Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 8888 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617571075071007 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Pump Pics

Lately we've been using 3 coats of Dream Tan Spray (1 Thurs, 2 Fri), and then the Dream Tan cream applied the morning of the show (Sat.) and touched up as needed. Our comps are always held on a single day, it has worked out great for us. That's what Deanne has on in the pic, actually got many compliments on her color.

Another (2006 CBBF Nationals)
    Currently: PowerBuilding

I think most guys and girls get the best results with a dye product, then using a cream like Dream Tan or Jan Tana on top of that the day of the show. That's what I SHOULD have done.

I tanned in a super bed for 2 weeks and then the day before the show I applied 3 coats of Jan Tanna(I bought the whole Jay Cutler package). It's a four part system and my tan was great I felt. The stage lights didn't even seem to be light enough. I will always you them again.

Hey Ron,

I just read your interview with Sergio Oliva in the January 2002 issue of MuscleMag and thought it was top notch and right on the money!

I wanted to know if you could go more into detail about his training and anything additional you would like to add is welcome.

Thanks and Keep up those improvements! Also you wife is a hottie you lucky guy!

Hi Ron,
    I'm new here- have been reading your thread on Mayhem for the last 8 months, and followed you over here. Finally decided to post.Love the pic.'s & video of you , Janet, & Nicole. I competed 3 times in a local amateur show- '99,2000, & '01 as a middleweight- 5'5", around 116lb. I got 2nd. No plans in the near future to compete again, but still love lifting! Hope to see more women on here posting in the future, as well!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Jen, welcome to MD.

You look great, lets see some more pics. What was your diet to get your bodyfat so low?
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook

Zach, Hany Rambod was telling me how great that whole Jan Tana system is, but you and a few others have confirmed it. It sounds like a pretty 'foolproof' way to go, which is just what a tanning fool like me needs next time!

Alexxx, I was very lucky to get that interview with Sergio. He doesn't like doing interviews, from what I could tell. Everything in the interview was all I could get out of him. He does have a web site, www.sergiooliva.com, but I kinda doubt he's online much. Just seems a little 'old-school' for it. He was a real character - not afraid to say anything at all.

Jen, welcome! These boards are always way too full of us men, good to have a woman here. Great work so far with your physique, I bet the best is still yet to come. Once you put a bit more size on with the condition you are able to get into, you'll be tough to beat.

Still posting old pics - new ones coming soon!

Ya see those triceps on Nicole? I need those for me!

The shot of me doing dips was photo-shopped by my friend Rob - he filled out my left triceps to show what I would look like if they were in proportion to everything else.

Cool thanks for the reply.

Ron, we and our bad triceps!

Mine are too small and out of proportion. And I´m not able to train them as hard as it should all year long because elbow pain. I no longer can do skull crushers, not even with teh the empty bar... it sucks...
    Member of Probiotica Team www.propremiumline.com

Ron and Miguel, you both have something in common with Markus Ruhl...small triceps. Life can't be all bad!

Miguel, I've had the same elbow pain with skullcrushers and can no longer do them. Have you tried lying dumbell extensions( its like a skullcrusher, but using dumbbells)? I found them to be very effective and I do not have any elbow pain.

I got you both beat in the 'woe is me' department! My elbow pain is so bad that I can't do any type of extension movement with free weights except kickbacks, which have the rep of being a wuss exercise.

Some days I can do all types of cable pushdowns pain-free, other days even cables cause pain, and this is after plenty of warm-ups. WAAAA!

Quote Originally Posted by jen
    Hi Ron,
    I'm new here- have been reading your thread on Mayhem for the last 8 months, and followed you over here. Finally decided to post.Love the pic.'s & video of you , Janet, & Nicole. I competed 3 times in a local amateur show- '99,2000, & '01 as a middleweight- 5'5", around 116lb. I got 2nd. No plans in the near future to compete again, but still love lifting! Hope to see more women on here posting in the future, as well!
    Welcome Jen. You look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris
    I got you both beat in the 'woe is me' department! My elbow pain is so bad that I can't do any type of extension movement with free weights except kickbacks, which have the rep of being a wuss exercise.

Some days I can do all types of cable pushdowns pain-free, other days even cables cause pain, and this is after plenty of warm-ups. WAAAA!
    Hey Ron,

Have you ever used those neoprene elbow guards? ala Ronnie? They seem to work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris

Oh yeah well I hurt my elbow grabbing wet laundry out of the washing machine to put in the dryer. Anytime i grip things the pain shoot to the outside of the elbow. Right now taking it pretty easy in the workouts and being carful with it. Ron if you have never tried skull crushers on a decline i would recommend it. Takes a lot of pressure off the elbows. That is the only way I do it. And to not go too heavy, I do about 12 reps and then finish it with about the same number of close presses of it. Like i said earlier i usually hurt it doing something besides lifting. It's just nagging tendonitis.

AVBG, I do use the neoprene wraps on my chest, shoulders, and triceps day, usually only on my left elbow where the pain is worst. They help a little, but on some days, NOTHING helps. I just have to go light on extension movements that day.

Zach, when I have done skull crushers with an EZ bar or dumbbells, it's been on a decline bench. I read years ago in Ironman when they used to run that "Muscle Meets Magnet" series with the MRI's to show what muscles or segments of muscles were worked most, and the decline worked more of the total triceps than using a flat bench. Oddly, the only thing I can do at times without pain is the skull crusher sitting back on an incline bench, like Gustavo Badell does them.

A few pics from the past few days. The outdoor shots are from yesterday, I took my son hiking because for some reason it's still pretty warm here in the Boston area.

I wish I had video of that whole hack squat set, but the person taping today (one of my older brothers, who comes down to train with me once in a while to renew his motivation and have me clean up his form) screwed up.

30-rep widowmaker on Nautilus X-Pload 11-27-06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ6v8TPI6Kw

First rep with ‘635’ on hack squats for 7 reps 11-27-06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97EXpl828XY

Middle two reps with 635 on hacks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9iqs4nWsqA

Racking 635 on hacks and finding out my brother screwed up taping

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jLGFHWaW4I

Page 7 of 8888 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617571075071007 ... LastLast