Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Why do Africans/African American people have the best genetics?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Beat View Post
    Swimming is one area blacks don't tend to excel in...I've never looked into the reasons why.

There are little to no Indian and Pakistani soocer players playing in the top leagues around the world despite good participation rates in soccer for these countries.
    Is swimming popular among black population? It might just be a cultural thing.
    -------------------------------
    let him who is without slin cast the first stone

Whites seem to be good at hockey.

Banned

when it comes to MMA, it's pretty even, whites, blacks, Brazilians, Hispanics, etc, they all seem to do pretty good

I'm not an expert in swimming, but i know a few sports physiologists that study locomotion in general and also swimming and most of them think that blacks are not genetically inferior to whites when it comes to swimming and that the current situation is totally due to social factors (i.e. relatively few black people go to swim regularly and there is noto much involvment for tradition and economical reasons).

The same can be said for ice hockey and winter sports, in general, which we can consider niche sports

As far as MMA and other combat sports, there's much more involved than physical skills (technique, fight IQ...) but even there, you can easily detect that the elite black fighter tend to excel because of their physical capabilities, while the white because of technique and fight IQ.

To sum up, it's pretty difficult to make assumptions about different ethnicities' physical capabilities in sports that involve much more than physical prowess, such as technique, training regimens, in game IQ, or the basic fact that some sports are very niche, so most kids would never be involved in them and find out if they are skilled or not.

The best sport to make assumptions as far as power advantage is track and field sprint, which is basically the most genetically determined sport around.
    There you can easily see that african americans and carribeans are the most gifted.

If we would Like to make an inference about our beloved bodybuilding, powerlifting, weightlifting or strongman, which are sports largely dependent upon power and muscle hypertrophy, it's safe to speculate that, given the same training regimens, drugs, physical features, a black population would tend to beat a white one.

Quote Originally Posted by falpis View Post
    Yours is a phylogenetical explanation, i.e. which is the purpose for which they became like that, which is for sure fascinating.

What i'm more interested in, anyway, is the cause:
    What causes them to ne better??
    Does it pertains to the muscle fiber (number of fibers and there populations) which is the most likely scenario, or is it something eventi more obscure at the intracellular level?

Actually, we still don't know
    I would defer you to the aforementioned books 'the dirtiest race in history' and 'guns, germs and steel' for a potential explanation. Darwinism of the slave trade and selection pressure from slavers selected for many of the traits you mention. If you get enough genetic variation sooner or later you'll be able to select for desirable traits.
    PhD Human Nutrition

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789