Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Here is how the fans will vote at the Mr. Olympia

Quote Originally Posted by Alito View Post
    Very interesting stuff:

1° = people vote counts as 1 vote like it's one more judge at the table to choice the regular winner (no more perfect score for Phil...imo).
    2° = in the event the athlete earning the fan vote does not win the title, that competitor will be crowned the 2018 People's Champion.

JIM MANION:
    "The fans are more than spectators...they are experts and know what to look for, and I believe they deserve a say in the final outcome."

On official score cards it will still be perfect for Phil as in a show like the Olympia there are a lot of judges. They always remove top and bottom scores (sometimes top two and bottom two scores). That means that the ‘peoples vote’ will be removed. So score cards will be straight first.
    D E S T R O Y

Roelly and Ramy bring epicness, but also Cedric or Kuclo should have support from the fans.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

I’d prefer a vote on prize money distribution.

400k first in open, 40k first in 212? Ummm. Rather see 250k open first and 150k first 212.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeUK View Post
    On official score cards it will still be perfect for Phil as in a show like the Olympia there are a lot of judges. They always remove top and bottom scores (sometimes top two and bottom two scores). That means that the ‘peoples vote’ will be removed. So score cards will be straight first.

Exactly what I was thinking as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe P. View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking as well.
    yup. this is a publicity stunt, they know the vote doesnt matter because they drop the botttom two and top two scores.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeUK View Post
    You are right George my mistake.
    We're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy...

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    Roelly and Ramy bring epicness, but also Cedric or Kuclo should have support from the fans.
    Roelly, Ramy and Cedris are the most beloved by the fans. Kuclo doesn't have the same support.

Quote Originally Posted by hulk7280 View Post
    yup. this is a publicity stunt, they know the vote doesnt matter because they drop the botttom two and top two scores.
    Ditto. How to make the fans feel like their votes matter, when in reality they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by greuc View Post
    How to make the fans feel like their votes matter, when in reality they don't.
    This! But they are going to give a People's Olympia to the most popular so Phil isnt going to be happy about it.
    It's kind of a fake Olympia but it's something and this moron wants everything!

This! But they are going to give a People's Olympia to the most popular so Phil isnt going to be happy about it.
    I've never been to the olympia, so not sure the type of person who would end up voting. Isn't it still possible Phil is voted by the fans? Every other year I talk to people who were there and say 'it wasn't even close, phil won hands down, etc etc...'

So in this case I can still see Phil getting the majority.

That, and the fact the the fans 'favorite' may get spread out across a few individuals. So really you might not have a unanimous fan vote, but you still get a majority for Phil.

For example...Even at 30% phil, you have fans spreading the remaining 70% across 5-6 guys, maybe a little higher on the popular ones (ex. ramy, etc)... Then you still have Phil at 30% winning the fan vote.

Just my opinion...Unless there is really somone who comes in crazy and the remaining 70% jumps to that 1 guy.

Quote Originally Posted by stevstevd View Post
    I've never been to the olympia, so not sure the type of person who would end up voting. Isn't it still possible Phil is voted by the fans? Every other year I talk to people who were there and say 'it wasn't even close, phil won hands down, etc etc...'
    I've been at the 2015 Mr Olympia,and a lot of the people booooo Phil very very loudly,some people hate Phil.He is not as popular as Ronnie or Jay.

They know that Phil is disliked a lot and buries bodybuilding even deeper into the ground so they try to give satisfaction to the fans too by offering a trophy with no real value to the crowd's favorite.

But I don't think they'll let him win next year his ninth title, no one in his right mind thinks that Heath is the greatest ever and above Ronnie, Haney, Arnold, Dorian, even with 10 Sandows. The best solution for everyone would be if Phil announces his retirement after this year's victory.

Quote Originally Posted by greuc View Post
    But I don't think they'll let him win next year his ninth title, no one in his right mind thinks that Heath is the greatest ever and above Ronnie, Haney, Arnold, Dorian, even with 10 Sandows.
    I hope so,I'm so tired to see him winning based on his amazing BDB,and looking badly from the front,narrow and with his huge gut.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Rowe View Post
    I have been to every O since 2010 including competing in it in 2015 and no ones crowd response is as big as it is for Roelly
    This right here, I'm predicting Roelly too

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    What I hope they do is come up with a nice cash prize just for that, unless it's Phil, who is already getting 400+K I think 100K for People's Champ would be good.
    AMI owns the Olympia.
    David Pecker is CEO of AMI.
    They're most famous publication isn't Flex or Muscle & Fitness.
    It's the National Enquirer.

It was only a matter of time before an American Idol fan judging was added to the Olympia .
    Pro bodybuilding is now more WWE wrasslin' then legit , objective sport.

I'm disgusted and feel bad for the current pros.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    AMI owns the Olympia.

It was only a matter of time before an American Idol fan judging was added to the Olympia .

AMI has 2 separate groups of Brands: Fitness & Celebrity.
    I dont think they are going to make the marketing mistake to mix them,but maybe I'm wrong.

AMI owns the Olympia.

They should earn what the top earners in the WWE earn.

AMI owns the Olympia.

It is nothing more than a consolation prize for a public that may not agree with the judges. Having 2 different champions will generate a bit of drama and controversy.

I also feel bad for the direction of the sport, but this marketing trick is not painful.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast