try improve each week. You must lift some decent weight to give a better look to this area.
    The other night I was farting around for triceps and put a high incline bench in front of the functional trainer cable set up facing out. I used the small v ahped tricpes bar sat down (with the pulley set high behind me) and sis trips pressouts which put my triceps in a totalally good position and had a good stretch and contraction(the range kinda went on a angle forward but down but the trips were totally locked in to my sides(something hard when doing regular high pulley extansions. My right triceps I tore the later head years ago in my sleep and it was the first time where in that range of motion where I felt the entire triceps working, the range visually like a lying skull crusher

took a pic but a bit fuzzy

inclinepressouts.jpg

Juggernaut

Thank you, Rosie! I will try some of these out and let you know how I do. I've always had a rough time with the triceps.
    Over the past year, I've optioned for body weight exercises to keep my core and legs toned. It works well but triceps are tough. Even when I was at my skinniest - I never got that right. I'll let you know how I do with these suggestions.
    Thanks a whole lot!
    Contributing Editor - MD & FitnessRX
    http://www.jagiresi.com

halfway through and you guys are talking about flex and others with attitude etc

I have found just by observation that the most grounded successful people are the ones who had the gifts but had to work up the ladder. The ones who had the same gifts but got success too fast tend to end up aloof or and up in some kind of trouble, usually financial and/or health. They also tend to learn from their mistakes more when they are not just handed everything. I beleive Flex wheeler touched on this how when he hit the pro ranks everyone wanted a piece of him, kissed his ass and he had alot of pressure to live up to alot of the hype, so he became full headed as a result. Look at him today totally different person. I can realter because ironically we share the same birthday and shit went to my head over stuff I was getting good at in my work life

I think alot of it has to do with believing the press about yourself too much

probably why alot of the 212 guys and women's physique pro's seem a bit more balanced and have more public comraderie, because they have to hustle more in this industry because the contracts and prize money is not just handed out like other divisions

I remember Flex Lewis when he was a kid with big legs just coming up on Muscle Mayhem. I think people saw he had potential as a pro but

re the NLP stuff I am reading a condensed version of Anthony Robbins book called re-awaken the giant within, and he refers to how he expanded on the NLP stuff(I have to get another copy of personal power to check NLP out) and how we have to continously re-enforce it like you mentioned.

I have also used(re used) his advice on our emotions, because last year was a pretty negative year and I was fed up.

If you get a chance check out the documentary on netflix on Tony Robbins. I love the fact that he says and has said many times that he is not a motivational guru. I like how he puts people on the spot in the documentary.

I also think that the thing with food is our relationship with food, we treat cheat days like it is some kind of bad thing, especially after being strict for a week or 6 which is bullshit. Because then we carry that over and look at the chicken breast and veggies like a burden. I think we need to trest the chicken breast and veggies with the same emotion as we treat that pizza we get to eat once in a while

Tom Hardy, check him out in James Gandolfini's last film, The Drop.

have not seen the Legend movie yet will check it out

Exactly right!!
    I never say treat or cheat meal to my clients. Trying not to put any sort of excitement around those different foods.

I never had any issues around food until I started with “cheat meals” in my first years of competing. So I conditioned myself to see junk food as something exciting and something to look forward to. It took time to undo that shit!!!

Language played a big part for me. Just saying things like “I can take or leave it” instead of “I love chocolate” had a massive impact.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    re the NLP stuff I am reading a condensed version of Anthony Robbins book called re-awaken the giant within, and he refers to how he expanded on the NLP stuff(I have to get another copy of personal power to check NLP out) and how we have to continously re-enforce it like you mentioned.

I have also used(re used) his advice on our emotions, because last year was a pretty negative year and I was fed up.

If you get a chance check out the documentary on netflix on Tony Robbins. I love the fact that he says and has said many times that he is not a motivational guru. I like how he puts people on the spot in the documentary.

I also think that the thing with food is our relationship with food, we treat cheat days like it is some kind of bad thing, especially after being strict for a week or 6 which is bullshit. Because then we carry that over and look at the chicken breast and veggies like a burden. I think we need to trest the chicken breast and veggies with the same emotion as we treat that pizza we get to eat once in a while

Tom Hardy, check him out in James Gandolfini's last film, The Drop.

have not seen the Legend movie yet will check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Rascal View Post
    Exactly right!!
    I never say treat or cheat meal to my clients. Trying not to put any sort of excitement around those different foods.

I never had any issues around food until I started with “cheat meals” in my first years of competing. So I conditioned myself to see junk food as something exciting and something to look forward to. It took time to undo that shit!!!

Language played a big part for me. Just saying things like “I can take or leave it” instead of “I love chocolate” had a massive impact.
    Exactly.

I never knew nor had any proble with 'overtraining" until I read some Mike Mentzer articles in the late 80's, same way I never touched drugs until age 33 when the word "addiction" started showing up in my vocabulary to describe me and too much booze lol. In fact the minute I "identifed" as an alcohlic after getting tossed into AA by the family, work and courts because I hit a parked Jeep Cherokee in a snowstorm driving less than 20 km per hour yet blew 0.09 and got charged at 21. After that any time I picked up a beer whether months or years I went all out because that is what I was led to believe. Priot to that I was just like any other young man my age having fun on saturday night FFS

I should have lived my life like Lemmy from Motorhead, not the drug and alcohol use, but from the standpoint of just live your life and don't worry about labals
    I was not a rock star, but I loved being on the road visiting clients and staying in hotels lol

Live life, enjoy what you are doing and enjoy the process(and treat every day with the attitude that it is not monday, but saturday)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast