Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ask Ron Ep. 40 - My take on Y3T Training & who will push Phil Heath at the O

Default Ask Ron Ep. 40 - My take on Y3T Training & who will push Phil Heath at the O

I agree on Phil Heath, hard to beat if he is in shape, even I dont like how he has "evolved"
    For the next Ask Ron, tell us something about your way as a Hardgainer

It seems like its a lot easier for you gain weight today, is it because of age? Or are you a better eater today?

cheers

Barbarian

thanks for adressing my question,love the background banner! i have said it before but worth repeating,you are doing an excellent job,
    i am reading your articles for many years!

Quote Originally Posted by alvertos View Post
    thanks for adressing my question,love the background banner! i have said it before but worth repeating,you are doing an excellent job,
    i am reading your articles for many years!
    Thanks! I appreciate that very much.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by fabian_gymfood View Post
    I agree on Phil Heath, hard to beat if he is in shape, even I dont like how he has "evolved"
    For the next Ask Ron, tell us something about your way as a Hardgainer

It seems like its a lot easier for you gain weight today, is it because of age? Or are you a better eater today?

cheers
    I will talk about that, sure. I've always been a hardgainer. That pic was 1987 vs. 1993. Started gear in beginning of 1997 and that made a massive difference, though I never had the crazy response/gains the elite did. It's actually still very hard for me to gain lean muscle tissue, though that's a combination of being almost 49, having almost 35 years of lifting experience, and being too cheap to use GH and not being a fan of insulin after getting fat when I gave it a good run a couple off-seasons ago.
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Ron I think at our age it's more of refining the muscle we do have. Don't get me wrong, when I hit it, I kill it & still strive for every ounce more of muscle I can put on. Yet reality IS there, and if I couldn't build an arm bigger than 20" when I was in my 20's, 30's or 40's, it probably isn't going to happen now - without getting soft that is. Good thing with age & added years of training is muscle maturity. I look much better now at 250 vs 20 years ago at 250.

On another note, I agree with previous poster. I have a stack of muscle mags at home dating back to the 70's. I have always enjoyed your articles in MD (not that you go back to the 70's haha). Keep up the good work.

After an age it is no longer about building new muscle, but about keeping what has been achieved. But at the end of the day, you train and feed in the same way, with perseverance and passion, so there are not many changes in your routine and lifestyle.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Barbarian

after training for so many years,we have probably tried everything under the sun...i still try to find ways to improve the training,supplements and nutrition but i dont think it will make big difference!
    saw a guy today in the gym doing 80 kgs front squats for reps with good depth.
    he was tall,lean and muscular,wearing long pants and shirt ,while beside him a fat 30 something guy wearing a shirtless vest and bad tattoos was strugling in incline presses with 15 kgs on the bar and lowering the bar to his nose!

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    After an age it is no longer about building new muscle, but about keeping what has been achieved. But at the end of the day, you train and feed in the same way, with perseverance and passion, so there are not many changes in your routine and lifestyle.
    I totally agree. Yet, as bodybuilders, we are always chasing perfection. We are always a work in progress. I know I have weak points still, and I simply refuse to give up on improving them. Doesn't matter that the odds are stacked against me like Mount Everest to an anthill, I will not quit.

Great comments on Y3T and the need for rest/recovery.
    The comments about genetics and levels of enhancements were dead on target.

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhí O'Buadain View Post
    Great comments on Y3T and the need for rest/recovery.
    The comments about genetics and levels of enhancements were dead on target.
    Thanks D!