Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Derek Lunsford confident with reason to be

Behemoth

Ya'll are crazy-- Jose still on the top of his game just needs to be healthy and have life cooperate. I think he shows up at his all time best once more before he walks away.

Iron Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Alito View Post
    Damn! This is what I had always imagined Lewis looked like until I saw this! In comparison, Lewis looks like he has no X, tapering or sweeps.

It's like comparing Melvin Anthony to Flex Wheeler.

I met Derek this year helping out on the Animal booth on FIBO, he is such a gentle, friendly guy with a great sense of humor. Had an amazing weekend there in Cologne. The gains he is making under the wing of Ben Pak are unreal. Each time I open my instagram I see a new picture of Derek, one crazier than the other. He also has a great winning mindset. Rooting for him all the way! The way he came up by storm won a pro card, did the olympia and now even a serious contender for the 212 title! Amazing the sport needs more guys like derek. Staying humble!
    The iron never lies

As I said in mine and Ron’s 2017 post Olympia wrap-up video, I think Derek will be 212 Olympia champ AFTER Flex.

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    As I said in mine and Ron’s 2017 post Olympia wrap-up video, I think Derek will be 212 Olympia champ AFTER Flex.
    i didn't think he would be this good this quick

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    If Hadi be allowed to compete in the US,he would be the next Olympia.
    We're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy...

If Hadi be allowed to compete in the US,he would be the next Olympia.
    Hahaha.. Derek would smoke him. His kid was a tiny waist and great shape Hadi is big but his shape isn't even close. Hadi could not even make it to Canada

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon View Post
    Hahaha.. Derek would smoke him. His kid was a tiny waist and great shape Hadi is big but his shape isn't even close. Hadi could not even make it to Canada
    Mate, I have to disagree. Hadi is no joke. Would love to see the two of them compared though. I honestly think Hadi would take Derek.

But, depends how much improvements Derek has made since last year’s Olympia. Which he clearly has.

You're Hadi's no 1 fan like BMC is Ramy's biggest supporter or like Betiona loves Phil from the bottom of his heart. Great thing for bodybuilders to have such dedicated people like yourselves!

I agree with you Goon plenty of times,but not in this case,Hadi is more complete than Derek,the kid needs more time to refine his amazing physique,Hadi is too much for him yet.

Derek has the size and shape, just needs time to refine his physique. Next year he should be in the running for the 212 crown.

Sorry, I’m going with Goon on this one. When it comes down to it, I’d much rather have Derek’s physique. Hadi definitely has some freaky in shape muscle, but I’m more about aesthetics. Hadi doesn’t really have that...at least as far as I’m concerned. That being said, I don’t think the IFBB judges would see it the same way as me.

Not too mention, Lunsford has a badass first name!!
    I stop me....no one else does.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Jose is no spring chicken, but he's still in the game! Derek definitely is the future of the 212 class.

Jose isn't beating that, sorry!

Iron Addict

This is almost like the ASC 93 Flex Wheeler twisting back/bicep pose and Dorian's black sock photo shoot in one!

Quote Originally Posted by kaizenro View Post
    This is almost like the ASC 93 Flex Wheeler twisting back/bicep pose and Dorian's black sock photo shoot in one!
    Come on man. Invoking two examples of all timers at peak moments for this dude is jumping the gun. Pump the brakes a little.

Social media pictures mean nothing. He looks great but I'm not counting on him leapfrogging over David, Jose, Ahmad and Flex just based on those pictures. Not saying it's impossible, but I think there's a strong chance you will all be disappointed on the day of the show. Think of how many times someone has posted a bunch of pictures online where they look crazy, everyone thinks they will win, and it ends up being a different story when you see them next to their competition under stage lighting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast