Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CALI HAS GONE TO POT - Marijuana Mecca, Not Bodybuilding!!

Default CALI HAS GONE TO POT - Marijuana Mecca, Not Bodybuilding!!

I have no problems with anyone using pot ( or steroids).
    I tried weed a few times and never got high or felt good from it.
    It made me dizzy , confused and feeling sick to the my stomach ( same with beer).

But that's just me and I'm glad people can decide to use or not without the old legal hassles.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

This thread is not BMC approved.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

What's crazy to think about is how many people over the years who wanted to make some cash by selling marijuana were punished for it. Yet, one day, a state decides it needs the money so it sells drugs. No problem. Just don't you do it. Yeah, I know, it's all about the tax evasion. Just like the federal government can fail to balance its budget, fall deep into debt etc and it's fine....no consequences. Talk about cases of "do as I say and not as I do". Unreal.

On a side note, I think marijuana having ever been illegal is moronic. I don't have a problem with that. It's just unreal how the government has the luxury to simply do what that others can't or what might otherwise be illegal or immoral simply because THEY decide to. Must be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    What's crazy to think about is how many people over the years who wanted to make some cash by selling marijuana were punished for it. Yet, one day, a state decides it needs the money so it sells drugs. No problem. Just don't you do it. Yeah, I know, it's all about the tax evasion. Just like the federal government can fail to balance its budget, fall deep into debt etc and it's fine....no consequences. Talk about cases of "do as I say and not as I do". Unreal.

On a side note, I think marijuana having ever been illegal is moronic. I don't have a problem with that. It's just unreal how the government has the luxury to simply do what that others can't or what might otherwise be illegal or immoral simply because THEY decide to. Must be nice.
    whats crazy and underhanded is what they are doing here in Ontario and other provinces, Basically they are white collaring the whole thing and pushing out all the people in the weed industry who took all the risks to fight for legalization. And the people getting into the weed business, former politicians including former premiers(which is like a governor here) all kinds of former politicians and former cops and chiefs of police. And some of these cronies were the biggest anti pot put everyone in jail who smokes types.

I find it funny that there were so many small businesses created through the medicalMJ market here and now they have been muscled out by big corporate interestes and government run stores. If anything any politician, police chief who was in pwer prior to this should be forbidden by law with getting into the business. They just spent decades making and enforcing the laws, now they are the dealers. Bullshit.

Anyways aside from that these big shots getting intot he business are still going to have to compete with the underworld or at best pay them off because I cant see them giving up the pot business so easily

Aside from that when it is 100% in a store legal, I have no problem smoking some. Unlike everything else drug related pot was the only substance I could ever injest 1-3 puffs worth then leave for a week or 2. hell I cant even have a bag of chips in the cupboard

good examples, these new partners were once the top cops in ontario(OPP) and canada(RCMP). One of them compared pot to murder once, now they are in the business, that is fucking bullshit. I actually used to respect Fantino because he ran shit not as a popularity contests and once stuck to his gums no matter how popular or unpopular his decisions and comments were.

No more

this should have been mom and pop businesses and created opportunity for those who want a chacnce not for those who have had an abundance in life

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/...ness-1.4403194

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    good examples, these new partners were once the top cops in ontario(OPP) and canada(RCMP). One of them compared pot to murder once, now they are in the business, that is fucking bullshit. I actually used to respect Fantino because he ran shit not as a popularity contests and once stuck to his gums no matter how popular or unpopular his decisions and comments were.

No more

this should have been mom and pop businesses and created opportunity for those who want a chacnce not for those who have had an abundance in life

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/...ness-1.4403194
    Total joke. Shameful.

Hypocrisy is always shameful.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post

Agree with you 100%. As we speak there is a local (Atlanta) rapper Ralo, who is on a federal hold without bond for drug trafficking......he was caught with 400+ lbs of marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    whats crazy and underhanded is what they are doing here in Ontario and other provinces, Basically they are white collaring the whole thing and pushing out all the people in the weed industry who took all the risks to fight for legalization. And the people getting into the weed business, former politicians including former premiers(which is like a governor here) all kinds of former politicians and former cops and chiefs of police. And some of these cronies were the biggest anti pot put everyone in jail who smokes types.

I find it funny that there were so many small businesses created through the medicalMJ market here and now they have been muscled out by big corporate interestes and government run stores. If anything any politician, police chief who was in pwer prior to this should be forbidden by law with getting into the business. They just spent decades making and enforcing the laws, now they are the dealers. Bullshit.

Anyways aside from that these big shots getting intot he business are still going to have to compete with the underworld or at best pay them off because I cant see them giving up the pot business so easily

Aside from that when it is 100% in a store legal, I have no problem smoking some. Unlike everything else drug related pot was the only substance I could ever injest 1-3 puffs worth then leave for a week or 2. hell I cant even have a bag of chips in the cupboard
    Similar here. Any previous weed conviction bars you from participating in the legal weed trade. Fucking John Baner just joined the board of a pot company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

The government is only the reflection of the society that produces it, society is sometimes intolerant, sometimes conformist, sometimes revolutionary. I mean, the American people always complain about the government, taxes and its restrictive laws, but they often have fascist governments.

