Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Throwing in a little junk complimenting a very clean diet when bulking.

Muscle Head

Default Throwing in a little junk complimenting a very clean diet when bulking.

Say a guy is very tall and lean and needs to put on mass during his bulking faze. He has an extremely fast metabolism as metabolic testing has resulted in showing him that he burns 3200 calories at rest. Would you guys approve of him throwing in a little junk paired with mostly clean foods? For example, he bulks on basmati rice, sweet potatoes, oatmeal and other low GI carb sources. But then he'll throw in a kit kat bar or something like that here and there for some extra carbs and calories.

Your thoughts on this and what you think of this philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by NPCCompetitor79 View Post
    Say a guy is very tall and lean and needs to put on mass during his bulking faze. He has an extremely fast metabolism as metabolic testing has resulted in showing him that he burns 3200 calories at rest. Would you guys approve of him throwing in a little junk paired with mostly clean foods? For example, he bulks on basmati rice, sweet potatoes, oatmeal and other low GI carb sources. But then he'll throw in a kit kat bar or something like that here and there for some extra carbs and calories.

Your thoughts on this and what you think of this philosophy.
    Dude Im a tall ecto , you need junk a few times a week. Forget a kit kat eat burgers ( yes plural ) and fries or a pizza a couples times a week. Have a candy bar a day bro

Muscle Head

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon View Post
    Dude Im a tall ecto , you need junk a few times a week. Forget a kit kat eat burgers ( yes plural ) and fries or a pizza a couples times a week. Have a candy bar a day bro
    Thanks for the reply. I have come to the conclusion that I will have to do as you say but my question to you is "What do you do when you feel you spill over during bulking?" Do you just continue to focus on getting stronger in the gym and worry about the extra water later on as long as you are putting on muscle mass? Or are you one of the guys out there who always tries to stay away from that? I know some guys out there don't give a fuck if they spill over and some do. I for one am getting much stronger and the pumps are excellent plus I do not have a show until 2019 so in my opinion increased strength and pumps take priority right now over what the fuck I look like with my shirt off. I just feel personally being so obsessive compulsive about how aesthetically appealing I look without a shirt on is going to be counterproductive right now. Just eat and push myself hard in the gym is my focus.

I had a coach of mine who I recently got rid of and the last straw was when he said "Man stay photoshoot ready! We need to stay photoshoot ready!" I then replied to him and said "What is the goal here? We are bulking correct? Fuck Photoshoots right now. The goal is to put on size so when I cut down I can move up in my division!" So I decided it was time to move on. Sorry for the rant but I'm really sick and tired about how so many people have the mentality where they still care the most about how good they look shirtless instead of bulking and not giving a fuck about anything else other than increased strength in the gym and putting on size. I am extremely sensitive when I start cutting as I shred down to nothing so last thing I need to do is have pressure on me during a bulking faze about staying lean as possible. That will only cause me to be too conscious about how aesthetically appealing I look when that is the last thing we need right now.
    Last edited by NPCCompetitor79; June 12th, 2018 at 11:19 AM.

What is your height, current weight and how many pounds are you planning on putting on before you start to cut?

I am against the concept of and the actual term bulking. It involves rapid weight gain that in most cases results in a number on the scale as opposed to lean mass or measured gains in lacking areas. True ogfseason progress and long term results in bodybuilding is slow and steady wins the race

There is an amount of body fat that you can carry and still make solid gains in strength and muscle mass. If you pass that amount, you will increase your estrogen, reduce your testosterone, insulin sensitivity will be crap, and you will simply get fat.

That's what you should keep in mind, so eat whatever you want, as long as you meet the requirements.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Muscle Head

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    There is an amount of body fat that you can carry and still make solid gains in strength and muscle mass. If you pass that amount, you will increase your estrogen, reduce your testosterone, insulin sensitivity will be crap, and you will simply get fat.

That's what you should keep in mind, so eat whatever you want, as long as you meet the requirements.
    Of course.

My current weight is 211

My macros are set at 460 - 465 carbs

211 -215 protein

75 fats

We will see how this goes for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by NPCCompetitor79 View Post
    Of course.

My current weight is 211

My macros are set at 460 - 465 carbs

211 -215 protein

75 fats

We will see how this goes for a few weeks.
    How tall are you? First your protein is way too low even if your natural. PM me with details Ill give you my thoughts. I have a soft spot for tall guys no homo. Plus im not giving out free diets on the board

Muscle Head

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon View Post
    How tall are you? First your protein is way too low even if your natural. PM me with details Ill give you my thoughts. I have a soft spot for tall guys no homo. Plus im not giving out free diets on the board
    I'll send you a message now.

lmao, this guy doesn't want to say how tall he is?

if this dude is 6'3", 200lbs, he's probably looking more like swimming champ Michael Phelps.
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo