Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here is how the fans will vote at the Mr. Olympia

Default Here is how the fans will vote at the Mr. Olympia

NEW YORK, July 10, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- American Media, Inc. (AMI), owner of the Mr. Olympia contest and Joe Weider'sOlympia Fitness & Performance Expo, today announced that for the first time in the event's history, fans will cast one of the votes to select the 2018 winner of the Mr. Olympia, the sport's premier event. This also marks the first time ever that this type of voting will be used at an IFBB Professional League event.
    "Having our fans vote for Mr. Olympia continues AMI's tradition of adding new and exciting experiences to the sport's premier event each year," said AMI Chairman and CEO David J. Pecker. "The 2018 Olympia will make history because it raises the stakes for all the competitors, ensuring that the field taking the stage at Orleans Arena on September 14 and 15 will be the best ever."
    Ticket holders for the judging round on Friday, September 14, and the finals on Saturday, September 15, will receive a special code with which they can evaluate each competitor and cast their vote on their phones. The fan votes will be collectively counted as one vote, joining the votes of the judges on the panel.
    "The audience at a bodybuilding contest is different from those of the UFC, the NFL, and other sports," IFBB Pro League President Jim Manion says. "The fans are more than spectators—they live bodybuilding and fitness. Just go to any show and you can see it isn't your normal passive crowd. Many compete or have competed before. They are experts and know what to look for, and I believe they deserve a say in the final outcome."
    In the event the athlete earning the fan vote does not win the title, that competitor will be crowned the 2018 People's Champion.
    Today's announcement generated an immediate reaction from the IFBB pros planning to compete:
    "Hearing that the fans will have an active role in who they feel should be the 2018 Mr. Olympia is a great idea! I will do my very best and give it my everything to be the last man standing in Las Vegas come September." —William Bonac, 2018 Arnold Classic champion and 2017 Mr. Olympia second runner-up.
    "Fan voting changes the game and will make a huge difference. I am all for officially naming a People's Champion, because I am always the People's Champion." —Shawn Rhoden, 2016 Mr. Olympia first runner-up.
    "Yes! I think this is going to be great! I'm always the People's Champion, so this could finally be Sandow No. 2 for me!" —Dexter Jackson, 2008 Mr. Olympia.
    Interestingly enough, Phil Heath, the current Mr. Olympia, who will be going for his record-tying eighth Sandow trophy, had no comment on the fan voting.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Phil had no comment because he would rather the judges give him the real Sandow lol

Plus he knows he aint getting that Peoples champ

Lol @ Phil’s no comment.
    I stop me....no one else does.

Phil lmao

Dexter and Rhoden are not very popular either, so shit, they will not be people champions.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Remember additional texting charges may apply depedning on your provider LOL
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Very interesting stuff:

1° = people vote counts as 1 vote like it's one more judge at the table to choice the regular winner (no more perfect score for Phil...imo).
    2° = in the event the athlete earning the fan vote does not win the title, that competitor will be crowned the 2018 People's Champion.

JIM MANION:
    "The fans are more than spectators...they are experts and know what to look for, and I believe they deserve a say in the final outcome."

Last edited by Alito; July 11th, 2018 at 05:36 PM.
    We're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy...

Quote Originally Posted by Alito View Post
    Very interesting stuff,people vote counts as 1 vote like it's another judge to choice the regular winner.
    No more perfect votes for Phil...imo
    But does it matter? If Phil gets straight 1's from the judging panel and loses the peoples vote does that really change anything? No because people are going to vote with their bias. There will be guys not even close to the top 5 getting votes, I guarantee it.

If the peoples Champ is different than the judges, will it affect their prize money? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by nocobb3203 View Post
    But does it matter? If Phil gets straight 1's from the judging panel and loses the peoples vote does that really change anything? No because people are going to vote with their bias. There will be guys not even close to the top 5 getting votes, I guarantee it.
    I agree,but its a beggining,I believe its a good thing because the judges are biased too,its obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekRJohnson View Post
    Lol @ Phil’s no comment.
    He knows for sure he'll not be People's Champion,so 1 vote less for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rep View Post
    If the peoples Champ is different than the judges, will it affect their prize money? Just wondering.
    What I hope they do is come up with a nice cash prize just for that, unless it's Phil, who is already getting 400+K I think 100K for People's Champ would be good.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Peoples Champion will be Roelly or Ramy easy!

Quote Originally Posted by ben1 View Post
    Peoples Champion will be Roelly or Ramy easy!
    Roelly allllllll dayyyyy. Place goes nuts everytime he hits the stage. He is like a big teddy bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Rowe View Post
    Roelly allllllll dayyyyy. Place goes nuts everytime he hits the stage. He is like a big teddy bear.
    The same applies for Ramy

Quote Originally Posted by Alito View Post
    The same applies for Ramy
    I have been to every O since 2010 including competing in it in 2015 and no ones crowd response is as big as it is for Roelly

Well, to quote Donald Trump; 'We'll see what happens!'
    A forum without humor is like a gym without Iron.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast