Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Daily Pump Pics

Beast

A while ago I asked all of you to "like" a facebook page and many of you did so.
    It was for a young man named Nick who has been battling cancer. His mother works with my wife.
    At 2:13 this morning his battle ended. Tomorrow was his 13th birthday.

I spoke with my grandmother this morning who is still in the hospital. I was going to go see her today but she asked me not too.
    Tie in yesterdays events in CT and I am not doing so well.

Not looking for "help" or anything else, but I actually feel a bit better getting it out there.
    Thanks for all the FB "likes", I am sure it helped out even in some small way.
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

Forum Leader: Teen Bodybuilding Young Blood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tjoe View Post
    A while ago I asked all of you to "like" a facebook page and many of you did so.
    It was for a young man named Nick who has been battling cancer. His mother works with my wife.
    At 2:13 this morning his battle ended. Tomorrow was his 13th birthday.

I spoke with my grandmother this morning who is still in the hospital. I was going to go see her today but she asked me not too.
    Tie in yesterdays events in CT and I am not doing so well.

Not looking for "help" or anything else, but I actually feel a bit better getting it out there.
    Thanks for all the FB "likes", I am sure it helped out even in some small way.
    Joe, you are one of the most genuine guys on here, hell you are one of the nicest guys I know full stop. I think I speak for everyone here when I say we are here for you bro. Stay strong man, my thoughts and prayers are right with you right now. Not really much I can do or say, other than hit me up at anytime if you wanna vent or just talk, you have my email address.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Schmoe???????
    Attached Images Attached Images

Saddened by the happenings in CT.....as a father it's so scary you can't protect your kids all the time. I hate that everytime this stuff happens the vultures come out with a political agenda.

I've seen a good amount of gruesome shit.....when I was a teen I worked with my step dad who was a mortician....used to be what I wanted to do. The funeral home he worked at was pretty hood....eventually got tired of seeing gsw's that seemed to be getting closer to my age (13 at the time) . Now as an ER nurse I see death on at least a weekly basis....sometimes it effects everyone depending on the case. We live in one fucked up unsafe world
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigoso View Post
    Saddened by the happenings in CT.....as a father it's so scary you can't protect your kids all the time. I hate that everytime this stuff happens the vultures come out with a political agenda.

I've seen a good amount of gruesome shit.....when I was a teen I worked with my step dad who was a mortician....used to be what I wanted to do. The funeral home he worked at was pretty hood....eventually got tired of seeing gsw's that seemed to be getting closer to my age (13 at the time) . Now as an ER nurse I see death on at least a weekly basis....sometimes it effects everyone depending on the case. We live in one fucked up unsafe world
    How do you NOT take that home with you?

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    How do you NOT take that home with you?
    It's hard sometimes, especially when they are young. Honestly a lot of nurses become pretty callous. Like meat said plenty of times you code someone, work em, do everything you can, but don't get em back.....and then go eat lunch. The hardest part for me is when family is present and they are losing it and you can see that hurt
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

If you took it home you couldn't do the job.

I think most of us though that are in the field or even an ER nurse like Oso get a thrill out of it. A bad wreck, shooting, stabbing, etc etc. But the the thrill is getting it, and tryin to save them or whatever. Nothing thrilling about kids killed like the recent shooting. That's something those guys will def take home and with them the rest of their lives.
    A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

^ That would destroy me. I dont know how people like you and Meat do it quite frankly. Thank God though people like you are willing to do it.
    "Oh, and btw, you obviously have zero clue as to who I am, since I never back down." - CrazyBaldHead

Quote Originally Posted by MEAT ROCKET View Post
    If you took it home you couldn't do the job.

I think most of us though that are in the field or even an ER nurse like Oso get a thrill out of it. A bad wreck, shooting, stabbing, etc etc. But the the thrill is getting it, and tryin to save them or whatever. Nothing thrilling about kids killed like the recent shooting. That's something those guys will def take home and with them the rest of their lives.
    I dont like seeing homeless people on the street begging for money because I can't even imagine what their lives are like. And those guys are not even victims of stabbings, shootings, etc. I couldnt deal with seeing injured people all day long. I hate being in hospitals when I have to visit people. Its very sad to me.
    "Oh, and btw, you obviously have zero clue as to who I am, since I never back down." - CrazyBaldHead

Thanks Curtis.

It hits me every second. I saw a pic of the girl that saved her class by putting them in a closet and telling the shooter they were in gym (then he shot and killed her) on facebook and a post about Nick that just passed. I stopped and looked at Connor... just sitting watching TV while playing with his toys, and I just broke down. 20 little kids aren't watching christmas cartoons right now. they aren't driving their parents crazy by not going to bed. they aren't arguing about brushing their teeth. I'm having a hard time and I didn't know one of them, but I see all of them when I look at my son. I cannot begin to imagine what those families are going through.

Beast

edit:nvermind lol

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Young Blood View Post
    Joe, you are one of the most genuine guys on here, hell you are one of the nicest guys I know full stop. I think I speak for everyone here when I say we are here for you bro. Stay strong man, my thoughts and prayers are right with you right now. Not really much I can do or say, other than hit me up at anytime if you wanna vent or just talk, you have my email address.

I second that !!!! MUCH LOVE AND RESPECT to ya Tjoe from your lil friend all da way from Texas

Quote Originally Posted by bigoso View Post
    It's hard sometimes, especially when they are young. Honestly a lot of nurses become pretty callous. Like meat said plenty of times you code someone, work em, do everything you can, but don't get em back.....and then go eat lunch. The hardest part for me is when family is present and they are losing it and you can see that hurt
    My brother-in-law has been with Boston EMS for over 10 years and he works in Dorchester and Mattapan (aka Murderpan). He has seen a lot of shit, but he says the only things that ever really bother him are severely injured or dead kids.

Quote Originally Posted by tjoe View Post
    Thanks Curtis.

It hits me every second. I saw a pic of the girl that saved her class by putting them in a closet and telling the shooter they were in gym (then he shot and killed her) on facebook and a post about Nick that just passed. I stopped and looked at Connor... just sitting watching TV while playing with his toys, and I just broke down. 20 little kids aren't watching christmas cartoons right now. they aren't driving their parents crazy by not going to bed. they aren't arguing about brushing their teeth. I'm having a hard time and I didn't know one of them, but I see all of them when I look at my son. I cannot begin to imagine what those families are going through.
    This was the only remotely 'good' thing in that horrific event. Because of her heroic actions and sacrifice, those kids get to live and their parents get to keep their precious angels. Just as I hope there is a special place in Hell reserved for the murderer, I hope there is a special place in Heaven for her.

Thanks lil mama.

My Grandmother did not make it through the night.
    I'm a mess.
    I was lucky enough to speak with her yesterday morning. When I told her I was coming she asked me not to. Around 8pm I almost drove out there. My mom called the hospital for me and they said that my uncle had just left and she was finally getting some rest. I planned on going this morning right for 9am (when visiting hours open). Then my mom called at about 8am, just I was leaving and said "you didn't have to rush around this morning" and I knew.
    I am kicking myself for not going last night.

Quote Originally Posted by MEAT ROCKET View Post
    The news of the shooting was def the most terrible thing since 9-11. Just unimaginable. So many things to say but I'm typing from my iPhone as usual. So sad for obviously the kids and parents. My thoughts are also with the firefighters and police who had to see all those children like that. Since I've been a firefighter I've been fortunate as I've seen ALOT of death but only one tragic incident involving a small child. Definitely tough on those guys. My little girl is only 6 months old and at times I've wanted to ram my head against the wall while taking care of her but I tell you what, I couldn't wait to get through that door when I got home today and pick her up and kiss those fat cheeks!

One more thing, I know it won't happen but I feel that we should go back to the old days of like public hangings or something. Punishment for crime just isnt strong enough. Hell you can murder someone and be out in 20 years sometimes. These little depressed emo motherfuckers just aren't worried about life in prison or death by lethal injection. I believe they may think different if they knew they would be hung in the middle of town square infront of everyone the following week. On top of that, make it to where it's mandatory that between the ages of 14-18 you're required to go watch so you know WTF will happen if you want to THINK ABOUT getting crazy. Just my 2 cents...I mean the world; society or whatever just continues to get worse...
    Seems like most of the shooters either kill themselves or let the cops do it for them. Wish I had a better idea though because this is getting worse and worse with these shootings.

Page 5553 of 8402 FirstFirst ... 45535053545355035543554455455546554755485549555055515552555355545555555655575558555955605561556255635603565360536553 ... LastLast