In reality, corporations and governments hardly differ, the same people are in charge.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

"Increasing access will lead to increased use."

jesus fucking christ, fire whoever wrote this opinion piece

Quote Originally Posted by MrMetabolism View Post
    "Increasing access will lead to increased use."

jesus fucking christ, fire whoever wrote this opinion piece
    It was a typo. Should be "abuse." I'll change it.
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
    Steve Blechman, Publisher/Editor-in-Chief
    Facebook Twitter Instagram

This is the dumbest thing in the history of MD

Quote Originally Posted by tyler_physique View Post
    This is the dumbest thing in the history of MD
    Really? Why? I'm curious.

I smoked a lot of pot in college, and stopped smoking after college when I entered the real world of business - when you had to work 10 hours a day, seven days a week. Smoking pot just didn't crack it! I switched to red wine with my Mediterranean diet that I've followed for 30 years. I put Clint Eastwood on the Mediterranean Diet way back!
    I wrestled in college. I was on a four-year wrestling scholarship. During the wrestling season, I didn't smoke pot. I was into edibles. For example, I made a great infusion of marijuana tea. After wrestling meets, I would treat myself to marijuana brownies. I found that smoking pot during the wrestling season hindered my performance and lung capacity. So I stuck with the edibles and that worked for me. I was a party animal in college and don't regret it. I had a good time. It was a great experience.

I think there's a great future for medicinal marijuana for the treatment of pain and now of course the first approved drug for epilepsy.

I think smoking marijuana is a health risk just like smoking cigarettes. The exposure of smoke has many known carcinogens and mutagens that could increase the risk of cancer and other diseases. For many years, I would go to photo shoots and many of the European bodybuilders would take a smoking break - mostly cigarettes. Europeans are big time smokers. I guess the nicotine addiction helped them get ripped. Nicotine is a very potent thermogenic stimulant and increases performance. Recent studies have shown that nicotine increases brown fat. We have about 6% brown fat located predominantly between our neck and shoulder blades (scapula muscle.) The rest is predominantly white fat, the more brown fat you have - the more calories you burn. Brown fat, unlike white fat, is loaded with mitochondria which enhances energy expenditure. No wonder many people, especially women, smoke just to maintain their weight. It's a real serious addiction and health concern.

I've never, ever smoked weed in my life, simply didn't interest me. Ate it a couple of times though, on my 23rd birthday I took the train from London to see my friends in Bristol, those were always messy weekends so I always brought my protein with me to get through those manic party nights.

I was working for Dorian and Naeem at Met-Rx at the time in London so took a pack of Met-Rx pancake mix with me (gift from the boss for my birthday ha ha) and my best friend Gareth at his house sees the packet.

"Giles mate, seeing as it's your birthday why don't I make you some of those?" He says.

"awww cheers buddy, how uncharacteristically kind of you!" I replied.

A few minutes later he comes through with them, I ate them pretty fast but noticed they were kinda gritty, not wanting to offend Gareth I crunched on through guzzling them down with lots of water.

A little while later my mouth went a tad dry, my vision a little blurry. Gareth and my other friend Sullivan sat on the sofa across the room staring intently at me, grinning.

Cut a long story short I spent the remainder of my birthday writhing on the bed giggling and basically being a complete mental person. Oh, and my girlfriend at the time (who was back in London) decided to end things when I called her and couldn't really speak too well, that she saw as an admission of guilt that for whatever bizarre reason she felt I was with my ex ex ex girlfriend also in London.

Yeah, so thanks Gareth.

The other time Gareth did this was spiking a yoghurt with the same gritty stuff back in our flat we shared in Wales. I passed out in the chair and he and my other friends thought it would be highly amusing to take photos of me with a cigarette in one hand (I didn't smoke), a beer can in the other and shaving foam on my head.

I returned the favour to Gareth when I ran him over on a holiday to my Dad's house in Cyprus back in 1998. I literally reversed the car over him albeit unintentionally. Still, finally 19 years later being best man at his wedding I recited this story in my speech, to which he FINALLY laughed about.
    MD Muscle News Weekly Ep. 29- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfFHUMbUHI8

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Blechman View Post
    I think smoking marijuana is a health risk just like smoking cigarettes. The exposure of smoke has many known carcinogens and mutagens that could increase the risk of cancer and other diseases. For many years, I would go to photo shoots and many of the European bodybuilders would take a smoking break - mostly cigarettes. Europeans are big time smokers. I guess the nicotine addiction helped them get ripped. Nicotine is a very potent thermogenic stimulant and increases performance. Recent studies have shown that nicotine increases brown fat. We have about 6% brown fat located predominantly between our neck and shoulder blades (scapula muscle.) The rest is predominantly white fat, the more brown fat you have - the more calories you burn. Brown fat, unlike white fat, is loaded with mitochondria which enhances energy expenditure. No wonder many people, especially women, smoke just to maintain their weight. It's a real serious addiction and health concern.
    Smoking to get nicotine is not healthy, hygienic or smart, but nicotine is not dangerous or carcinogenic, it is just a stimulant similar to caffeine, we can get nicotine from chewing gums. For bodybuilders in cut diet it should be an option to consider. What is your opinion?
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast