Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Judging Callouts & Comparisons - 2018 IFBB Muscle Mayhem Pro

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    A lot of rookie mistakes, BLS is really weird and nonsense.
    He is not a rookie but a Pro with many shows under his belt. Why they don't know how to pose yet is beyond me, and also a testament of just how much genetics response to large amount of drugs is the number one factor in this endeavor.

I had Akim winning.

Toney Freeman and Brandon Curry also hit their back lat spreads like that.
    I don't think someone showing support for someone on stage should have any negative impact on their placing. Dexter has had a woman screaming for him for the past 5 years and he's done fine.

Quote Originally Posted by R_00N View Post
    Toney Freeman and Brandon Curry also hit their back lat spreads like that.
    I don't think someone showing support for someone on stage should have any negative impact on their placing. Dexter has had a woman screaming for him for the past 5 years and he's done fine.
    I agree someone supporting you should not have a negative impact on placings...however (have you watched listened to the video?) that was “ too much “(imaging being next to or in front of said screaming girl...those people paid for their tickets also) a few words of encouragement and or to hit a certain pose is fine .... a non stop barrage of “ tighten up Akim!...look wide Akim!... nice Akim!.. is not needed and almost disrespectful to the other competitors (how about if they start screaming back for another competitor?!! .. it would turn into a screaming match!.. pre-judging is a fairly quiet somber affair where the judges decide placings .... it’s not the WWF

Where was this show held? In a basement somewhere? Looks like lights they used where only in front on floor pointing upwards. This causes shadowy effect. No lighting from up above pointing directly at them. Promoter apparently too cheap to run rail/bar up top across stage.

No sure what the hype is with Charles Griffen.. looks pedestrian here against Akim and Max. Max looked the most improved.. Had Akim winning, Max 2nd, Charles 3rd.

4th tier level show here put on by the promoter.. nowhere near professional standards for IFBB. Should be embarrassed.
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

Quote Originally Posted by dave415 View Post
    Where was this show held? In a basement somewhere? Looks like lights they used where only in front on floor pointing upwards. This causes shadowy effect. No lighting from up above pointing directly at them. Promoter apparently too cheap to run rail/bar up top across stage.

No sure what the hype is with Charles Griffen.. looks pedestrian here against Akim and Max. Max looked the most improved.. Had Akim winning, Max 2nd, Charles 3rd.

4th tier level show here put on by the promoter.. nowhere near professional standards for IFBB. Should be embarrassed.
    That’s the way I see it from the videos. Griffen’s body doesn’t flow very well.
    I stop me....no one else does.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude2 View Post
    I had Akim winning.AGAIN
    Yap
    We're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy...

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeUK View Post
    There ya go. Rosie and Emma are quite friendly - correct? Kate impressed me with her presentation also.
    Yes mate, Rosie and Emma have trained and worked together many times.

Top 3 were real close. Tough show to Judge. Arguments could be made for all of them to be first. But even Williams, Brandao and Lockett looked good. We have been getting spoiled with some great shows in 2018. Not surprised though, the last two Olympias have had deep quality line-ups and this year looks like it will be even better. Critics keep trying to say bodybuilding is dead but this season shows otherwise. Pros are competing a lot, guys are improving (like Akim and Curry) and new guys are emerging.

Griffen won !!!

not easy , but at least he had calves !!!

top three looked great

but Griffen looked good enough to me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12